04-08-2022, 03:21 PM   #7855
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Absolutely! People drive around at night in darkness without headlights on and don't even realize it. It makes me feel even less guilty for citing them……and it's an expensive penalty. People are oblivious!
It is crazy how many people I see doing this. I guess because of automatic headlights, they turn the switch off of auto and have no clue that they are driving around at night with just daytime running lights on, if any at all.

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15762.50
TSII1978.50
      04-08-2022, 03:52 PM   #7856
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Sedan_Clan;28778027"
Absolutely! People drive around at night in darkness without headlights on and don't even realize it. It makes me feel even less guilty for citing them……and it's an expensive penalty. People are oblivious!
It is crazy how many people I see doing this. I guess because of automatic headlights, they turn the switch off of auto and have no clue that they are driving around at night with just daytime running lights on, if any at all.

Yeah, but don't they notice their dash isn't lit up?
      04-08-2022, 04:05 PM   #7857
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Yeah, but don't they notice their dash isn't lit up?

The trouble is that a lot of vehicles light up the dash with the DRLs but not the taillights. What idiot engineer thought that was a good idea?
vreihen1615336.00
      04-08-2022, 04:30 PM   #7858
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSII View Post
Could never understand this. Yeah, I get the fact the vehicle instrumentation gets lit because of the DRLs, but how the hell do they not notice their headlights not being turned on in the middle of the night?!? I see it everywhere, everyday and have evil thoughts about those drivers running into a wall or something equivalent.
Every time I get behind one of those ghost cars, especially if I'm in my truck, I turn my high beams on and leave them on until they get the message or we part ways. I'll even change lanes to stay behind them if I can.
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      04-14-2022, 08:40 AM   #7859
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
The trouble is that a lot of vehicles light up the dash with the DRLs but not the taillights. What idiot engineer thought that was a good idea?
My mom has a 2011 Honda Fit. She usually is good about turning the headlights on, but it has the perfect recipe for being a ghost car. The dash has bright LED backlighting that is constantly on, and the DRL utilize the high beams on low power, which are honestly just enough to see the road at night. Stupid, stupid design.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Buug95917436.50
      04-14-2022, 08:44 AM   #7860
BeFitty8_F32
Melbourne Red F32 B58
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440ixm

Im fragile. I workout and keep my physical side healthy. I educate myself somewhat to keep my mental side healthy. My emotional side is weak and I havent figured out how to handle some strong emotions as I grow and learn more.

I am not on any popular social media sites because I dont like how many sit behind a screen and bash others.

I was afraid of joining here for the same reasons. Because of that, I didnt have all the information I could have had before making a couple large purchases. I chose to close myself off and it hurt me, as it usually does.

Venting from here!
Purchased 2017 440i in early Feb from Vroom.
Arrives March
Call Fitment Industries to speak with someone who I thought could help me find wider wheels that will fit and not rub. Found out today by smart guys here, they will indeed rub once I mount them.
All warranty claims denied for leaky rear shocks and cracked front control arm bushings in April. Cancel Warranty to pay for bushings and purchase Bilsteins.
Bushings replaced by BMW with cash. Drive off the lot and the CEL turns on.
Cat died. Have to replace down pipe, but I know that this car came from Ohio and has some rust. Cant replace just the down pipe. I have to replace the whole exhaust and now the charge pipe to go with it to ensure it can handle the power.

Bad car purchase. Thinking I could hold off repairs on my timeline.
Bad wheel purchase. Thinking that talking to a sales rep would benefit me.

This is all coming from a crappy 2016 Subaru WRX I got rid of that had no performance mods and blew the clutch every year due to a bad throw out bearing. Never had problems with clutches in any of my previous cars (Hondas). But I got lucky and found one of many that had a TOB issue. On its 4th clutch when I sold it with 68k miles.

Maybe I should let my GF chauffer me around from now on.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25116.50
Shiza1194.50
      04-14-2022, 08:55 AM   #7861
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeFitty8_F32 View Post
Im fragile. I workout and keep my physical side healthy. I educate myself somewhat to keep my mental side healthy. My emotional side is weak and I havent figured out how to handle some strong emotions as I grow and learn more.

I am not on any popular social media sites because I dont like how many sit behind a screen and bash others.

I was afraid of joining here for the same reasons. Because of that, I didnt have all the information I could have had before making a couple large purchases. I chose to close myself off and it hurt me, as it usually does.

Venting from here!
Purchased 2017 440i in early Feb from Vroom.
Arrives March
Call Fitment Industries to speak with someone who I thought could help me find wider wheels that will fit and not rub. Found out today by smart guys here, they will indeed rub once I mount them.
All warranty claims denied for leaky rear shocks and cracked front control arm bushings in April. Cancel Warranty to pay for bushings and purchase Bilsteins.
Bushings replaced by BMW with cash. Drive off the lot and the CEL turns on.
Cat died. Have to replace down pipe, but I know that this car came from Ohio and has some rust. Cant replace just the down pipe. I have to replace the whole exhaust and now the charge pipe to go with it to ensure it can handle the power.

Bad car purchase. Thinking I could hold off repairs on my timeline.
Bad wheel purchase. Thinking that talking to a sales rep would benefit me.

This is all coming from a crappy 2016 Subaru WRX I got rid of that had no performance mods and blew the clutch every year due to a bad throw out bearing. Never had problems with clutches in any of my previous cars (Hondas). But I got lucky and found one of many that had a TOB issue. On its 4th clutch when I sold it with 68k miles.

Maybe I should let my GF chauffer me around from now on.
That's a string of pretty bad luck. As far as the downpipe/cat go I'd look into aftermarket replacements and diy it if you're capable. BMW will charge you an arm and a leg for a full exhaust. It's a 2017, I'm willing to bet the rust isn't bad enough to even warrant a whole new exhaust. Cant always trust these stealerships.
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2022, 08:59 AM   #7862
BeFitty8_F32
Melbourne Red F32 B58
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440ixm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
That's a string of pretty bad luck. As far as the downpipe/cat go I'd look into aftermarket replacements and diy it if you're capable. BMW will charge you an arm and a leg for a full exhaust. It's a 2017, I'm willing to bet the rust isn't bad enough to even warrant a whole new exhaust. Cant always trust these stealerships.
I bought the parts from ECS. I am having a local shop do the work. The rust isnt bad on the exhaust, but is really bad on the bolts and bits. I have walked under the car.

My thought process is, if I am replacing the DP, might as well finish the exhaust because something else will go wrong when I least expect it.
Appreciate 1
Shiza1194.50
      04-14-2022, 09:53 AM   #7863
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSII View Post
I confess it will be extremely difficult not to spend a large amount of money here in Japan on some cool portable audio gear. Shops here like none other anywhere else in the world. High end IEMs and headphones I could only read about online are literally lined up on multiple floors available to test using any source of music you have to drive them.

Some of this gear is insanely expensive but there are also great deals to be had. Feel like I'm in paradise.

This looks like something i would accidentally swallow
Appreciate 2
TSII1978.50
      04-14-2022, 10:01 AM   #7864
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
This looks like something i would accidentally swallow

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 6
TSII1978.50
Darth One6612.50
Esteban43811.00
Buug95917436.50
Tommy-G4490.50
      04-14-2022, 05:11 PM   #7865
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
I’m so excited! It’s the little things that make me happy. My car is so dirty it’s embarrassing. The hand car washes near home are a shitshow. Unless you are first in line when they open, you can’t even get in. Due to weekend obligations, I cant always be there when they open. And I’ve gone 1/2 hour before they open and there are already people ahead of me waiting. I’ve gone weeks without a car wash. I googled looking for hand washes near work, but everyone I found was a quasi hand. It had tracks which I can’t do because of my low profile tires and damage to wheels. I couldn’t even find a mobile service to come to my office.

My brother just gave me info on a place a few miles from my office! He said there are never lines. I can go anytime during the day. Yay! My dirty girl will be clean from now on.

I’m going to go post in the song thread. Ohhh I need a dirty woman. Ohh I need a dirty girl. They keep hanging up.
Esteban43811.00
Buug95917436.50
Dpc2u11503.00
TSII1978.50
Dang3r12512.00
M5Rick60143.50
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      04-15-2022, 02:35 AM   #7866
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I’m so excited! It’s the little things that make me happy. My car is so dirty it’s embarrassing. The hand car washes near home are a shitshow. Unless you are first in line when they open, you can’t even get in. Due to weekend obligations, I cant always be there when they open. And I’ve gone 1/2 hour before they open and there are already people ahead of me waiting. I’ve gone weeks without a car wash. I googled looking for hand washes near work, but everyone I found was a quasi hand. It had tracks which I can’t do because of my low profile tires and damage to wheels. I couldn’t even find a mobile service to come to my office.

My brother just gave me info on a place a few miles from my office! He said there are never lines. I can go anytime during the day. Yay! My dirty girl will be clean from now on.

I’m going to go post in the song thread. Ohhh I need a dirty woman. Ohh I need a dirty girl. They keep hanging up.
I only have my car washed before I do the seasonal wheels change: it never gets too dirty in recent years . And still that doesn't keep the "public" properly off it. I found a nail and a screw in my winter tires this time (I had two of my summer ones repaired a few years ago). No way I could have picked those on the road, someone must have just stuck them underneath when parked. No air leaks (but "slow" ones should develop in time: the pieces sit deep and firmly, I won't tear them out). Runflats are a must for me.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15762.50
      04-15-2022, 02:55 AM   #7867
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Thank you for getting me the "All I wanna do" song from Cheryl Crow back into my ears

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15762.50
      04-17-2022, 09:09 PM   #7868
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
drive fast and eat ass

Quote:
What’s up, Pickle? You ok?
I'm ok!!

Been a rough few weeks for me with work. My boss threw a brand new project at me and told me to figure it out, at a point I accepted defeat (after much stress and anxiety) and told them as much as I appreciate the confidence in me I need guidance.

So I'm not sure if I'm going to continue at work, a part of me hopes I get fired so I have no other choice but to leave my "comfort zone" and go back to school. A part of me is hopeful that the other company I'm interviewing in a week gives me a high enough starting offer that I can mentally afford the switch. The last part of me is still considering talking to my supervisors about switching teams. Instead of getting up and leaving.

I'm also running out of money fast and hate the line of work I'm in, but at least when I want to run away from my problems I can do that in a car I love

drive fast, eat ass
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25116.50
Buug95917436.50
cmyx6go15762.50
      04-17-2022, 09:27 PM   #7869
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Nothing wrong with asking for help. It shows maturity, and if they refuse, you know you’re in the wrong organization.

Nothing wrong with eating ass either. But don’t ask for help with that task
Appreciate 2
      04-17-2022, 09:30 PM   #7870
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

My confession - i get serious Sunday scaries. I’m fine as soon as Monday gets rolling and i start dealing with incoming, but the night before is a killer.

Some people I’ve talked to about this, they self-medicate. I refuse to do that stuff so i just grit my teeth through it
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2022, 12:46 PM   #7871
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
My confession - i get serious Sunday scaries. I'm fine as soon as Monday gets rolling and i start dealing with incoming, but the night before is a killer.

Some people I've talked to about this, they self-medicate. I refuse to do that stuff so i just grit my teeth through it
I get those too, only mine are the Tuesday scaries since my work week is Wednesday through Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 01:16 PM   #7872
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
My confession - i get serious Sunday scaries. I’m fine as soon as Monday gets rolling and i start dealing with incoming, but the night before is a killer.

Some people I’ve talked to about this, they self-medicate. I refuse to do that stuff so i just grit my teeth through it
For about a year I had what I called Sunday night syndrome. I always wake up between 1:50 and 2:00 am. Normally, I just change position and fall back to sleep. For some reason, on Sundays I would change position but not be able to go back to sleep. It drove me batshit crazy. I would toss and turn and ultimately wind up getting out of bed by 3:30 or 4:00 because I knew I wasn't going back to sleep. It made Mondays a bitch being awake from 2:00 am. And then I moved. Life and Sunday nights were good again. Until a few weeks ago, after I mentioned it to someone, it happened the following Sunday night.
Buug95917436.50
Dpc2u11503.00
TSII1978.50
M5Rick60143.50
      04-18-2022, 03:11 PM   #7873
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For about a year I had what I called Sunday night syndrome. I always wake up between 1:50 and 2:00 am.
That is uncanny. I have the exact same problem down to the time - I wake up with a start and a feeling of panic right before 2 am. 1:48, 1:53, whatever - it's always right before 2. I have to wait till the feeling of dread subsides, and then go back to sleep
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15762.50
      04-18-2022, 04:00 PM   #7874
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
That is uncanny. I have the exact same problem down to the time - I wake up with a start and a feeling of panic right before 2 am. 1:48, 1:53, whatever - it's always right before 2. I have to wait till the feeling of dread subsides, and then go back to sleep
It was brutal. It only happened on Sundays although my eyes open the same time every night of the week. I think the anxiety of looking at the clock knowing it was Sunday probably added to it. Self fulfilling kind if thing. And it is always between 1:50 and 2:00 am. Not a minute sooner or later. It’s bizarre you have the same thing going on. I almost didn’t post it. I didn’t think it was relative.
      04-18-2022, 04:42 PM   #7875
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I'm ok!!

Been a rough few weeks for me with work. My boss threw a brand new project at me and told me to figure it out, at a point I accepted defeat (after much stress and anxiety) and told them as much as I appreciate the confidence in me I need guidance.

So I'm not sure if I'm going to continue at work, a part of me hopes I get fired so I have no other choice but to leave my "comfort zone" and go back to school. A part of me is hopeful that the other company I'm interviewing in a week gives me a high enough starting offer that I can mentally afford the switch. The last part of me is still considering talking to my supervisors about switching teams. Instead of getting up and leaving.

I'm also running out of money fast and hate the line of work I'm in, but at least when I want to run away from my problems I can do that in a car I love

drive fast, eat ass
It sounds like your boss is a dick. I would never tell an employee to figure it out. I want them to succeed. I have no problem giving guidance. Did your boss tell you to figure it out after you asked for guidance? He sounds like he wants you to fail. What are the dynamics at your job meaning your boss vs the supervisors you are looking to go to?

You don’t want to get fired. Is there someone else you can go to for guidance to get the project done?
      04-18-2022, 05:28 PM   #7876
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
It sounds like your boss is a dick. I would never tell an employee to figure it out. I want them to succeed. I have no problem giving guidance. Did your boss tell you to figure it out after you asked for guidance? He sounds like he wants you to fail. What are the dynamics at your job meaning your boss vs the supervisors you are looking to go to?

You don’t want to get fired. Is there someone else you can go to for guidance to get the project done?
I think it's more incompetence than being a dick on purpose. After I told them I need help they were helpful and we got it all figured out

My supervisor helped me out a lot, shoutout to him. His supervisor is the problem, the guy above him (VP of our div) is also a sweetheart.

I obviously don't want to get fired
Appreciate 0