Closed Thread

11-04-2020, 03:54 PM   #1
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Exclamation **PSA** Attention Ghassan Automotive Customers - Please Read

Admins/Mods -- apologies in advance if this post is inappropriate for this section. Please move this thread as needed.

This is a Public Service Announcement.

We're calling the attention of ALL Ghassan Automotive customers. If you are involved in an ongoing or past dispute with Ghassan Alneama, please send a PM/DM, or contact ghassanautodisputes@gmail.com to join our alliance against Ghassan Automotive.

Below are some of the cases and individuals we have gathered so far, along with the estimated liabilities:

Ohio S63: 20+ months | $19k+
Florida S65: 1+ year | $19k+
Bay Area, CA S55: 8+ months | $10k
Socal N54: 1+ year | $10k+
Boston, MA N54: 1+ year | ~$18.5k
Mississippi N54: 1+ year | $12k
Added 11/06/20 (pending confirmation): Virginia N54: 4+ months | $11k

Please help us share this announcement within your circle and through various social media outlets. Any referrals to legal services, specializing in Consumer Protection in Oklahoma, or leads to law enforcement are welcome and much appreciated.

If you are involved in an ongoing dispute, but would prefer not to engage with this initiative, then at the very least, we request that a formal complaint is submitted with the following government entities:

Federal Trade Commission
https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

Oklahoma Attorney General - Consumer Protection
https://oag.ok.gov/consumer-protection-unit

Our situations are considered non-isolated with repetitive patterns. Please keep this thread respectful, and avoid generating any wild speculations or assumptions of your own.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

UPDATE: Here's my full story on Ghassan -- https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26877249

Last edited by FriedPiston; 11-06-2020 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 2
      11-04-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
CoolLiving
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3

Wow its a good thing I never went with the Ebay sponsorship he has for sale/bid I was so tempted to get a built motor.
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2020, 05:23 PM   #3
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Do we have receipts? Can we get proof to validate the claims from these individuals? Has anyone reached out to the vendor to comment in this thread? These are some major claims and it'd be more responsible to back the claims made with proof so a proper assessment of the situation can be made.

As of right now we have one individual making claims on behalf of many people without factual evidence to back their claims. I applaud the effort made by "FriedPiston" to spread the word but I think it's important to include evidence of these claims before we all grab our pitchforks.

We've done business with Ghassan in the past and he's never done wrong by us but if there is actual evidence that proves he's involved in fraudulent behavior we'll gladly support the cause.

Last edited by Tiago@VRSF; 11-04-2020 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
      11-04-2020, 05:29 PM   #4
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Can we get proof to validate the claims? Has anyone reached out to the vendor to comment in this thread? These are some major claims and I think it'd be easier if we had facts to back the claims so a proper assessment of the situation could be made.

As of right now we have one individual making claims on behalf of many people without factual evidence to back their claims. I applaud the effort made by "FriedPiston" to spread the word but I think it's important to include evidence of these claims before we all grab our pitchforks.

I don't have skin in the game but common sense dictates that we should back our claims with evidence.
The collective parties involved would rather not share sensitive information that could be used in legal proceedings. This post is not a legality debate, but more for situational awareness. If you're curious about everyone's ordeal, feel free to reach out to the email outlet in the original post, and I'd be happy to provide some snippets if you're willing to sign an NDA.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 05:38 PM   #5
Mzfhartge
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw 335i

I am one of the guys, what proof would you need.
Pictures, videos, emails, text messages? All available when we are allowed to post it. He will promise you the moon and nothing will get done.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 05:49 PM   #6
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzfhartge View Post
I am one of the guys, what proof would you need.
Pictures, videos, emails, text messages? All available when we are allowed to post it. He will promise you the moon and nothing will get done.
Tiago@VRSF -- Mzfhartge is also in Boston if you want to discuss matters in person.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 06:37 PM   #7
GhassanA
Rep
Drives: M5, M6, 135i, 335i, Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
Admins/Mods -- apologies in advance if this post is inappropriate for this section. Please move this thread as needed.

This is a Public Service Announcement.

We're calling the attention of ALL Ghassan Automotive customers. If you are involved in an ongoing or past dispute with Ghassan Alneama, please send a PM/DM, or contact ghassanautodisputes@gmail.com to join our alliance against Ghassan Automotive.

Below are some of the cases and individuals we have gathered so far, along with the estimated liabilities:

Ohio S63: 20+ months | $19k+
Florida S65: 1+ year | $19k+
Bay Area, CA S55: 8+ months | $10k
Socal N54: 1+ year | $10k+
Boston, MA N54: 1+ year | ~$18.5k
Mississippi N54: 1+ year | $12k

Please help us share this announcement within your circle and through various social media outlets. Any referrals to legal services, specializing in Consumer Protection in Oklahoma, or leads to law enforcement are welcome and much appreciated.

If you are involved in an ongoing dispute, but would prefer not to engage with this initiative, then at the very least, we request that a formal complaint is submitted with the following government entities:

Federal Trade Commission
https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

Oklahoma Attorney General - Consumer Protection
https://oag.ok.gov/consumer-protection-unit

Our situations are considered non-isolated with repetitive patterns. Please keep this thread respectful, and avoid generating any wild speculations or assumptions of your own.

Thank you for your time and assistance!
It was funny how our company was blocked from responding here, so I made a personal account to respond.

This is an interesting public service announcement or a mere attempt to defame a successful company when a customer does not get his way after being unreasonable, of course.

FriedPiston sent us his blow S55 engine with a melted piston for a full rebuild to hold 1000+WHP; his core was not in any useful condition, so we had to source a block for him as well as source a cylinder head. The cylinder head we sourced for him did not pass our machine shop inspection. Both the Ghassan Automotive team as well as Nars (FriedPiston) could not source a cylinder head; this is due to the time frame being at the peak of the COVID-19 Global Pandemic. Nars then refused to wait any longer or use any of the solutions we have offered him. He demanded we ship him back a fully built S55 short block(we provided) with upgraded pistons, rods, studs, pinned crankshaft(he provided) for $3000, the shipping cost alone is $700+, a core S55 block can be $3000+ alone.

Here we have a customer demanding $8000+ worth of labor, parts, and services be rendered to him for $3000 because he did not want to wait to find parts that are unavailable at the time.

So no, Nars, we won't give in to your blackmail post. Your unreasonable demands put our company past its abilities; we have twenty plus employees that depend on this company to feed their families; if you have a legit dispute, have your attorney contact our office.

As far as Mzfhartge, we shipped him a G1000 engine, and he installed it; it had issues(smoking), the car was shipped here to be resolved, Mazen(Mzfhartge) only wanted to wait from March to May (peak of pandemic again), we got the car to run right, we asked him to ship in his MHD tablet or provide login information, he refused and decided to fly in, we have video evidence of him driving away from the shop on the highway smoke-free, he claims the engine is still smoking, we have a fully built replacement engine waiting for him at our shop. His engine failed because he had a dead O2 sensor, most likely running lean conditions and hurting a piston; this would make his claim completely out of our warranty, yet here we are offering help and being labeled as fraudsters.

I take all claims very seriously; if you have any issues, please give the office a call at 405-780-0708 or shoot us an email at info@ghassanautomotive.com.
You can also mail us or visit us in person at 1009 W Knipe Ave, Perkins, OK 74059
Appreciate 2
      11-04-2020, 06:43 PM   #8
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhassanA View Post
It was funny how our company was blocked from responding here, so I made a personal account to respond.

This is an interesting public service announcement or a mere attempt to defame a successful company when a customer does not get his way after being unreasonable, of course.

FriedPiston sent us his blow S55 engine with a melted piston for a full rebuild to hold 1000+WHP; his core was not in any useful condition, so we had to source a block for him as well as source a cylinder head. The cylinder head we sourced for him did not pass our machine shop inspection. Both the Ghassan Automotive team as well as Nars (FriedPiston) could not source a cylinder head; this is due to the time frame being at the peak of the COVID-19 Global Pandemic. Nars then refused to wait any longer or use any of the solutions we have offered him. He demanded we ship him back a fully built S55 short block(we provided) with upgraded pistons, rods, studs, pinned crankshaft(he provided) for $3000, the shipping cost alone is $700+, a core S55 block can be $3000+ alone.

Here we have a customer demanding $8000+ worth of labor, parts, and services be rendered to him for $3000 because he did not want to wait to find parts that are unavailable at the time.

So no, Nars, we won't give in to your blackmail post. Your unreasonable demands put our company past its abilities; we have twenty plus employees that depend on this company to feed their families; if you have a legit dispute, have your attorney contact our office.

As far as Mzfhartge, we shipped him a G1000 engine, and he installed it; it had issues(smoking), the car was shipped here to be resolved, Mazen(Mzfhartge) only wanted to wait from March to May (peak of pandemic again), we got the car to run right, we asked him to ship in his MHD tablet or provide login information, he refused and decided to fly in, we have video evidence of him driving away from the shop on the highway smoke-free, he claims the engine is still smoking, we have a fully built replacement engine waiting for him at our shop. His engine failed because he had a dead O2 sensor, most likely running lean conditions and hurting a piston; this would make his claim completely out of our warranty, yet here we are offering help and being labeled as fraudsters.

I take all claims very seriously; if you have any issues, please give the office a call at 405-780-0708 or shoot us an email at info@ghassanautomotive.com.
You can also mail us or visit us in person at 1009 W Knipe Ave, Perkins, OK 74059
Thank you for your false and inaccurate depiction of what actually took place. This will come in very handy.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 06:50 PM   #9
GhassanA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
Thank you for your false and inaccurate depiction of what actually took place. This will come in very handy.
I'm not going to sit here and go back and forth about who is accurate or not. If you have a claim, file it, you spoke big game and listed many hurt customers; what are you waiting for? Any half-decent lawyer would drool over a case like this if it were legit. Do not just attempt to defame us because you did not get your unreasonable way. Have a good day, and I hope you pay your open invoice; it is not fair you made us do all that work and are refusing to pay.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 07:13 PM   #10
Mzfhartge
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw 335i

Are you for real? The car smokes when idles like a chimney and cylinder two fills with oil and spark plug nb2 and o2 sensor gets fouled with oil. While cruising there is no smoke for sure cause it clears it. Get your act together and know the real problem.You claim that you have a motor ready for me why don’t you send it???
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 07:37 PM   #11
GhassanA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzfhartge View Post
Are you for real? The car smokes when idles like a chimney and cylinder two fills with oil and spark plug nb2 and o2 sensor gets fouled with oil. While cruising there is no smoke for sure cause it clears it. Get your act together and know the real problem.You claim that you have a motor ready for me why don’t you send it???
Of course, it will smoke when you have a faulty O2 sensor, lean out the engine and hurt a piston, that's how engines work. I've kept you updated with screenshots of emails of vendor communications, tracking numbers, and even updated you about the ice storm that had us shut down for a week. The engine is ready, have your attorney contact mine so we can release it to you. Do not be an unreasonable customer, especially when you're at fault.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 08:31 PM   #12
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Six people willing to participate in a lawsuit. You cannot be without fault in this then...? People are disappointed one way or another. If not bad craftsmanship then maybe lack of communication or promises you cannot follow through at least?
      11-04-2020, 09:18 PM   #13
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Read his Yelp reviews and it will show what kind of person he is.

Quote:
DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HIS SAYS!

I am a shop owner of an exclusive BMW repair shop in San Diego. We needed a 2013 N55 and was not able to find a used one. I found Ghassan Automotive from a search online. I called and spoke with Ghassan and he said all the right things, so we decided to "wire" (first red flag) the agreed amount for a 2013 N55. Then the nightmare started... We received the engine and at first inspection was not impressed with quality of the "rebuild". Already committed and not having another option we installed the engine and sent back the core. Side note we even offered for him another core we had thinking this a man with integrity and would appreciate the offer, he did accept it minus the integrity part.

This is about the time his true colors came out. We instantly had a probably with his rebuilt motor. Early production N55's has a different vacuum/oil pump chain tensioner. The early production have a leaf spring style tensioner and late production have a hydraulic style. This difference caused a loud rattle from the engine. After hours of swapping parts around we determined the only fix was the proper style chain tensioner. I repeatedly called his shop and apparently had injured his back and the front office girl quit. Fast forward a month and multiple phone calls I finally got a hold of him about the cores and the warranty issue with the purchased engine. He stated the cores had no value so the 1500.00 per core ended up being worth nothing (no money back). As far as the warranty engine he said he would call me once he received and inspected it. That was almost a year ago and I'm still waiting for that phone call.

I did contact a lawyer but would have to travel to Oklahoma if it went to trial. As much as I would love to have my day in court, we have already lost thousands of dollars so I'm just going to write this review and hope it helps anyone considering using this company.
MmmmmM22578.00
      11-04-2020, 09:23 PM   #14
davidr3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Lmao oh brother here we go again fellas, get the popcorn. not sure why the old thread got deleted. Feel like people need a heads up when working with this company. I know the other thread got out of control but damn why not just lock the thread so it warns people before dealing with them.

For others who didn't see the other thread

TLDR version, complete shit show, ghassan automotive was accused of installing I believe a vanos component incorrectly on an M5 engine, lead to a few pages of back n forth. Seems like we're in for round two.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 10:37 PM   #15
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Did this company have any reviews prior to all this happening?

You can’t just have any shop rebuild these engines.

I hope everyone gets their money back.

Edit: just read some reviews on this company and it’s not looking good.

Last edited by Wolf 335; 11-04-2020 at 10:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 11:22 PM   #16
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

I recall several threads about this shit show of a "shop". Thought there were already legal proceedings against him, and they tried re-branding by using another individual as a front man.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 11:27 PM   #17
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
I recall several threads about this shit show of a "shop". Thought there were already legal proceedings against him, and they tried re-branding by using another individual as a front man.
I think you're thinking of ZNM(or whatever) out of NJ?

This is a different shop, but there are plenty of bad threads and posts about Ghassan, ask @fueur
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2020, 11:40 PM   #18
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

You might be right. It's hard keeping dirt bags straight sometimes.
Appreciate 2
      11-04-2020, 11:49 PM   #19
NeverL8
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slow

Dang that’s bad, I definitely noticed a trend between here and Yelp reviews
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 12:13 AM   #20
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

There was pretty big thread on this dude on M5post... Looks like it's deleted now - basically the conclusion was stay very far away. Man that thread got all sorts of weird - peak bimmerpost

Hope this gets resolved for you FriedPiston
      11-05-2020, 12:20 AM   #21
f30b58pwr
Private
Rep
Drives: 16' 340i, 18' M3

This should have been your guys first warning: https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/st...4b560ca11.html

Ps. the comment on that post by "Stressed Student" is also probably him. Guess he "never does anything wrong"... always other peoples fault or crappy police investigation HAHA... this man or should say child is a joke.

But any who, I wish you guys luck on getting it sorted. Definitely won't be getting a penny from me!

Last edited by f30b58pwr; 11-05-2020 at 12:29 AM..
Appreciate 2
      11-05-2020, 12:29 AM   #22
NeverL8
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
There was pretty big thread on this dude on M5post... Looks like it's deleted now - basically the conclusion was stay very far away. Man that thread got all sorts of weird - peak bimmerpost

Hope this gets resolved for you FriedPiston
Just read it. It’s comical, excuses on excuses which is typical for those types of people.
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread