BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

02-28-2023, 05:32 PM   #23
m3_blanc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AlpineWhite6MT///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tom Cruise View Post
Where can you purchase the polyurethane bushing for the g8x?
Turner Motorsports. It's been done by members of a 6MT G8X FB group I moderate. They just don't list G80 but it can be done.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6962...289/?ref=share
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 05:59 PM   #24
BMWnation
BMWnation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 535, M4

[QUOTE=firetyphoon1;29889383]Might need some elaboration from you as well. What mods did you do?

#2 Clutch Stop:
Allows faster and smoother shifts by removing the dead space between your clutch pedal and the floor. Snaps into place like your OEM clutch stop and is fully reversible. For me it made reversing uphill into my garage a lot easier.

#4 Bushing:
Even after rebuilding your manual transmission shifter with brand new BMW components or installing a short shift kit, your shifts will still be at the mercy of soft factory bushings. Designed with 100% comfort and low manufacturing costs in mind, BMW's factory carrier bushing offers a freedom of movement on all axis, resulting in "factory installed slop". Any manual transmission aficionado knows that when it comes to shifting, slop is the enemy. Causing inconsistent gear locations, embarrassing missed shifts, and an overall experience that is less than confidence inspiring.

The result of the bushing, is a complete design solution that offers much crisper shifting and a more engaging driving experience with nearly zero added gearbox noise or

For #2 that’s what I did. I added. BMS clutch stop.

I’ve done clutch stop and CDV delete.
Which has been great.

Where does the bushing goes specifically? For the gearbox Mount or the shifter assembly is what I gather?

Thanks for the dialogue
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 06:05 PM   #25
m3_blanc
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=BMWnation;29889501]
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetyphoon1 View Post
Might need some elaboration from you as well. What mods did you do?

#2 Clutch Stop:
Allows faster and smoother shifts by removing the dead space between your clutch pedal and the floor. Snaps into place like your OEM clutch stop and is fully reversible. For me it made reversing uphill into my garage a lot easier.

#4 Bushing:
Even after rebuilding your manual transmission shifter with brand new BMW components or installing a short shift kit, your shifts will still be at the mercy of soft factory bushings. Designed with 100% comfort and low manufacturing costs in mind, BMW's factory carrier bushing offers a freedom of movement on all axis, resulting in "factory installed slop". Any manual transmission aficionado knows that when it comes to shifting, slop is the enemy. Causing inconsistent gear locations, embarrassing missed shifts, and an overall experience that is less than confidence inspiring.

The result of the bushing, is a complete design solution that offers much crisper shifting and a more engaging driving experience with nearly zero added gearbox noise or

For #2 that’s what I did. I added. BMS clutch stop.

I’ve done clutch stop and CDV delete.
Which has been great.

Where does the bushing goes specifically? For the gearbox Mount or the shifter assembly is what I gather?

Thanks for the dialogue
https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...kaAn0GEALw_wcB

Should show pics of where. Not sure of any detailed installs since it's last on my list to pursue.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 06:22 PM   #26
Tall Tom Cruise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetyphoon1 View Post
Turner Motorsports. It's been done by members of a 6MT G8X FB group I moderate. They just don't list G80 but it can be done.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6962...289/?ref=share
Got it. Thanks! So this is just a direct bolt on/replacement?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 08:47 AM   #27
m3_blanc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tom Cruise View Post
Got it. Thanks! So this is just a direct bolt on/replacement?
Trying to PM you, your mail box is full!

They've been released by rogue engineering.

You can get the bushings or a kit that has some other pieces, here is a link.
https://www.rogueengineering.com/Rog...Kit_p_408.html
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 10:08 AM   #28
mcsquared
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 SSG G80 6m/t

Nice build. I’ll be picking mine up from the same dealership later this year. Curious, did you have a chance to drive through some curvy roads, being in the mountains and all? What types of speeds are recommended during break in (aside from the generic ones recommended by BMW) when driving in such conditions? Mostly just curious if it’s OK to drive through the mountains without issue. I’m sure it’ll be fun once I am able to pick up the car in the Fall.

Oh, and I also sold my ‘21 STi, so, will be interesting if you can provide some comparisons, even though I know they are different cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 10:29 AM   #29
m3_blanc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
Nice build. I’ll be picking mine up from the same dealership later this year. Curious, did you have a chance to drive through some curvy roads, being in the mountains and all? What types of speeds are recommended during break in (aside from the generic ones recommended by BMW) when driving in such conditions? Mostly just curious if it’s OK to drive through the mountains without issue. I’m sure it’ll be fun once I am able to pick up the car in the Fall.

Oh, and I also sold my ‘21 STi, so, will be interesting if you can provide some comparisons, even though I know they are different cars.
Nice! Deff some nice curvy roads that took me through some tunnels and near App state Univ
Not sure if it depends if you're 6MT vs Auto, but I think nothing over 5K rpm or so.
It's deff different from my STI, check out my IG for some videos. Going from a 6MT AWD to this 6MT RWD with everything I have on it, is amazing, don't even miss the STI honestly. You'll enjoy it! If you went Xdr, not you'll have a different ver. of fun, but all better nonetheless!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 10:36 AM   #30
mcsquared
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 SSG G80 6m/t

I kept it manual. Been driving manuals for years, so, was the best ‘fit’ for me.

Will be nice to drive in the mountains in the Fall, for sure.

Followed your IG account from mine @mcsquaredphotography - cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2023, 05:29 AM   #31
m3_blanc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
I kept it manual. Been driving manuals for years, so, was the best ‘fit’ for me.

Will be nice to drive in the mountains in the Fall, for sure.

Followed your IG account from mine @mcsquaredphotography - cheers!
For sure! Followed back! We'll catch up once you get it!
Appreciate 0