04-19-2024, 09:05 AM   #23
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Go Leafs Go!
I mean everyone will be laughing, until they actually go on a deep run or win it all. They are in it until they aren't.
      04-19-2024, 11:22 AM   #24
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
I mean everyone will be laughing, until they actually go on a deep run or win it all. They are in it until they aren't.
The way I see it, they have nothing to lose, everyone expects them to be booted out in Round 1.

They got a bad rap cuz most of those recent series they were supposed to lose anyway, esp the infamous 2013 one. Ppl are so easily fooled by nonsense, like those knuckleheads who only blame the goalie when goals are let in cuz they don't really think.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 11:35 AM   #25
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Big come from behind win for Carolina last night. I don't think many expected NYI to win the series, but you'd have to think Carolina has this one almost wrapped up already, even though it's only 2 games in.
      04-23-2024, 11:36 AM   #26
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Mark Stone scoring the first goal in the series for Vegas is objectively hilarious. With all of the questions/accusations of "cap circumvention," and then he comes in, gets a goal right away...
      04-23-2024, 11:39 AM   #27
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

The scoring definitely seems to be up as well.... 7-6, 7-4, 5-3, etc. Lots of scoring going on early in these playoffs!
      04-23-2024, 12:02 PM   #28
TREKER
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 X40i M Sport

Quote:
Big come from behind win for Carolina last night. I don't think many expected NYI to win the series, but you'd have to think Carolina has this one almost wrapped up already, even though it's only 2 games in.
Demoralizing loss for Isles. Cant say I am sad to see it. I hate the Isles and Patrick Roy so Im good with this.
Appreciate 1
cotmfk2053.50
      04-23-2024, 12:52 PM   #29
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

GLG! Big Game2 for the Leafs. Just need to stay out of the penalty box, that stupid rat team w only 2 players can't match 5-on-5
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 09:26 AM   #30
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

The Caps-Rags game was frustrating for me to watch last night. (Spoiler alert, I'm a Caps fan, because I grew up there.) I'm not complaining about the referees - they have been missing a ton of calls both ways, and calling phantom penalties at times - again both ways.

It was a frustrating watch because the Caps identity when they do well is to hit the other team hard early in a series, which should pay off later in the series. First two games, Caps aren't doing any hitting. Ovi not looking like himself. And nearly 3 minutes in the Rangers zone to end the game when they were down by one and they got one shot off. Hats off to the Rangers, I guess. But frustrating from my perspective.
      04-25-2024, 03:58 PM   #31
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

'king guys. Kopie pulls it off in OT.
      04-27-2024, 09:06 PM   #32
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

So disgusting, they need to blow up this @#$ Leafs organization. In a must-win game, playing like crap and so disinterested. PATHETIC.

Go Oilers / Canucks / Jets, Leafs are done barring a freaking miracle in the 3rd, or like somebody said, if the plane carrying the Bruins crashes.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
cotmfk2053.50
      Yesterday, 09:40 AM   #33
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

I can’t stand Tom Wilson, an unhinged goon that happens to be a good hockey player. I hope Rempe knocks his ass down next year. For this year just hoping for the Rangers.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #34
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
I can’t stand Tom Wilson, an unhinged goon that happens to be a good hockey player. I hope Rempe knocks his ass down next year. For this year just hoping for the Rangers.
Hard disagree, but we all have our own opinions. His suspension in 2024 was pure idiocy. I agree with that. Like, wtf was he thinking (spoiler alert - he wasn't).
      Yesterday, 12:31 PM   #35
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
So disgusting, they need to blow up this @#$ Leafs organization. In a must-win game, playing like crap and so disinterested. PATHETIC.

Go Oilers / Canucks / Jets, Leafs are done barring a freaking miracle in the 3rd, or like somebody said, if the plane carrying the Bruins crashes.
I thought they were going to blow it up two seasons ago, they didn't. They fired the GM after making the 2R last year, but not the coach... odd take, IMO. Worst thing is that coach is about to start on his 2 year extension this summer. I would bet he doesn't coach a game of that extension for the Leafs.

They've tried all sorts of tweaks with that roster. Nothing has seemingly helped. I do think they have some really good talent on the roster, and it's sad, in a way, that it's all wasted and they don't advance. So, in the end, I do think it's time to blow it up. Move one, try again, and see what happens.

My respect for Nylander did go up a bit while also lowering for Marner because of this clip:

https://x.com/PuckReportNHL/status/1784403929029132376

Maybe Marner is "the" problem? Sometimes getting rid of a player that's a locker room drain is all that is needed.
      Yesterday, 02:05 PM   #36
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I thought they were going to blow it up two seasons ago, they didn't. They fired the GM after making the 2R last year, but not the coach... odd take, IMO. Worst thing is that coach is about to start on his 2 year extension this summer. I would bet he doesn't coach a game of that extension for the Leafs.

They've tried all sorts of tweaks with that roster. Nothing has seemingly helped. I do think they have some really good talent on the roster, and it's sad, in a way, that it's all wasted and they don't advance. So, in the end, I do think it's time to blow it up. Move one, try again, and see what happens.

My respect for Nylander did go up a bit while also lowering for Marner because of this clip:

https://x.com/PuckReportNHL/status/1784403929029132376

Maybe Marner is "the" problem? Sometimes getting rid of a player that's a locker room drain is all that is needed.
Ya, it's pretty awful in Leafyland. Agreed on why they didn't also get rid of the coach since it was Dubas' choice. They should've made major changes earlier but hopefully they will finally do so unless the Leafs pull off a miracle and win 3 straight lmao.

I saw that clip, wish we could lip-read Marner and Matthews too. Glad they are at least getting pissed. Win G5 and start putting doubts in the Bruins' minds. Go down swinging, cmon.

Ppl can say what they want about the Leafs being soft and they are mostly right but at least they have been trying to change it this time playing tougher w those new additions, but obviously not enough. Matthews is trying but can't do it all himself. Nylander is still soft but he at least has the most post-season pts or is up there of the active players. I dunno about Marner, guy still seems like a kid and that crazy thing w Babcock turning him into a little B didn't help matters. One wonders if he would be the kind of person to finger ppl during the Nazi reign just cuz authority told him to do so. Not good w that glove tantrum...how old he that guy? LOL.

I regret but ideally the minimum Shanahan/Keefe gotta go. Maybe the captaincy needs to be stripped from Tavares too, guy is too robotic and doesn't have much intensity. Ofc Bert should stay and Matthews, McCabe, Knies, McMann, Robertson...; Domi if he can try not being Kadri 2.0 (though part of the fault is the stupidly inconsistent penalty calling by the refs), the rest depends if they could be trained to buy into a real playoffs system mentality, they obviously have the skills and were mostly better than the Bs 5 on 5 but they play like 'meh' and not as if their lives depended on it and it's infuriating.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:48 PM   #37
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

Quote:
Hard disagree, but we all have our own opinions. His suspension in 2024 was pure idiocy. I agree with that. Like, wtf was he thinking (spoiler alert - he wasn't).
What he did to panarin at the garden 2 years ago was an absolute disgrace they should have suspended him for a year.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:42 AM   #38
cotmfk
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
What he did to panarin at the garden 2 years ago was an absolute disgrace they should have suspended him for a year.
Again, disagree. But it is what it is.