Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyghost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Quote:
Anybody got a massive delay for their order? Mine got delayed 3 months??? September build now all the way to end of November build. Salesperson said no way to find out why???
Ouch. That means a 2022 delivery if that production schedule holds. Could be anything… my only initial delays were July—>August due to Individual paint. I knew that up-front. Then for a little while I was scheduled for a Week 38 production, but what really happened was my cad when into Status 150 in early August and should be on a ship any time now.

So… who knows. What you can be certain of is your production won't start until October at the earliest. Did they give you a build week? You might want to start tracking the thread for it if they did.
I got dumped from week 3x all the way to week 47. Which dealership are you with?
Brian Jessel, but they don't control it. They request it, once the order is in BMW controls scheduling. My dealership was awesome, and did everything they could to make sure I was early in the queue since we'd been working on this for some time. I lucked out from the BMW production side, for the most part.
Do share pictures when you get the car!
Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50
      09-17-2021, 02:31 PM   #200
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Do share pictures when you get the car!
Will do, for sure. I'm told it's the first one that they expect to deliver.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 02:48 PM   #201
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
Quote:
I got dumped from week 3x all the way to week 47. Which dealership are you with?
I finalized my order and deposit on July 20th from The BMW Store on burrard. I asked for an update last Sat and she showed me that it shows as 150 on her screen. Either I lucked out or it's going to stay as 150 for the foreseeable future....
Appreciate 2
      09-17-2021, 06:14 PM   #202
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
Sounds like my build will then be bumped from September to October if dealers are only getting one allocation per month. Shin got the first one from Budds built this month and "supposedly" I'm second in line. Considering the pandemic and supply chain issues, delays are understandable…just wish we has an online portal like the US to check on status. Getting info is more of a pull through our SA (nice guy doing his best) and BMW Canada than a 'push'.
It sucks… However it is out of dealership's control. Budd's is so far accurate in estimation and there is only one guy in GTA got the car (probably a lucky July allocation).

My wait started over a year ago and it is killing me :
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 03:39 AM   #203
babyghost
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestar View Post
Quote:
I finalized my order and deposit on July 20th from The BMW Store on burrard. I asked for an update last Sat and she showed me that it shows as 150 on her screen. Either I lucked out or it's going to stay as 150 for the foreseeable future....
I wish you good luck and get the car without delays.
Appreciate 1
codestar180.50
      09-21-2021, 12:30 PM   #204
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3xDrive

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Talking to my SA, he advised my delivery see further delays due to missing part. Will not make Oct delivery and now pushed to end of November / early December.

SA advised the status of my order is 150 which means ready for paint body shop.

Anyone else experiencing similar delay? Wonder what parts is causing the delays?
      09-21-2021, 12:42 PM   #205
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct335i View Post
Talking to my SA, he advised my delivery see further delays due to missing part. Will not make Oct delivery and now pushed to end of November / early December.

Anyone else experiencing similar delay? Wonder what parts is causing the delays?
Quote:

Just heard from my SA that we are now delayed to Nov. Was to be built 2 weeks ago. They have escalated with BMW Canada to at least find out why it skipped all of Oct and if there is a firm date for Nov. Build status also went from 112 to 111. For perspective, car was ordered May 5th. Hoping for a Christmas miracle
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 01:36 PM   #206
babyghost
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Just heard from my SA that we are now delayed to Nov. Was to be built 2 weeks ago. They have escalated with BMW Canada to at least find out why it skipped all of Oct and if there is a firm date for Nov. Build status also went from 112 to 111. For perspective, car was ordered May 5th. Hoping for a Christmas miracle
Please keep us posted on what they say. I have the same delay on my June order. What's your order spec if you don't mind sharing?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 01:57 PM   #207
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Please keep us posted on what they say. I have the same delay on my June order. What's your order spec if you don't mind sharing?
Will do, here is the options list.

43AY - M3 Competition M xDrive
SP-BLD - No Charge Scheduled Maintenance 3yr/60k
ZUP - Ultimate Package
ZYU - Advanced Driving Assistant Package(94)
1T8 - 19inch/20inch M Forged Wheels, Double-Spoke, 826M, Bicolour, Perf
3DS - BMW Display Key
3M5 - M Compound Brakes, Red
403 - Glass Sunroof
48C - M Carbon Bucket Seats w/ ZUP
4MC - Carbon Fibre Trim
C3Z - Tanzanite Blue Metallic
X3KX - Kyalami Orange/Black Full Merino Leather
      09-21-2021, 02:02 PM   #208
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yup order in May as well. Prod was supposed to start in Aug (my SA told me it did) and delivery was supposed to be late Sept, then got moved to late Oct and now late Nov/ early dec. I hope it makes it this time around… Agree early Christmas gift would be nice
      09-21-2021, 02:39 PM   #209
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep

My build is pretty simple:

43AY - M3 Competition M xDrive
SP-BLD - No Charge Scheduled Maintenance 3yr/60k
ZPP - Premium Package
1T6 - 19inch/20inch Forged Wheels, Double-Spoke, 825M, Bicolour, Perf
3MF - Individual Shadowline Headlights
4MC - Carbon Fibre Trim
C3Z - Tanzanite Blue Metallic
LKSW - Black Extended Merino Leather
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2021, 03:28 PM   #210
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I just saw a news segment about how many automakers are facing significant short-term supply chain problems, impacting production maybe across the industry.
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      09-22-2021, 02:29 PM   #211
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

…and just like that I'm back to week 40 (originally 35) and status 112. No explanation. I believe the factories are scrabbling to build based on whatever parts show up at the door and this may be why there is such drastic movements in forecasting.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 05:15 PM   #212
CPSI90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 M4

Just got a call from my SA. Production is delay to Nov from Sep. He said part is missing but cannot tell what part it is? It seems to be a standard answer "Part is missing". Anyone have the answer for what exactly is missing? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 05:26 PM   #213
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPSI90 View Post
Just got a call from my SA. Production is delay to Nov from Sep. He said part is missing but cannot tell what part it is? It seems to be a standard answer "Part is missing". Anyone have the answer for what exactly is missing? Thanks!
Camera and audio module seem like the most common stop sale parts for weeks 35-36. My week 37 build just reached German port and I don't see any stop sales yet.

I hope my car can get on board to the ship tomorrow
Appreciate 2
CPSI903.00
ct335i119.50
      09-22-2021, 07:22 PM   #214
biznis32
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

I’m week 38 and my M4 MT is on status 152 “entry paint shop.” SA said Nov delivery. Seems reasonable.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 02:06 AM   #215
m4compgang
SOLD: ‘16 F83 M4, ‘22 G82 M4CX CURRENT: ‘23 M3CX
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive

Took delivery of my 22 M4 comp xdrive yesterday, from
Brian Jessel BMW. Was build week 30 (Late July) no stop sale, no supply chain issues, no production delay. Im pretty sure its the first MY 22 xdrive in BC. Valentino at BJ BMW was great to deal with.
Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50
      09-23-2021, 09:17 AM   #216
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4compgang View Post
Brian Jessel BMW. Was build week 30 (Late July) no stop sale, no supply chain issues, no production delay. Im pretty sure its the first MY 22 xdrive in BC. Valentino at BJ BMW was great to deal with.
Congrats!

He low-key tried forcing me into a 21comp demo model instead of the 6MT I tried for over a week to test drive... Glad you had a better experience than I did!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 09:21 AM   #217
biznis32
Private
Rep

Dealer gave you a 6MT for a week to demo?? Never heard of that. How’d you like? Waiting for mine to show up sometime in November.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 12:09 PM   #218
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by biznis32 View Post
Dealer gave you a 6MT for a week to demo?? Never heard of that. How’d you like? Waiting for mine to show up sometime in November.
I wish they did that! I tried for over a week to just take a test drive at all! It went like this: 1) Walk in on a saturday after calling ahead and being told that they have a 6MT they can let me take a spin in. 2) speak to the sales rep there (starts with V) and get told "no problem! Go wait out front and they'll pull it around". 3) Wait out front, and a bsm m4 pulls up and the guy hops out and tosses me the key and starts walking away. I take a look and immediately see it's automatic and call him over and tell him. He says "oh V, didn't tell you? Someone offered to buy it earlier today so it's pending sale. Just test this one". 5) Tested it since it was already there, wasn't super happy since I wanted and expected to drive the 6MT. Went back in and spoke to V and he said sorry, give a call in a few days and if it's not sold then you can drive it. 6) called a few days later and got this (almost verbatim): "oh no we sold it, we've sold every 6MT right away". I asked if they are getting any more and got: "we aren't bringing any more in because they never sell and no one wants them". M:..........but you sell them all right away..... Him: "well we aren't getting any more. if you want the comp demo car i'll give you a deal otherwise sorry". Completely rude, and a little blunt to a potential customer. 7) I checked back a few times over the next month and the original 6MT that I was told was "sold" was still listed both on autotrader and the BJ website. I bought my 435 from them but what a terrible experience. I was able to test drive a 6MT from the BMW store and ended up really not enjoying the clutch feel so I just decided to bite the bullet and order an 8AT xdrive from them since they were way more polite and helpful

TLDR: Shady sales experience at BJ, didn't get to test drive the 6MT at all, and subsequently test drove 6MT at BMW Store and ultimately ordered xdrive from them instead
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 02:58 PM   #219
biznis32
Private
Rep

My bad I. I misinterpreted your message. You tried for a week to get a test drive in a M4.
6MT not for you? Did something turn you off or you really wanted an xdrive.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 03:42 PM   #220
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4compgang View Post
Awesome, congrats! Photos?

I wonder if mine is still on track to be the first M3C xDrive delivered. Status updated today: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=27721141
Appreciate 0