Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-09-2024, 10:27 AM   #23
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by patb609 View Post
Thanks so just to confirm i should switch from automatic to manual and leave the ip address blank?
Copy IP and subnet mask. Switch to manual. Add the copied IP and subnet mask and leave router blank.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 11:04 AM   #24
patb609
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
Copy IP and subnet mask. Switch to manual. Add the copied IP and subnet mask and leave router blank.
Unfortunately that does seem to work with my wifi unit. Please see the attached. Not sure if i am doing something wrong
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 12:05 PM   #25
81bear
Captain
Rep

I’m not technical by any means so I’m not sure I can help much further.

It maybe helpful if you post the rest of your setting.

Also to confirm, you can connect to the adapter but you do not have internet access when connected right.

Last thing, what are you using the adapter for? I ask as if it’s for flashing a file or data logging I don’t believe you need to be connected and have internet at the same time for it to work.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 12:09 PM   #26
patb609
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Also to confirm, you can connect to the adapter but you do not have internet access when connected right.

Last thing, what are you using the adapter for? I ask as if it’s for flashing a file or data logging I don’t believe you need to be connected and have internet at the same time for it to work.
I am hoping to use it for flashing and logging. For some reason it connects to the car only while it is running now. So i should be able to log my new map from my tuner. However i belive the car is suppose to off while i flash it. Hoping their support team can advise.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 12:11 PM   #27
81bear
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patb609 View Post
I am hoping to use it for flashing and logging. For some reason it connects to the car only while it is running now. So i should be able to log my new map from my tuner. However i belive the car is suppose to off while i flash it. Hoping their support team can advise.
It needs to be in diagnostics mode. Turn the car off and hit the start button 3 times fast. Your car will then give power to the adapter and accept the tune.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 12:15 PM   #28
patb609
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It needs to be in diagnostics mode. Turn the car off and hit the start button 3 times fast. Your car will then give power to the adapter and accept the tune.
I sure feel like an idiot now! Thanks for the advice it appears to be working now.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 02:49 PM   #29
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:

I use it for coding, flashing, and data logging. I also use it to wirelessly connect to ISTA which is super nice.