02-07-2024, 01:43 PM   #23
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Thank you for your feedback; however, I respectfully disagree.

When responding to customers on a public forum, my responses are not just to the individual but also to existing and future customers.

By not specifying that public forums are not the best channel for order-related questions, Im encouraging a process that could lead to questions being missed.

The most effective method to reach us for updates on orders is through dm or emailing support@x-ph.com.
Your post came off as unfriendly imo, if that's how you want to reply to customers and for others to see you that's fine, but a shorter, to the point and up beat response would be better for everyone to see.
Appreciate 1
Chi5824.00
      02-07-2024, 01:45 PM   #24
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
Your post came off as unfriendly imo, if that's how you want to reply to customers and for others to see you that's fine, but a shorter, to the point and up beat response would be better for everyone to see.
Context is important here. When OP states that they asked for expedited shipping and it has not yet shipped, it might lead others without the whole story to believe I promised him expedited shipping and failed to deliver.

In reality, OP proposed paying extra for faster delivery, which I declined, explaining that I couldn't guarantee expedited shipping since I'm not the shipper in this case (it's active). Without providing this context, a future customer might contact me, concerned that we don't process orders promptly based on what they've read, or they might prematurely worry about their order's timing due to misconceptions formed from online posts (and this happens all the time, where a customer is already upset before even talking to me because of some post they read online). This is why it's important to me to address these issues by providing the context.

Explaining the situation to you, who isn't directly involved, feels somewhat uncomfortable, to be honest. However, I do appreciate your feedback. If my response seemed unfriendly and upset OP, that was not my intention, and i am willing to apologize for any misunderstanding.

Phone number 702-494-9435

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 02-07-2024 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
Skyscraper2202.00
      02-07-2024, 02:57 PM   #25
aremmell
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
posting this without adding any relevant context seems a bit questionable. For questions about your order, it's best to reach out directly via DM not post it on a public forum.

Your order was placed on Sunday, which means it has only been two business days, with today being the third day at 8 AM.

Regarding expedited shipping, here is the full answer that i sent you the day you placed your order, "The item ships directly from Active Autowerke, meaning we can't offer expedited shipping. However, we will request they prioritize your order for the earliest possible dispatch."

i was very honest with you and told you right away that i could not make this guarantee, yet you decided to bring up this issue in a public forum two days later, despite receiving a direct response on the day your order was made.

Also your order has already shipped yesterday with Fedex and will be delivered on Saturday. you will receive the tracking number today
I wasn't trying to give you a hard time or make you look bad. I was confused because you had told me it would ship from AA, and that I couldn't get expedited service guaranteed. However, yesterday someone from your shop emailed me and asked me if I still wanted expedited processing.

I stated that I had already been told that it was shipping from AA, but that if you would be shipping it instead, that I would like expedited shipping–the response was a PayPal invoice for $75. This gave me the impression that you were shipping it instead now, and that I should expect it to ship any moment...

This is just all a misunderstanding/lack of communication and isn't a big deal.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2024, 03:51 PM   #26
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aremmell View Post
I wasn't trying to give you a hard time or make you look bad. I was confused because you had told me it would ship from AA, and that I couldn't get expedited service guaranteed. However, yesterday someone from your shop emailed me and asked me if I still wanted expedited processing.

I stated that I had already been told that it was shipping from AA, but that if you would be shipping it instead, that I would like expedited shipping–the response was a PayPal invoice for $75. This gave me the impression that you were shipping it instead now, and that I should expect it to ship any moment...

This is just all a misunderstanding/lack of communication and isn't a big deal.
I understand where you're coming from, and I didn't believe you intentionally intended to cast me in a negative light. As I've mentioned, I must respond in a way that clears any misconceptions for existing or future customers.

Regarding the expedited shipping you requested, I had to decline because it's shipping directly from the manufacturer, and based on my experience with manufacturer drop shipping, it rarely works, whether it is because manufacturers don't process the order quickly enough for the expedited shipping to make sense or if they forget and end up sending the order with regular shipping.

It looks like you requested expedited shipping in your order notes, which i was unaware of when we spoke by dm. My shipper, unaware of our conversation on the forums, contacted Active for a quote on expedited shipping. After you paid the quoted amount, he processed the order with expedited shipping.

Unfortunately, the order was sent via regular shipping, just as I had feared might happen. I appreciate your understanding in this matter. Other customers might not be as understanding and could hold us responsible, which is why I don't offer this option.

I've refunded the expedited shipping charge, so we should be squared away now. If my response came across as unfriendly or caused any offense, I sincerely apologize. Text communication can sometimes lead to misunderstandings, and considering English is my third language, it does not make it easier.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 04:03 PM   #27
Skyscraper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzo View Post
I haven't installed my MAD midpipe yet but I have the IRL brace which looks more/less the same as the one you show there. My concern is that my driveway is rather steep and the entrance to my garage causes issues with any lowered car I've had. I want to lower in spring so I'm trying to look at all of the parts combined to find the best solution.
Move to a different house
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2024, 07:09 PM   #28
aremmell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper View Post
Move to a different house
Or get one of these.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 07:12 PM   #29
aremmell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
So... I've had the Supersprint downpipes and mid-pipe on for a few days, and there is a *lot* of burbling when I let the throttle off anywhere under 4K RPM or so.

I have completely disabled ASC using BimmerCode (this is much nicer btw), but these burbling sounds seem to be organic.

Is this to be expected with a stock tune? Will a stage 1 tune alleviate it? I really hate that sound.

Any other tips/tricks I should know about?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 08:35 PM   #30
Skyscraper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Or get one of these.
If he is worried about the mid brace entering the garage.
I’m going to assume he has an uphill driveway into a flat garage and the car scrapes in the middle.

It’s civil engineering.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 09:33 PM   #31
aremmell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper View Post
If he is worried about the mid brace entering the garage.
I’m going to assume he has an uphill driveway into a flat garage and the car scrapes in the middle.

It’s civil engineering.
I didn't even read his post, I just ass-u-me'd that you meant getting in the driveway.
Appreciate 1
Skyscraper2202.00
      02-08-2024, 06:27 AM   #32
nunzo
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Rep
Drives: germans

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
1997 BMW M3  [0.00]
1994 BMW M3  [9.83]
Ok so I’m not moving for at least 6 years until my kid is out of school. Looking for a building in the meantime.

Yes, steep driveway up to a raised garage. The only solution I can think of short term is grinding down the edge of the concrete going into the garage.

One of my E36 are so low that it gets stuck on the unibody behind the front wheels 🥲
Appreciate 1
Skyscraper2202.00
      02-09-2024, 01:46 PM   #33
1rmy7
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 G82

Ip, what do you think of the supersprint midpipe so far? I am looking to buy one,but it’s diameter is 65mm while oem is 70mm and that’s holding me back from it…
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 03:47 PM   #34
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:
So... I've had the Supersprint downpipes and mid-pipe on for a few days, and there is a *lot* of burbling when I let the throttle off anywhere under 4K RPM or so.

I have completely disabled ASC using BimmerCode (this is much nicer btw), but these burbling sounds seem to be organic.

Is this to be expected with a stock tune? Will a stage 1 tune alleviate it? I really hate that sound.

Removing the Primary, secondary cats and resonator make the stock bubbles more pronounced. Most of its is coming from the addition of the Downpipes.

Installing a flash tune and removing them would be one way. Another way is staying out of sports mode. Boring..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 04:01 PM   #35
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

I used washers between brace and body. Those tiny bolts are not structural, so no probs with spacing down.
      02-09-2024, 04:56 PM   #36
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Easy and cheap fix. Shims and longer bolts.
Appreciate 1
forcefed2567.00
      02-10-2024, 12:52 PM   #37
aremmell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rmy7 View Post
Ip, what do you think of the supersprint midpipe so far? I am looking to buy one,but it’s diameter is 65mm while oem is 70mm and that’s holding me back from it…
It depends on what you think sounds good, really. There are parts of the RPM range where it sounds much better than stock, and parts where it sounds worse due to rasp (to me; some people like this sound, so it's personal preference).

I can tell you that it dropped a good 40 lbs of weight off the car, looks cleaner underneath, and has noticeably more power.

Talk to the Supersprint rep on whatsapp (it's on their website). They are very friendly and responsive. They will send you video links and such.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 10:23 PM   #38
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:

Did you try turning off the M Sound Control? (the button on the center console). That controls timings to exaggerate the burbles. If ASD is coded out, the button does nothing else.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 10:59 PM   #39
aremmell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Did you try turning off the M Sound Control? (the button on the center console). That controls timings to exaggerate the burbles. If ASD is coded out, the button does nothing else.
Hrm, I wasn't aware of that. If I turn that off, it sounds civil (but anemic under throttle). I will tinker with it.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 06:47 AM   #40
1rmy7
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 G82

Quote:
It depends on what you think sounds good, really. There are parts of the RPM range where it sounds much better than stock, and parts where it sounds worse due to rasp (to me; some people like this sound, so it's personal preference).

I can tell you that it dropped a good 40 lbs of weight off the car, looks cleaner underneath, and has noticeably more power.

Talk to the Supersprint rep on whatsapp (it's on their website). They are very friendly and responsive. They will send you video links and such.
Do you have a sound clip?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 06:31 PM   #41
aremmell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rmy7 View Post
Do you have a sound clip?
This is the sound (as good as a GoPro MAX can pick it up mounted on the license plate) at low speed then WOT from 30-100mph. I should have caught some downshifts and such in there... I have extra footage; I'll put up another video tonight of what it sounds like off the throttle and driving around in suburbia.

This is Sport+ everything, M sound on, sequential S3. I believe I started in 2nd gear.

Last edited by aremmell; 02-12-2024 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: fix link
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 11:16 PM   #42
aremmell
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
As promised, here's the few minutes following that WOT roll. You can get a better idea for the sound of my setup in this video, complete with ridiculous amounts of "burbling" during throttle-closed deceleration (between about 2-4K RPM).

My friend who knows quite a bit more about turbos and engines in general than I do said that since the cats are missing from the downpipes, the computer is adjusting the timing / adding extra fuel that flows out of the exhaust port in an attempt to heat up the non-existent catalytic converters so that they perform more efficiently.

The only way to get rid of that godforsaken burbling (afaik) is to put the cats back, get one of these, or get a flash tune. Personally, I cannot stand that sound so I have been driving with flaps closed until I get the car tuned.

If you listen closely, you might hear the mid-pipe vibrating up against the brace when I am driving very slowly Oh well; AA brace with more clearance will be here mañana.

Appreciate 0