BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

07-06-2023, 09:48 AM   #155
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nication View Post
Damion For what it's worth, it wouldn't be the first time Genius was wrong. I've been told different things by different Genius agents, despite them both having the same info.

I'm not saying you aren't in Munich, but you very well may not be either. Unfortunately this situation is so all over the place.

Type M I'm glad you got on with me dude. I'm not sure which ship specifically, but I'm guessing either Wild Rose, or Theben.

kgelfen360 Thanks dude!! Can't wait to join the club. In celebration I orded catless downpipes and midpipes lol

To all 3 of you, I'm gonna be going to Bimmerinvasion LA, on September 3rd, and my car will be part of the "show cars". Hope to see at least one of you there!
Hahaha u need more delays and pre celebrations to get more parts!!!
Let us know what boat u are on.

On the genius it so weird how limited and different info each one has.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 09:52 AM   #156
Damion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: In the Market 4 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Hahaha u need more delays and pre celebrations to get more parts!!!
Let us know what boat u are on.

On the genius it so weird how limited and different info each one has.

yea i asked why my car was left and everyone else is loaded on the boat, the only thing i can think at this point is they dont have anyone that can drive a manual trans and thats why she is sitting
      07-06-2023, 10:52 AM   #157
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Type M kgelfen360

I got news for us. I'm on Wild Rose Leader, departed from Zeebrugge. So that seems to confirm to us that the M4s go to Zeebrugge, and the M3s to Bremerhaven! I'd imagine Type M is on the same ship as me then.

We are scheduled to arrived at Port Hueneme August 1st!!
Appreciate 2
      07-06-2023, 10:53 AM   #158
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Type M

I got news for us. I'm on Wild Rose Leader, departed from Zeebrugge. So that seems to confirm to us that the M4s go to Zeebrugge, and the M3s to Bremerhaven! I'd imagine you're on the same ship as me then.

Yea see this makes a lot of sense!!!
Appreciate 2
      07-06-2023, 10:54 AM   #159
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea see this makes a lot of sense!!!
If there's any solace in the situation, it's that Type M and I got on that brand new 2023 built ship! Maybe it's got some turbos 🤔😂
Appreciate 2
      07-06-2023, 11:03 AM   #160
hhkb
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3

Quote:
If there's any solace in the situation, it's that Type M and I got on that brand new 2023 built ship! Maybe it's got some turbos 🤔😂
The real question is: does it have carbon buckets? 🤣
      07-06-2023, 11:04 AM   #161
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhkb View Post
The real question is: does it have carbon buckets? 🤣
If it's anything like what I ordered, then yes! 😂
Appreciate 2
      07-06-2023, 12:16 PM   #162
Damion
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
my will more than likely be on the Santa Maria and will take 6 months to a year before it even sees the coast of North America
      07-06-2023, 01:15 PM   #163
kyleyu059
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

Quote:
Type M kgelfen360

I got news for us. I'm on Wild Rose Leader, departed from Zeebrugge. So that seems to confirm to us that the M4s go to Zeebrugge, and the M3s to Bremerhaven! I'd imagine Type M is on the same ship as me then.

Welcome to the Wild Rose Leader fam
      07-06-2023, 04:09 PM   #164
Damion
Second Lieutenant
Rep

MAAAAAAAANnnnnnn i just looked in Bemerhaven and the ARC Independence is pulling in to port, its flagged out of the US, that would be awesome to get my car on......... but my luck that wont be the case
      07-06-2023, 04:26 PM   #165
drsim
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Xdrive 2023

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type M View Post
Awesome! I was just heading here to ask you but glad to see you are. I'm guessing we are on the same ship as last night when I checked I was not but this morning I am as well.
Very happy to see you moving!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 05:00 PM   #166
Type M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24 M4CX On Order

Quote:
Damion For what it's worth, it wouldn't be the first time Genius was wrong. I've been told different things by different Genius agents, despite them both having the same info.

I'm not saying you aren't in Munich, but you very well may not be either. Unfortunately this situation is so all over the place.

Type M I'm glad you got on with me dude. I'm not sure which ship specifically, but I'm guessing either Wild Rose, or Theben.

kgelfen360 Thanks dude!! Can't wait to join the club. In celebration I orded catless downpipes and midpipes lol

To all 3 of you, I'm gonna be going to Bimmerinvasion LA, on September 3rd, and my car will be part of the "show cars". Hope to see at least one of you there!
Glad to see it's all working out and your car will be part of the show cars. Be sure to take a bunch a pics and post them here. I'm in WA state so won't be able to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damion View Post
yea i asked why my car was left and everyone else is loaded on the boat, the only thing i can think at this point is they dont have anyone that can drive a manual trans and thats why she is sitting
What was your Production Date? I'm hoping you get on a ship soon. I'd imagine BMW would want to get all the 23 M3s to the dealers before the 24 M3s start hitting ships soon.

Quote:
Type M kgelfen360

That is good news! I'm hoping I'm on the same ship as you. I emailed Genius this morning and hopefully will hear back from them tomorrow with what ship I'm on. Aug 1st arrival at Port Hueneme would be a dream at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsim View Post
Very happy to see you moving!
Me too! How's everything going with your M3? We need more pics! I was happy to see just how quickly you were able to get yours.
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2023, 05:40 PM   #167
Damion
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Glad to see it's all working out and your car will be part of the show cars. Be sure to take a bunch a pics and post them here. I'm in WA state so won't be able to make it.

What was your Production Date? I'm hoping you get on a ship soon. I'd imagine BMW would want to get all the 23 M3s to the dealers before the 24 M3s start hitting ships soon.

That is good news! I'm hoping I'm on the same ship as you. I emailed Genius this morning and hopefully will hear back from them tomorrow with what ship I'm on. Aug 1st arrival at Port Hueneme would be a dream at this point.

Me too! How's everything going with your M3? We need more pics! I was happy to see just how quickly you were able to get yours.
mine and FromCamryToG80 where built and delivered to "Port" on the same day.
      07-06-2023, 06:13 PM   #168
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Type M
Which dealer are u using in WA. Mine going to BMW Seattle.
I am getting close to Panama Canal on Antares Leader.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 10:38 PM   #169
Type M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damion View Post
mine and FromCamryToG80 where built and delivered to "Port" on the same day.
That is so weird and doesn't make sense as both of you have M3s so they should have practically come down the same assembly line. How is one M3 already on a ship and not yours as well? Again, if BMW would just communicate better to their customers people wouldn't get so upset. I hope you get on the next round of ships which should be coming up in about 10 days.

Quote:
Type M
Which dealer are u using in WA. Mine going to BMW Seattle.
I am getting close to Panama Canal on Antares Leader.
Nice!! Getting close! I think July 19th was a date I saw on one of the schedules for Antares hitting Port Hueneme. Do you have any Port installed accessories? I am curious for the WA dealers what method of transport is used to get from CA to WA and if the cars go straight to the dealers from the VPC or if they first go to a holding lot in WA where then it is moved to the dealerships.

I have the front splitters that need to be installed at VPC so I'm guessing that'll delay delivery. I have a solid rep at BMW Northwest so I've been working with that dealership over the last several years.
Appreciate 2
      07-06-2023, 11:19 PM   #170
kyleyu059
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

Quote:
Nice!! Getting close! I think July 19th was a date I saw on one of the schedules for Antares hitting Port Hueneme. Do you have any Port installed accessories? I am curious for the WA dealers what method of transport is used to get from CA to WA and if the cars go straight to the dealers from the VPC or if they first go to a holding lot in WA where then it is moved to the dealerships.

I have the front splitters that need to be installed at VPC so I'm guessing that'll delay delivery. I have a solid rep at BMW Northwest so I've been working with that dealership over the last several years.
Once the car clears VPC and got onto a truck it should go directly to your dealer.

I’m in WA as well but my car is going to a SoCal dealer. Bc I was able to find one in production available there with the exact spec I wanted. Deciding if I should take a road trip back to Seattle or just ship it lol.
      07-06-2023, 11:27 PM   #171
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleyu059 View Post
Once the car clears VPC and got onto a truck it should go directly to your dealer.

I’m in WA as well but my car is going to a SoCal dealer. Bc I was able to find one in production available there with the exact spec I wanted. Deciding if I should take a road trip back to Seattle or just ship it lol.
I would just drive man. U can get ur break in miles done. Plus it’s summer easy drive.
Appreciate 1
Type M168.50
      07-06-2023, 11:30 PM   #172
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Nice. No add ons for me.
My guy at Seattle BMW told me. They get processed in CA then truck up to the dealer. He said up to 3 weeks….. hoping for less but he always kind of gives me like longest time frame for everything and then it’s usually faster then what he says. Lol.
Appreciate 1
Type M168.50
      07-07-2023, 12:09 AM   #173
hhkb
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3

Quote:

I’ve done the drive from SoCal to PNW multiple times. It’s definitely a long one but I stop at every Target which are conveniently placed every 2.5 hours. I’d do it if it’s not during the winter!
      07-07-2023, 01:57 AM   #174
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
At least the benefit for me here is I live in LA, so it doesn't have the be trucked far at all. Though I might be at VDC for a bit, as I got the M Performance Suspension and some of that extra carbon fiber, like the side skirts and rear winglets
Appreciate 3
      07-07-2023, 03:01 AM   #175
FromCamryToG80
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW g80

Yeah I have been told the Wild Rose will either be there August 1 or August 2. Hoping to see mine around the 16th or so? I’m in AZ
Appreciate 2
Type M168.50
kgelfen3602254.50
      07-07-2023, 09:34 AM   #176
Type M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Welcome to the Wild Rose Leader fam
Happy to be aboard! Did get confirmation from Genius this morning that my M4 is indeed on the Wild Rose Leader.
Appreciate 4