BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

09-01-2022, 07:32 AM   #89
GoBlue0310
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 IOMG M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
I just think the laser lights look so good. It was an option for me, that was a no brainer for the aesthetics (other than that weird yellow sticker, which is only noticeable up close).

I also do have the "shadowline" lights.
Great looking car! Nice pic of the lights. Curious, what color of caliper and wheels you got? I'm getting an IOMG M3CX with black wheels and currently black calipers. Interior is full Silvertone/black (sporty and luxurious IMO) with standard seats. I'm trying to get a good flow with interior color, exterior color, and the accent options (laser lights/calipers/wheels). Do you have a good pic with a shot of the wheels, calipers, and lights? Id appreciate it. Thank you!
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144441.00
      09-01-2022, 09:36 AM   #90
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue0310 View Post
Quote:
I just think the laser lights look so good. It was an option for me, that was a no brainer for the aesthetics (other than that weird yellow sticker, which is only noticeable up close).

I also do have the "shadowline" lights.
Great looking car! Nice pic of the lights. Curious, what color of caliper and wheels you got? I'm getting an IOMG M3CX with black wheels and currently black calipers. Interior is full Silvertone/black (sporty and luxurious IMO) with standard seats. I'm trying to get a good flow with interior color, exterior color, and the accent options (laser lights/calipers/wheels). Do you have a good pic with a shot of the wheels, calipers, and lights? Id appreciate it. Thank you!
I have full KY leather interior with the buckets and went black wheels and the blue calipers. I know people have said the black wheels can kinda "disappear" when dirty, but I haven't found that yet and I'm really happy with the combo!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2022, 09:41 AM   #91
GoBlue0310
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 IOMG M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
I have full KY leather interior with the buckets and went black wheels and the blue calipers. I know people have said the black wheels can kinda "disappear" when dirty, but I haven't found that yet and I'm really happy with the combo!
That's kind of where I am now. I have the black calipers optioned. Curious of how the combo of black wheels, blue calipers, and the blue from the laser lights. If you don't mind can you send/post a pic of your combination wheels, calipers, and laser lights? I'm also going back and forth about getting the 50th anniversary badge. I see you have it, thoughts on the colors with your exterior color combo?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 09:45 AM   #92
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue0310 View Post
Quote:
That's kind of where I am now. I have the black calipers optioned. Curious of how the combo of black wheels, blue calipers, and the blue from the laser lights. If you don't mind can you send/post a pic of your combination wheels, calipers, and laser lights? I'm also going back and forth about getting the 50th anniversary badge. I see you have it, thoughts on the colors with your exterior color combo?
I'll try and get a side profile photo today. Love the badges. They work and I've received a ton of compliments.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2022, 10:46 AM   #93
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Car is dirty, and the lighting isn't great, but here's a side shot!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
1BAD4DR124.00
maelfyn156.50
      09-01-2022, 10:01 PM   #94
Sam_MTL
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwoodCC View Post
I got the standard LED and I went through a period when I was really regretting not getting the lasers. Now I've come to accept it and don't mind it at all anymore. Actually makes my car look different than others and I think it looks more "stealthy" if that makes sense. Here's a pic of my car (in front) with an M4 headlights peaking behind me. I feel like the standard lights have a way of balancing out the large grill (which I love) whereas the laser lights accentuate it. If I had the choice now would I pick the laser lights? Probably...but as someone who has the standard lights, it has it's own look that I've come to love. All IMHO.

Do you have the shadowline headlight package? Would you be able to share closer pictures of the car? Thanks!
Voilà !
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
2Times1064.50
Scorp!on1514.50
      09-02-2022, 05:58 PM   #95
2Times
I'd hit it
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 xd  [10.00]
Much appreciated on all the info. This helped with a spec I just put in

2023 M4 xd BSM
IG: MFor_YourPleasure
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 06:52 AM   #96
MassComp
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_MTL View Post
Voilà !
What front lip do you have, M Performance?....
3/19/22: Deposit placed on MY2023 Skyscraper Grey M3 Comp xDrive / 6/08/22: Dealer order placed - Status 047 / 6/25/22: Added Full Leather / 8/05/22: Received Allocation & Added Personal eSIM 5G / 09/18/22: Asked Dealership to Add M Drive Professional to My Build and They Canceled My Order
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 05:03 PM   #97
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Not wanting to start a new thread, I made a YouTube "short" of the laser light when unlocking the car, pathway lighting, and locking.

I know it's mainly gimmicky in the US... but the lights really do just look so cool!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QpM6jMZc4vU

Last edited by SaMaster14; 10-07-2022 at 05:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
Lifted55.50
      10-07-2022, 05:16 PM   #98
GaoKS
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 Raptor

Had LED's on my '21. Don't have them in my '23. Don't drive at night and don't miss them. To each their own. I loved the DRL but didn't like the blue.

BMW Past Rides: 2023 G80 Comp, 2023 G80 xDrive, 2021 M3 Comp, 2020 M340i, 2019 540i, 2016 M4, 2016 535i, 2008 545i
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2022, 08:00 PM   #99
BLKSAPPE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 Sao Paulo Yellow

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
having had a 22 M4 with the regular lights and now a 22 M3 with the laser lights I notice almost no difference in night driving. like zero. However, i would get them simply for the aesthetics! they look so much better
I needed to hear this! I bought a 22 M3 and sacrificed color and laser lights on my list because I couldn't find them with the other options I wanted. I decided that color and headlights were the lowest on my totem.

1). I had to have the executive package
2). I had to have carbon buckets
2). I had to have canon fiber package
3). I also absolutely needed driver assist plus

I never use driver assist plus except when I take road trips and wanna eat on the drive because I'm in a hurry (AMAZING) and I use it in bumper to bumper traffic sometimes when I wanna use my phone because of boredom. Otherwise it's mostly off 50% to 90% off most of the time with minimal intervention.

I've always been nervous because visibility has always been my main concern with all previous cars I'd upgrade from halogen to xenon or xenon to adaptive leds if it was a option. Canon Seats, carbon package and driver assist plus definitely were on my top list and I figured I'd just pay 7k to have the laser lights installed at a later date by a dealer but now I'm not going to spend that money on them at all if the visibility doesn't change at all

Thanks for having two Ms with different lighting packages and giving a honest lighting/visibility review
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2022, 02:16 AM   #100
davidmct-M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i with MPSSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSAPPE92 View Post
Quote:
having had a 22 M4 with the regular lights and now a 22 M3 with the laser lights I notice almost no difference in night driving. like zero. However, i would get them simply for the aesthetics! they look so much better
I needed to hear this! I bought a 22 M3 and sacrificed color and laser lights on my list because I couldn't find them with the other options I wanted. I decided that color and headlights were the lowest on my totem.

I never use driver assist plus except when I take road trips and wanna eat on the drive because I'm in a hurry (AMAZING) and I use it in bumper to bumper traffic sometimes when I wanna use my phone because of boredom. Otherwise it's mostly off 50% to 90% off most of the time with minimal intervention.

I've always been nervous because visibility has always been my main concern with all previous cars I'd upgrade from halogen to xenon or xenon to adaptive leds if it was a option. Canon Seats, carbon package and driver assist plus definitely were on my top list and I figured I'd just pay 7k to have the laser lights installed at a later date by a dealer but now I'm not going to spend that money on them at all if the visibility doesn't change at all

Thanks for having two Ms with different lighting packages and giving a honest lighting/visibility review
Uk thoughts on laser lights now that winter is arriving and seems continuously dark.

There is a huge difference in brightness when the high beam turns on with fantastic range. Mostly I use them on country lanes and motorways even with traffic unless it gets too dense.

On the motorway you can see the beam pattern adapting. For instance in middle lane of 3 embankment was lit up until i passed a car which was on the inside. Beam on side cut out then came back.

Good option in Uk.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 02:27 AM   #101
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Does anyone know if the anti dazzle is programmed to work in Canada? Not sure I want to go around with my high beams on to test it on people. Also i thought the car turned the high beams on automatically? I've always had fo manually turn them on outside of the city.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 08:43 AM   #102
montrokc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 IOMG G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spridge View Post
You can have them unlocked by certain forum members for a fee. Now.
Link to said forum members to unlock the feature?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 07:09 PM   #103
BLKSAPPE92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 Sao Paulo Yellow

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmct-M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSAPPE92 View Post
Quote:

Uk thoughts on laser lights now that winter is arriving and seems continuously dark.

There is a huge difference in brightness when the high beam turns on with fantastic range. Mostly I use them on country lanes and motorways even with traffic unless it gets too dense.

On the motorway you can see the beam pattern adapting. For instance in middle lane of 3 embankment was lit up until i passed a car which was on the inside. Beam on side cut out then came back.

Good option in Uk.
Yea I just don't know after what the guy I comments on said plus I watched a review on matrix lighting and bmw laser lights

Bmw was actually the poorest performer out of like 6 vehicle
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 07:11 PM   #104
M3coco
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzanerazzurri View Post
Does anyone know if the anti dazzle is programmed to work in Canada? Not sure I want to go around with my high beams on to test it on people. Also i thought the car turned the high beams on automatically? I've always had fo manually turn them on outside of the city.
You just hit the top part of the left blinker stock, and it will turn the auto feature on
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2022, 09:00 PM   #105
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3coco View Post
You just hit the top part of the left blinker stock, and it will turn the auto feature on
Oh thank you. I'll try that. Thought it was the auto button on the left side on the dash.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 01:25 PM   #106
spridge
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrokc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spridge View Post
You can have them unlocked by certain forum members for a fee. Now.
Link to said forum members to unlock the feature?
@Almaretto
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00
      02-01-2023, 10:09 PM   #107
Lifted
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC

[QUOTE=SaMaster14;29284054] (other than that weird yellow sticker, which is only noticeable up close).

Do all lasers have the yellow sticker? I’ve never seen (or noticed) that before, and now I can’t unsee it

Last edited by Lifted; 02-06-2023 at 10:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 10:13 PM   #108
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=Lifted;29799027]
Quote:
(other than that weird yellow sticker, which is only noticeable up close).
Do they all lasers have the yellow sticker? I’ve never seen (or noticed) that before, and now I can’t unsee it
Yes, I believe so, at least in the US, they all have the sticker.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 03:49 AM   #109
blonded
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 competition

me personally, i don’t care how the laser lights perform, i optioned them because i like the way they look (shadowline as well)
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 03:54 AM   #110
blonded
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 competition

Quote:
Yes, I believe so, at least in the US, they all have the sticker.
yea the sticker kinda sucks
Appreciate 0