BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-20-2021, 10:47 PM   #309
MavRick
Captain
Rep
Drives: My Wife's M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post

Damn really? I mean i would've waited for that too. I'm a V8 nut. I love V8's. Love the sound, love the torque. It'll be greatly missed a couple of decades from now. I'll enjoy them while we still have them.

I had an IS250. It was a fun, reliable car back then. But man it was slow. Couldn't believe toyota would make a 6cyl and it was that slow lol. But for it's time (2007), it was a great affordable "luxury" car.

I'm not too fond of the IS500 styling. I actually like the M3 styling A LOT more.

But man that V8..........
its not the torquiest engine ever....but it really loves to rev. i had a true dual exhaust with no resonators and it screamed like a banshee. a MUCH different sound than i have on my 5.5L TT AMG. wish i'd kept it.

but its pretty underpowered in today's market. Lexus was smart to take it out of its "F" lineup because its just cant compete. which is why i was/am disappointed. the OG GS400 (i had 2 of em) was Lexus proving they can do performance. the ISF was a nice rival to the E90. the RCF? the F82 wiped its ass with that fat Frankenstein.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 11:02 PM   #310
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndi335I View Post
Yep, genius told me today my car will be completed on the 28th of this month . I received my allocation on 09/03 and minimum options. Dravit with laser lights carbon interior and executive package. Also I have shadow line trim with 826m wheels.
Hmmm, so maybe you can answer this since no one else did.

Does your status on the site update only once every friday? I know there's a couple of steps before assembly or QC so idk if i will see those updates on the site, or will i check this friday and it'll skip all those steps? Either or do you think my car would be completed around the same time as yours? I guess we're both in the same build week now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
i dont think the IS500 is gonna be here anytime soon. theyre having the same parts issues that BMW is.

btw...i had an ISF. great car. LOVED the engine. but its almost 15 yrs old, now. shame on Lexus/Toyota for just shuffling that same V8 from car to car...
Damn really? I mean i would've waited for that too. I'm a V8 nut. I love V8's. Love the sound, love the torque. It'll be greatly missed a couple of decades from now. I'll enjoy them while we still have them.

I had an IS250. It was a fun, reliable car back then. But man it was slow. Couldn't believe toyota would make a 6cyl and it was that slow lol. But for it's time (2007), it was a great affordable "luxury" car.

I'm not too fond of the IS500 styling. I actually like the M3 styling A LOT more.

But man that V8..........
I am still at production begins on website so I am going by genius info. My CA said I am at 151 status.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 07:24 AM   #311
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

still status 112 for me......

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 08:07 AM   #312
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
Same here... the wait is killing me. Genius is saying car should be going into production approximately on 4th October.

So just need to survive 13 more days and remain patient

Hopefully this gives BMW enough time to sort out the missing audio module and camera parts at the factory so there is no stop-sale
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 1
V-Eight791.50
      09-21-2021, 08:17 AM   #313
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Still showing 112 in my garage as well. I'll call the genius in a few.

Edit: still holding at week 40
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 10:16 AM   #314
RckyMtnBMW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G80CX , 17 VW Golf R (sold)

Lurker on the forum for a long time but believe this is my tribe for now. Based in Colorado- looked for a local M3 xDrive allocation from 8/15 - 9/5 to no avail and then expanded search to locations with friends and family (didn't want to do PCD).

Secured allocation with a dealership in Baltimore (closest dealership to my father in law) on 9/13 at MSRP and it went from 111 to 112 that day (with a supposed Wk 40 build) and has stayed there since.

My spec is the Accountant's Launch Edition:
Boring (Skyscraper) Grey
Non-descript trim (Extended Shadowline Trim Deletion)
Tartufo Extended Merino Leather
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Executive Package
Tax Accountant Upgrade (M Compound Brakes with Red Calipers)
Front ventilated seats

Looking forward to hopefully getting it in December and an immediate road trip back to CO to break it in.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #315
NKGK20
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M , G80 on

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3008 View Post
Quote:
Still showing 112 in my garage as well. I'll call the genius in a few.

Edit: still holding at week 40
I was told my car won't start til next Friday the 1st.
I'm also week 40. Is that accurate ?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 01:02 PM   #316
dwlc83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Week 40

Confirmed that still at 112 as of today. Guess it's still a "win" that it hasn't been delayed…yet. Feel bad for all those who (some repeatedly) get pushed back.

Hopeful to receive a VIN and status 150 soon. GM at dealership said that being this close, he highly doubts it would be delayed. Reading these forums, I'm not so sure I feel as certain.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #317
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwlc83 View Post
Week 40

Confirmed that still at 112 as of today. Guess it's still a "win" that it hasn't been delayed…yet. Feel bad for all those who (some repeatedly) get pushed back.

Hopeful to receive a VIN and status 150 soon. GM at dealership said that being this close, he highly doubts it would be delayed. Reading these forums, I'm not so sure I feel as certain.
I’d like to know what he bases that on. Not sure what he means by saying “this close”. I have been within a week or two of the build week of my car five times now and then moved back five times. My original build week was 35.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 01:46 PM   #318
dwlc83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
Quote:
Week 40

I'd like to know what he bases that on. Not sure what he means by saying "this close". I have been within a week or two of the build week of my car five times now and then moved back five times. My original build week was 35.

I think it's all anectodal based on his experience, but of course these are unprecedented times. So sorry to hear about your build. I'm fully expecting delays until I get a VIN. I was supposed to be 37 but now 40. Five times is outrageous.

I am located in Germany but getting a US spec car. He said so far the only cars from his dealership that have been delayed are individual colors and recent changes (of any kind).
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 03:24 PM   #319
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
I think it's all anectodal based on his experience, but of course these are unprecedented times. So sorry to hear about your build. I'm fully expecting delays until I get a VIN. I was supposed to be 37 but now 40. Five times is outrageous.

I am located in Germany but getting a US spec car. He said so far the only cars from his dealership that have been delayed are individual colors and recent changes (of any kind).
I hope what he says is true . I’ve become very skeptical at this point and am actually expecting further build week push backs. At this point I’m thinking I’ll be lucky to get my car before December. I’ve been preparing for it to be into next year. Hoping for the best prepared for the worst
Appreciate 1
dwlc8374.50
      09-21-2021, 03:37 PM   #320
NKGK20
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Week 40

I just talked to genius again… guys like the reason for the movements from one week to another is because we don't want cars to be ready and stay at the port for a long period of time .. which he says has happened to the previous builds of the G80.
Anyway once it's set to begin he said there will be no delays. He mentioned this because of the "chip shortages". But they are allocating the chips to builds so they don't just hang out in the ship without movement… hope this helps y'all…
Appreciate 1
JMU_BMW152.50
      09-21-2021, 03:44 PM   #321
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKGK20 View Post
I just talked to genius again… guys like the reason for the movements from one week to another is because we don't want cars to be ready and stay at the port for a long period of time .. which he says has happened to the previous builds of the G80.
Anyway once it's set to begin he said there will be no delays. He mentioned this because of the "chip shortages". But they are allocating the chips to builds so they don't just hang out in the ship without movement… hope this helps y'all…
I would be willing to bet half my 401(k) that all the geniuses for BMW combined in the world don’t know half of what’s really happening. Probably less than 10% of what’s really happening. They are just telling us stuff to postpone us until the next call. However the guy who works in the Munich plant probably knows 15% of what’s going on and that’s a lot. It’s probably best if we just keep reporting our status rather than speculate. There’s no doubt they are having a parts problem because the whole world is. We just don’t know how serious it is for our cars and what kind of delay we are actually going to have. I wish we did. It is interesting hearing the different opinions coming from these geniuses. I’m ready for the first one to admit they have absolutely no clue of what the truth is. I love honesty. Lol
Appreciate 1
DonJuan537.50
      09-21-2021, 03:54 PM   #322
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:
I would be willing to bet half my 401(k) that all the geniuses for BMW combined in the world don’t know half of what’s really happening. Probably less than 10% of what’s really happening. They are just telling us stuff to postpone us until the next call. However the guy who works in the Munich plant probably knows 15% of what’s going on and that’s a lot. It’s probably best if we just keep reporting our status rather than speculate. There’s no doubt they are having a parts problem because the whole world is. We just don’t know how serious it is for our cars and what kind of delay we are actually going to have. I wish we did. It is interesting hearing the different opinions coming from these geniuses. I’m ready for the first one to admit they have absolutely no clue of what the truth is. I love honesty. Lol
Yup. The week 35 peeps that got delayed were speculating the same thing, then stop sales!
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #323
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Lol!
You'll love the BMW brand. Much better than Lexus!
Ha, check that quack out when you can. The car looks like crap aside from that motor! Haha
Yeah i'm sure i'll have a blast in the next 3 years with this M3. Although i won't fall into the stereotype when i get this car. I will use my blinkers!!! LOL

Quote:
its not the torquiest engine ever....but it really loves to rev. i had a true dual exhaust with no resonators and it screamed like a banshee. a MUCH different sound than i have on my 5.5L TT AMG. wish i'd kept it.

but its pretty underpowered in today's market. Lexus was smart to take it out of its "F" lineup because its just cant compete. which is why i was/am disappointed. the OG GS400 (i had 2 of em) was Lexus proving they can do performance. the ISF was a nice rival to the E90. the RCF? the F82 wiped its ass with that fat Frankenstein.
The F lineup of lexus was a good thing, because they offered very reliable V8 power in a car that you can sleep in comfortably going 100+. That's how smooth and quiet it is inside. The only issue is, because the F lineup is about performance as well, it got rocked by it's competitors time and time again. They charge outrageous prices, even though it's a glorified toyota with a V8.

There is no doubt the M competitors to those lexus F models would absolutely destroy them. I honestly don't see the point to the RC-F track spec model. Doesn't it cost like 90 grand? Why? lol

Quote:
I am still at production begins on website so I am going by genius info. My CA said I am at 151 status.
So if i got my VIN, i guess i'm status 150?

If i don't see a change this friday on the site, i'll contact genius to see exactly which status i'm at.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4852.50
      09-21-2021, 04:27 PM   #324
JMU_BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Skyscraper Grey M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Lol!
You'll love the BMW brand. Much better than Lexus!
Ha, check that quack out when you can. The car looks like crap aside from that motor! Haha
Yeah i'm sure i'll have a blast in the next 3 years with this M3. Although i won't fall into the stereotype when i get this car. I will use my blinkers!!! LOL

Quote:

The F lineup of lexus was a good thing, because they offered very reliable V8 power in a car that you can sleep in comfortably going 100+. That's how smooth and quiet it is inside. The only issue is, because the F lineup is about performance as well, it got rocked by it's competitors time and time again. They charge outrageous prices, even though it's a glorified toyota with a V8.

There is no doubt the M competitors to those lexus F models would absolutely destroy them. I honestly don't see the point to the RC-F track spec model. Doesn't it cost like 90 grand? Why? lol

Quote:
So if i got my VIN, i guess i'm status 150?

If i don't see a change this friday on the site, i'll contact genius to see exactly which status i'm at.
Yes sir, you should be at Status 150. Congratulations! You should also check to see if you have an estimated completion day now
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 05:42 PM   #325
NKGK20
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:
I'd agree with you, I'm just reporting lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 05:51 PM   #326
DCG82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BWM M4

Does the dealership have any control of production schedule? I’m guessing the answer is no. My sales manager told me he was “able to get me moved up”. Full of beans?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 06:45 PM   #327
NKGK20
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG82 View Post
Does the dealership have any control of production schedule? I’m guessing the answer is no. My sales manager told me he was “able to get me moved up”. Full of beans?
Full of beans I'd say… what type of control would a dealer have? Idk ..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 06:52 PM   #328
DCG82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BWM M4

Quote:
Full of beans I'd say… what type of control would a dealer have? Idk ..
Must have been great timing for him. My build did move up after the call. Why can’t I have that kind of luck?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 07:16 PM   #329
kyleguy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E63S AMG

Quote:
Dealers have 0 control
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 07:16 PM   #330
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
“Get moved up”? How? Who could he possibly contact that would have control over the production schedule at the Munich or Dingolfing plants?

Last edited by Bch53211; 09-21-2021 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 0