01-29-2022, 03:16 AM   #265
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Thanks for the videos. It's best to capture sound from the back when doing a cold start or any revving. Have someone hold your phone or use a tripod to mount it or rest it against something.

Definitely doesn't sound anything like Shmee's video. Not sure whats up. I'm guessing you need to go through a breakin period.

Were all videos recorded in sports mode?

Any drone with the valves closed?
All videos were recorded in sport. Drone in both comfort and sport.

Stupid question but how do I ensure my valves open via oem method? My vsc controller, when connected, repeatedly open and close the valves. So I have it disconnected now. Valves are not doing that anymore. But I am not sure if they are working at all

There is no difference when starting between sport and comfort.

Confusing times. Surely somethings a miss?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 04:03 AM   #266
ZeroFx
Major
Rep
Drives: M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post

Stupid question but how do I ensure my valves open via oem method? My vsc controller, when connected, repeatedly open and close the valves. So I have it disconnected now. Valves are not doing that anymore. But I am not sure if they are working at all

So are all your OPF and secondary cats gone with the mid pipe you installed?

My M4x is due soon and i wanted the Remus but possibly keep all the OPF just remove the Resonator. I dont want droning on cruising.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 05:06 AM   #267
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFx View Post
So are all your OPF and secondary cats gone with the mid pipe you installed?

My M4x is due soon and i wanted the Remus but possibly keep all the OPF just remove the Resonator. I dont want droning on cruising.
Yes, except primary cats, everything else is gone.

I suggest get in touch with Motech if you are in uk. Mike’s car has the race opf back and the video is on their channel. They said they had 5 systems land and not sure if all have spoken for. You need to get axle back and resonator delete pipes, effectively making it opf back exhaust. I would imagine that race will be the way to go as sport will be too quiet.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 06:42 AM   #268
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:
Yes, except primary cats, everything else is gone.

I suggest get in touch with Motech if you are in uk. Mike’s car has the race opf back and the video is on their channel. They said they had 5 systems land and not sure if all have spoken for. You need to get axle back and resonator delete pipes, effectively making it opf back exhaust. I would imagine that race will be the way to go as sport will be too quiet.
Im in No rush, Its possible a PCW mod could give me 80% of that for 15% of the cost.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 07:19 AM   #269
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:

You have to be in sports mode and make sure the exhaust button in the center console is lit green. Comfort will not work, despite pressing the exhaust button.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 08:30 AM   #270
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Im in No rush, Its possible a PCW mod could give me 80% of that for 15% of the cost.
PCW is a reasonable mod and very cheap provided you have no unreal expectations unlike me With oem flap control, since all the restrictions will be in place, the sound volume would be 10% more (IMO). But if you also wire the flaps open (or via controller), you will get 30-50% more sound. Unfortunately in order to improve the tone, at least a midpipe would be needed. But then that's my opinion and its a bottomless pit, trying to improve this car's soundtrack.

Quote:
You have to be in sports mode and make sure the exhaust button in the center console is lit green. Comfort will not work, despite pressing the exhaust button.
Thanks. But the only change I notice is it starts burbling but no change in volume. I always drive with the exhaust button and sport mode. Don't like the throttle latency in the comfort mode. I disconnected and reconnected the vsc controller a few times and for some reason its started working again. So now I can confirm that the valve is fully open. However, no change in volume or tone. Its a bit strange.

On the plus side, the exhaust is getting louder and I am certain this is no placebo. The burbles are more refined whereas before they were buried in the overall bass. I will give it another few weeks and see how it goes. Hopefully someone from across your side of the pond will try it as well so there is a better sample size to arrive at conclusions
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 09:35 AM   #271
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:
PCW is a reasonable mod and very cheap provided you have no unreal expectations unlike me With oem flap control, since all the restrictions will be in place, the sound volume would be 10% more (IMO). But if you also wire the flaps open (or via controller), you will get 30-50% more sound. Unfortunately in order to improve the tone, at least a midpipe would be needed. But then that's my opinion and its a bottomless pit, trying to improve this car's soundtrack.

Thanks. But the only change I notice is it starts burbling but no change in volume. I always drive with the exhaust button and sport mode. Don't like the throttle latency in the comfort mode. I disconnected and reconnected the vsc controller a few times and for some reason its started working again. So now I can confirm that the valve is fully open. However, no change in volume or tone. Its a bit strange.

On the plus side, the exhaust is getting louder and I am certain this is no placebo. The burbles are more refined whereas before they were buried in the overall bass. I will give it another few weeks and see how it goes. Hopefully someone from across your side of the pond will try it as well so there is a better sample size to arrive at conclusions
PCW is alot louder if he welds up the res too. its almost straight through system once hes done. I think i was the quality also though this time as the engine doesnt have the issue with out of sync gases i was told
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 11:19 AM   #272
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

One thing you can do is peek inside the exhaust and see if your valves are open or not once you go in and out of comfort mode.

I've been waiting very patiently for my exhaust for 5 months now. Now the new date is 2/28. If it gets pushed one more time, I may go with another vendor.
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      01-29-2022, 12:58 PM   #273
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
PCW is alot louder if he welds up the res too. its almost straight through system once hes done. I think i was the quality also though this time as the engine doesnt have the issue with out of sync gases i was told
That’s good to hear that. It’s probably that he had work done on my exhaust in June last year, the car was still very new. But then I had my opfs gutted out, resonator and backbox modified. It was louder but by very little. The tone was also improved.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 01:09 PM   #274
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
One thing you can do is peek inside the exhaust and see if your valves are open or not once you go in and out of comfort mode.

I've been waiting very patiently for my exhaust for 5 months now. Now the new date is 2/28. If it gets pushed one more time, I may go with another vendor.
My vsc controller has started working again so I can confirm that valves remain fully open all the time. The difference between valves open and closed is not much but noticeable. The startup sound with valves forced open will shake the ground and raise alarms in the car next to you. But valves closed is neighbour friendly. But after the rather loud startup, things are back to business as usual. No screaming sound when you rev high as you can hear in the valvetronic videos. I am very confused why the midpipe+oem muffler+vsc sounds miles better (and louder) than midpipe+Remus race+vsc controller. I can’t understand the science behind this.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 01:54 PM   #275
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
My vsc controller has started working again so I can confirm that valves remain fully open all the time. The difference between valves open and closed is not much but noticeable. The startup sound with valves forced open will shake the ground and raise alarms in the car next to you. But valves closed is neighbour friendly. But after the rather loud startup, things are back to business as usual. No screaming sound when you rev high as you can hear in the valvetronic videos. I am very confused why the midpipe+oem muffler+vsc sounds miles better (and louder) than midpipe+Remus race+vsc controller. I can’t understand the science behind this.
That is bizzare. Maybe talk to Motech and see what's the deal. Something doesn't seem right. I was expecting your car to sound similar to Shmee's but for whatever reason it seems way off.
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      01-29-2022, 05:11 PM   #276
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:
That’s good to hear that. It’s probably that he had work done on my exhaust in June last year, the car was still very new. But then I had my opfs gutted out, resonator and backbox modified. It was louder but by very little. The tone was also improved.
You had PCW on your G8x ?

Ive seen the videos and they didnt seem as good as my M2c

Maybe Remus is the way
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 06:27 PM   #277
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You had PCW on your G8x ?

Ive seen the videos and they didnt seem as good as my M2c

Maybe Remus is the way
I had his whole mod and opf deletion done. While the difference was pleasant, it was not substantial, maybe 10% louder. But I have heard that his mod works really well with the S55 cars. My car was one of the first he did so maybe he is more experienced now with the G8x.

Quote:
That is bizzare. Maybe talk to Motech and see what's the deal. Something doesn't seem right. I was expecting your car to sound similar to Shmee's but for whatever reason it seems way off.
I guess i will contact them but I dont have much to go by. Since the huge muffler is gone now, I can now easily check underneath the car and the Remus has been solid and installed perfectly. No areas of any leakage whatsoever.

I have been driving the car all day, trying to figure out whats happening and trying my best to like the sound. Listening back to remus's video with the forzen PB car, my car sounds exactly the same. Even in that video, there is some excitement missing as its pushed further. When I rev my car, until 2-3k, the deep rumble is great and very loud, you can feel the tremors and you put your foot down. But push harder and it becomes bland and quite, much like a TV show that starts so well but then slows/dies down from the next episode. I am still really, really hoping that i would start liking it.

Last edited by madmedman; 01-29-2022 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 08:31 AM   #278
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi again guys/gals,

Just started noticing that my car's throttle response is not as sharp as it used to be. Can't notice much difference between comfort and sport modes. Even with Sport plus, there is a delay for fraction of a second. Could it be the exhaust fitment. I remember when i brought the exhaust home and attempted to check it would fit, i couldn't get the connecting pipes to "plug" into the connections on the backbox. So i just held them together and clamped them, thinking that was the way. i am guessing i need to have it looked at. Can I sit on it for a week as I have work all week as well as weekend
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 08:57 AM   #279
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Hi again guys/gals,

Just started noticing that my car's throttle response is not as sharp as it used to be. Can't notice much difference between comfort and sport modes. Even with Sport plus, there is a delay for fraction of a second. Could it be the exhaust fitment. I remember when i brought the exhaust home and attempted to check it would fit, i couldn't get the connecting pipes to "plug" into the connections on the backbox. So i just held them together and clamped them, thinking that was the way. i am guessing i need to have it looked at. Can I sit on it for a week as I have work all week as well as weekend
Highly doubt that's the problem

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      02-01-2022, 01:30 PM   #280
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Highly doubt that's the problem
I guess it’s psychological then.

Just took a video of my exhausts connections. Some of the clamps look unaligned. I guess I need to fix them up. The end to end connections were a pain to fit. But unlikely they are going to make a dramatic improvement.

https://youtube.com/shorts/P0Tu_Afr9is?feature=share

Last edited by madmedman; 02-01-2022 at 01:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 03:32 PM   #281
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I guess it’s psychological then.

Just took a video of my exhausts connections. Some of the clamps look unaligned. I guess I need to fix them up. The end to end connections were a pain to fit. But unlikely they are going to make a dramatic improvement.

https://youtube.com/shorts/P0Tu_Afr9is?feature=share
Must be or a coincidence with something else happening at the same time.

For an exhaust leak to be noticeable it must be significant

Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      02-02-2022, 07:12 AM   #282
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Mike.

I checked the exhaust installation and apart from one of the clamps, everything else is fit perfectly. Honestly, many people will be happy with this setup. The sound is quiet loud and low pitched at startup and idle. At higher revs, its lacking a bit of drama but thats just me.

My next project is to install the factory midpipe to it. The opfs have been "deleted" already and I have the resonator delete pipes, which effectively makes it a secondary catback. Will see if that sounds different/better. If not, I would get all the remaining pipes and go full shmee on the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 08:43 AM   #283
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Mike.

I checked the exhaust installation and apart from one of the clamps, everything else is fit perfectly. Honestly, many people will be happy with this setup. The sound is quiet loud and low pitched at startup and idle. At higher revs, its lacking a bit of drama but thats just me.

My next project is to install the factory midpipe to it. The opfs have been "deleted" already and I have the resonator delete pipes, which effectively makes it a secondary catback. Will see if that sounds different/better. If not, I would get all the remaining pipes and go full shmee on the exhaust.

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 01:12 AM   #284
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Must be or a coincidence with something else happening at the same time.

For an exhaust leak to be noticeable it must be significant
Mike, on your website it says the Remus exhaust will be available on Feb 7th. Is that accurate? I heard shipment was delayed till 2/28.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 08:43 AM   #285
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mike, on your website it says the Remus exhaust will be available on Feb 7th. Is that accurate? I heard shipment was delayed till 2/28.
My shipment still shows it will be available this week, fingers crossed

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 09:52 AM   #286
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
My shipment still shows it will be available this week, fingers crossed