BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

01-29-2024, 06:50 PM   #67
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Slicktop was an E46 thing. G80 is either CF or sunroof.
Meant to say, not spec’ing the sunroof. I’d still consider it a slick top, colloquially.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 08:44 PM   #68
BryanCO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 997.1 GT3 G80 Manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB_Cooper View Post
Build is almost done. Will prob upset alot of people lol.

Going IOMG
slicktop
MT
Silverstone
Exec pack
18/19 base wheels - don’t care about the risk of rocks scraping up caliper , the base wheels look the best imo.

Shadowline headlights

Really unsure about spec’ing the laser lights. Besides aesthetics of DRL I’m not sure if it’s needed. I’m fine w/ it being a “poverty spec” not trying to impress people at cars & coffee. I’ve yet to find a compelling argument for the lasers besides that the DRLs look cool, maybe resale value of a few hundred $.
Nice

Have you seen a car in person with the base wheels? To me, the car is so big that the base wheels just looked out of proportion. And the optional wheels are fairly reasonably priced. I actually have two sets of the optional wheels…825 and 826’s.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 09:07 PM   #69
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
Nice

Have you seen a car in person with the base wheels? To me, the car is so big that the base wheels just looked out of proportion. And the optional wheels are fairly reasonably priced. I actually have two sets of the optional wheels…825 and 826’s.
Have seen them in person. I’m in the Tristate area and the roads here are hot trash; it’s like driving in a war torn area. If I ever move I’ll consider going up to 19/20.

I also want to be as incognito as possible, which is tough w/ an IOMG car. But the car will be daily driven, parked on the street at times, and I can’t stress about it; can’t live that life.

Attached some pics of the wheels on IOMG
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-30-2024, 02:11 AM   #70
Ankarah
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Laser lights in black which I think is another $300 option on top of the lasers but it makes the car look completely different, especially if you go for darker ext colors.

Another must is carbon trim. It makes the interior so much better.

I thought executive package was a must due to HUD, but the id8 version of it is, dare I say it, too distracting. The goddman navigation interface obscures almost the entire FOV out the windshield!
And I find myself using google map via wireless carplay anyway which isnt supported by HuD.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 06:50 AM   #71
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Have seen them in person. I’m in the Tristate area and the roads here are hot trash; it’s like driving in a war torn area. If I ever move I’ll consider going up to 19/20.

I also want to be as incognito as possible, which is tough w/ an IOMG car. But the car will be daily driven, parked on the street at times, and I can’t stress about it; can’t live that life.

I've owned red cars, blue cars, white cars, a brown car (ewww), a black car, and now IOMG. Incognito goes right out the window with IOMG. I've even been confronted by someone who experienced rude driving by a different IOMG car under the assumption that there couldn't be two frogs in the area.
Appreciate 2
      01-30-2024, 11:37 PM   #72
drkenng
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Build is almost done. Will prob upset alot of people lol.

Going IOMG
slicktop
MT
Silverstone
Exec pack
18/19 base wheels - don’t care about the risk of rocks scraping up caliper , the base wheels look the best imo.

Shadowline headlights

Really unsure about spec’ing the laser lights. Besides aesthetics of DRL I’m not sure if it’s needed. I’m fine w/ it being a “poverty spec” not trying to impress people at cars & coffee. I’ve yet to find a compelling argument for the lasers besides that the DRLs look cool, maybe resale value of a few hundred $.

looks like laser lights are going away for the '25 LCI, so your car will "look" newer
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 08:09 AM   #73
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Quote:

Wish I could have specced these on my M3C.
Appreciate 1
DB_Cooper599.50
      02-10-2024, 05:38 PM   #74
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just submitted the paperwork for the car.

Appreciate the responses guys and gals

Went w/ IOMG - removed the extended shadow line. Slightly partial to the body color spoiler & mirrors on IOMG

And after lots of back & forth spec’d the laser lights for $1k. I actually wondered if BMW will just add the laser lights for free since they’re going away for the LCI.

Anyone get them added free of charge on recent builds ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 05:52 PM   #75
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Why on earth would they give away a $1000 option? This is BMW we’re talking about here.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 05:57 PM   #76
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why on earth would they give away a $1000 option? This is BMW we’re talking about here.
Sometimes upgrades like headlights make it into the final model year or switch before LCI car.

A bunch of m2 comps got headlight upgrades & infotainment upgrades a few mos after I ordered mine, even though they’re all the same model year. My 2021 arrived Nov 2020. I think Feb 2021 to EOP cars got upgraded, from what I recall.

Some early model year G80 m3s got laser lights for free, but I think that was a packaging issue since they weren’t a standalone option until later model years
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 07:20 AM   #77
geko29
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT

Quote:
To be fair, the M4s laser taillights are a 3400 Euro (~$3700) option in Germany, but standard equipment in the US, with only a $1k base price increase for the LCI.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 08:47 AM   #78
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by geko29 View Post
To be fair, the M4s laser taillights are a 3400 Euro (~$3700) option in Germany, but standard equipment in the US, with only a $1k base price increase for the LCI.
No. M4 lasers are a 1k option in the U.S. They are supposedly being discontinued with the LCI. Glad mine is a pre-LCI.
      02-11-2024, 09:07 AM   #79
autoninja
Registered
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i

Great color choice!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 09:10 AM   #80
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
No. M4 lasers are a 1k option in the U.S. They are supposedly being discontinued with the LCI. Glad mine is a pre-LCI.
He referenced the laser taillights, which are standard for the LCI in the US, but optional elsewhere.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2024, 09:17 AM   #81
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
He referenced the laser taillights, which are standard for the LCI in the US, but optional elsewhere.
My mistake. Thanks for the clarification.
'Cane8514.50
      02-11-2024, 09:46 AM   #82
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, MY

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Full leather - must
Parking package - must
Exec package - must
Bucket seats - awesome but not necessary
Carbon exterior pack - also not necessary
6MT - my preference

Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602215.50
      02-11-2024, 10:41 AM   #83
Skyscraper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Good choice on Silverstone. The blue hue in the silver goes really good with green and blue cars. It doesn’t get the love it deserves.

I was dead set on red interior this time. So I picked a exterior color around the interior.
Next one will be a blue car with Silvestone; if it’s still available.
Appreciate 1
DB_Cooper599.50
      02-11-2024, 11:44 AM   #84
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankarah View Post
Laser lights in black which I think is another $300 option on top of the lasers but it makes the car look completely different, especially if you go for darker ext colors.

Another must is carbon trim. It makes the interior so much better.

I thought executive package was a must due to HUD, but the id8 version of it is, dare I say it, too distracting. The goddman navigation interface obscures almost the entire FOV out the windshield!
And I find myself using google map via wireless carplay anyway which isnt supported by HuD.
This is because you're on an iPhone. When connected to an iPhone and you use Apple Maps, you'll get directions in the HUD. When on Android Auto and using Google Maps, you'll get directions on the HUD. Cross use between CarPlay and Google Maps, unfortunately, doesn't show anything on the HUD.

OP: Have you considered full leather? It's an option I see many regret not taking down the line. It may have been brought up earlier in the thread but yeah, something to consider. Really elevates the feel and look of the interior when you have a brighter choice like Silverstone.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1
DB_Cooper599.50
      02-11-2024, 12:27 PM   #85
DB_Cooper
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
This is because you're on an iPhone. When connected to an iPhone and you use Apple Maps, you'll get directions in the HUD. When on Android Auto and using Google Maps, you'll get directions on the HUD. Cross use between CarPlay and Google Maps, unfortunately, doesn't show anything on the HUD.

OP: Have you considered full leather? It's an option I see many regret not taking down the line. It may have been brought up earlier in the thread but yeah, something to consider. Really elevates the feel and look of the interior when you have a brighter choice like Silverstone.
Thought about it, just prefer the black door cards vs silverstone on full leather.

Really just want silverstone on the seats. Whats the door card material without full leather? Sensatech? Or some other material ?

I opted for the exec pack for the sensatech dash.
Appreciate 0