Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
I had two 992 911 S in chalk. Wonderful color and easy to maintain. But then Porsche started putting it on every Macan on the road. Bastards!

It looks good on the M4 though!
Hey Grande W0rmy, have you ever noticed that Chalk looks a little different on the Macans and Cayennes than it does on the 992?!……or is it just my eyes?!?
Yes! Yes I did! My 911's chalk was in fact much lighter than macan chalk! I thought the same thing as you. Hahaha. Guess we're not crazy.
We're not crazy! Every time I see one I think to myself, "Thats definitely Chalk, but it doesn't look like the Chalk on my 992." I wonder if there are different Chalk paint codes like there are for colors like Alpine White. I remember my paint guy telling me they had at least three different colors of BMW's Alpine White in their color matching system.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 12:21 AM   #68
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I had two 992 911 S in chalk. Wonderful color and easy to maintain. But then Porsche started putting it on every Macan on the road. Bastards!

Hey Grande W0rmy, have you ever noticed that Chalk looks a little different on the Macans and Cayennes than it does on the 992?!……or is it just my eyes?!?
Yes! Yes I did! My 911's chalk was in fact much lighter than macan chalk! I thought the same thing as you. Hahaha. Guess we're not crazy.
We're not crazy! Every time I see one I think to myself, "Thats definitely Chalk, but it doesn't look like the Chalk on my 992."
Too funny! I'm glad you asked. I've never had the opportunity to discuss this with anyone.
      07-22-2022, 12:23 AM   #69
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We're not crazy! Every time I see one I think to myself, "Thats definitely Chalk, but it doesn't look like the Chalk on my 992."
Too funny! I'm glad you asked. I've never had the opportunity to discuss this with anyone.
I'm going to research this because it truly is a thing.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 12:31 AM   #70
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Wow! Talk about no return on investment. That is crazy!
The return on investment comes in the way of no brake dust, and when the compound brake guys, are changing their pads, and rotors every 15k miles, at $2k a pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
He at least saves 40 minutes every time he washes his car because he doesn't have to deal with all the brake dust from the standard ones.

If he washes the car a fair amount, that's a lot of time saved!
It really does save alot of time.

Quote:
Or use Iron-Off (…..or the equivalent product). Problem solved!
+1 for an iron remover. I dont like to let things dwell on my rotors, I dont want them delaminating.

Quote:
I've tried a few things and it seems like no matter what, the only thing that truly gets the wheels clean is to get in there and scrub every nook and cranny of these 826Ms.
Pressure washer pressure doesn't matter as much as water flow. 1,000psi is plenty of pressure, you want 2gpm or better. 2gpm yields way more cleaning units. The only electric pressure washers on the market that are even up to this task, are the Krānzle, Active VE52 and Active 2.0. Waiting on the 2.0 to get be released, and I'll get one. The most amazing pressure washer for cars, there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejones4541 View Post
Well done.

I'll throw $50 towards removing the canards and sacrificially setting them on fire.
If they were ordered with the car, Im sure they were installed, correctly. Which means the bumper was drilled.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25055.00
      07-22-2022, 03:22 PM   #71
nightwolf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
Nice Porsche spec.
or audi's nardo grey. pretty sure they were slamming that color option well before P-Chalk
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 06:15 AM   #72
Niko ZV
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 Bmw M3  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
She's cute
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 07:10 PM   #73
MCM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 GMC AT4

Hey Barber... looks like you are famous now!!

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...c-194295.html#
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3630.00
      07-23-2022, 11:05 PM   #74
discountbarber
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition xDrive

One of my colleagues just texted me that link. Truly hilarious.
Appreciate 2
T0RM3NT3630.00
Limegrntaln13435.00
      07-24-2022, 12:36 PM   #75
discountbarber
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Yes, absolutely an amazing spec. Nothing tops the OEM carbon. I need the side skirts and the front splitter to complete my look. I have the rear oem winglets waiting to go on.

Also, if you plan on lowering it, The M Performance HAS kit is floating around. It's not easy to get, right now. I ordered my kit from Germany, but they do exist. It only seems obvious to get the true BMW suspension for the car, since everything else is OEM, and the springs just match the interior, not that you can see them, installed, while they're on the car, but you know they're there.
You've got me pegged. OEM and red and black? How could I possibly say no to this?

Do you or anyone else have more information about this kit? I can't even find a product number.

How many mm lowered in the front and back with this kit?

And where'd you purchase your set Limegrntaln?
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13435.00
      07-24-2022, 12:54 PM   #76
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by discountbarber View Post
You've got me pegged. OEM and red and black? How could I possibly say no to this?

Do you or anyone else have more information about this kit? I can't even find a product number.

How many mm lowered in the front and back with this kit?

And where'd you purchase your set Limegrntaln?
Check my thread. I ordered my kit from Baum BMW in germany, The site is in German, so you have to fumble with it a little to get it converted to english, the translation tabs are on the site, but the kit is available. Read through my thread. Part number is in the diagrams that I posted, last night, in that thread.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1939625

Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3630.00
      07-25-2022, 11:40 AM   #77
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Quote:
Wow! Talk about no return on investment. That is crazy!
The return on investment comes in the way of no brake dust, and when the compound brake guys, are changing their pads, and rotors every 15k miles, at $2k a pop.

Quote:
He at least saves 40 minutes every time he washes his car because he doesn't have to deal with all the brake dust from the standard ones.

If he washes the car a fair amount, that's a lot of time saved!
It really does save alot of time.

Quote:
Or use Iron-Off (…..or the equivalent product). Problem solved!
+1 for an iron remover. I dont like to let things dwell on my rotors, I dont want them delaminating.

Quote:
I've tried a few things and it seems like no matter what, the only thing that truly gets the wheels clean is to get in there and scrub every nook and cranny of these 826Ms.
Pressure washer pressure doesn't matter as much as water flow. 1,000psi is plenty of pressure, you want 2gpm or better. 2gpm yields way more cleaning units. The only electric pressure washers on the market that are even up to this task, are the Krānzle, Active VE52 and Active 2.0. Waiting on the 2.0 to get be released, and I'll get one. The most amazing pressure washer for cars, there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejones4541 View Post
Well done.

I'll throw $50 towards removing the canards and sacrificially setting them on fire.
If they were ordered with the car, Im sure they were installed, correctly. Which means the bumper was drilled.
oh that's not good

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 04:22 PM   #78
Sean@PSI
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Congrats man. Beautiful spec, I love the Fiona Red interior!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 08:25 PM   #79
fashion.g80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3

Garage List
2022 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
It's actually a Porsche Color. The Color is "Chalk" M9A is Porsches paint code, for it.

Its a lighter version of Fashion Gray.
Then and now
Attached Images

Game7401.00
      08-10-2022, 08:27 PM   #80
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion.g80 View Post
Quote:
It's actually a Porsche Color. The Color is "Chalk" M9A is Porsches paint code, for it.

Then and now
The sexiness. I want painted lowers, but I needs up ordering m perf side skirts. They look so good. Car is

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 07:53 PM   #81
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashion.g80 View Post
Quote:

Then and now
Where can we find more pics of this beauty?
      08-12-2022, 08:14 PM   #82
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Where can we find more pics of this beauty?
Middle of the page.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/95231808@N02/page3

Appreciate 1
Game7401.00
      08-20-2022, 10:37 PM   #83
discountbarber
Private First Class
Rep

We won some hardware today boys. Best of M Class and Best of Show at 2022 Bimmerfest in Loveland, CO. Thanks to BMW of Loveland for putting on a great event.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
T0RM3NT3630.00
'Cane8499.50
chicagofan0019140.00
Sedan_Clan25055.00
Limegrntaln13435.00
      08-20-2022, 10:42 PM   #84
masd79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif96 View Post
Is this different than Brooklyn Grey? Looks identical to my BG
World of a diff, bg has a blue hue to it, chalk is like a ghost white
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13435.00
      08-21-2022, 01:16 AM   #85
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've noticed it too. Been eyeing chalk for a possible individual color and have been noticing discrepancies between different cars, but I chalked (ha) it up to different cameras and lighting. Glad I found this conversation.

The OP's looks a lot lighter than a Macan chalk…almost a little more fashion gray to it.
      08-24-2022, 02:54 PM   #86
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've noticed it too. Been eyeing chalk for a possible individual color and have been noticing discrepancies between different cars, but I chalked (ha) it up to different cameras and lighting. Glad I found this conversation.

The OP's looks a lot lighter than a Macan chalk…almost a little more fashion gray to it.

Just for fun I parked my '22 Chalk Gray 992 next to a Chalk Gray Macan today. The easiest way to sum up the difference(s) is…..

….the Chalk on the Macan reminds me of a washed out, lighter Nardo Gray whereas the Chalk on my '22 992 seems to have more white in it. From a distance they look pretty much the same, but next to each other in the exact same lighting there is a subtle, yet noticeable difference.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 03:18 PM   #87
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Just for fun I parked my '22 Chalk Gray 992 next to a Chalk Gray Macan today. The easiest way to sum up the difference(s) is…..

….the Chalk on the Macan reminds me of a washed out, lighter Nardo Gray whereas the Chalk on my '22 992 seems to have more white in it. From a distance they look pretty much the same, but next to each other in the exact same lighting there is a subtle, yet noticeable difference.
YES. When I see Macans I think Nardo and not Chalk.

Now the real test would be to find an Individual Chalk BMW and park your 992 next to it to see which Chalk BMW is using. Odds of that though have to be astronomical.
      08-24-2022, 03:21 PM   #88
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

YES. When I see Macans I think Nardo and not Chalk.

Now the real test would be to find an Individual Chalk BMW and park your 992 next to it to see which Chalk BMW is using. Odds of that though have to be astronomical.
Based on his photos I would presume the Chalk from the 992.
Appreciate 1
Game7401.00