BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

02-25-2024, 02:41 AM   #1
TheRamon
Rep
Drives: SPY G80 M3CX

Album art in cluster

So I got my SPY M3 last week and I'm totally in love with it. Coming from a G30 5 series I am not at all reminiscing my decision. The upgrade from ID6 to ID7 is nice as well, but there's one thing I'm wondering.

In a lot of G20 3 series, the (extended) cluster shows a music section with title, album art AND a background. See image below. In our cars, we're also perfectly able to scroll (using the BC button) to the now playing section, the title and album art shows, but the background is not showing up. Is that just me, or do we all have this? Is it because the M clusters have a different 'design' with different fonts? I'm mainly using CarPlay for music.

Here's a topic discussing the same, but I think they're mainly discussing the Spotify option:
Bimmerpost G20 forums: Spotify Album Art

I'm from Europe/Germany btw, should it matter.

Would love to see your opinions on this, thanks a bunch.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 06:21 PM   #2
Rosetta Stoned
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2023 X3

Garage List
My wife's X3 does this but my M3 does not. I have not see where this can be coded yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 12:38 PM   #3
christianb5s4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Built 2001 Audi S4

Mine (ID8) only shows album art but not the background, so we are stuck with that. Also, nice music choice!
      02-26-2024, 12:48 PM   #4
SHINOBI-Carbon
Rep
Drives: BMW G82X

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRamon View Post
So I got my SPY M3 last week and I'm totally in love with it. Coming from a G30 5 series I am not at all reminiscing my decision. The upgrade from ID6 to ID7 is nice as well, but there's one thing I'm wondering.

In a lot of G20 3 series, the (extended) cluster shows a music section with title, album art AND a background. See image below. In our cars, we're also perfectly able to scroll (using the BC button) to the now playing section, the title and album art shows, but the background is not showing up. Is that just me, or do we all have this? Is it because the M clusters have a different 'design' with different fonts? I'm mainly using CarPlay for music.

Here's a topic discussing the same, but I think they're mainly discussing the Spotify option:
Bimmerpost G20 forums: Spotify Album Art

I'm from Europe/Germany btw, should it matter.

Would love to see your opinions on this, thanks a bunch.

Easily coded remotely. You need an enet cable.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 02:20 PM   #5
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-Carbon View Post
Easily coded remotely. You need an enet cable.
You can code in specifically the background for the album art? I think you may be thinking of coding in the general non-M cluster, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice that entire look just for background album art.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 01:28 AM   #6
TheRamon
Rep
Drives: SPY G80 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
You can code in specifically the background for the album art? I think you may be thinking of coding in the general non-M cluster, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice that entire look just for background album art.
Exactly my thoughts. The cluster is splendid, loving the styling, fonts, everything. But I guess the only “downgrade” from the original one is that the default styling has the background, where we do not. Unless I’m misunderstanding and solely the background can be coded specifically.
Appreciate 0