BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

02-23-2024, 09:21 AM   #23
Prosper123
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 g80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnshift View Post
I have only purchased a truck organizer LOL. I’m going to leave the car bone stock for quite a long time, I think. I’m still on the fence on things like different grill inserts and whether or not the center console will come with the m3c badge. I want to have the car, complete break in, have some time ripping her around and then see what would be next. I’ve always personally found a higher appreciation for mods once I benchmark the cars looks or performance before a change, if that makes sense.
Makes lots of sense !
Appreciate 1
Dnshift156.50
      02-23-2024, 09:49 AM   #24
TaroBaapG35
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 Model S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerTailor View Post
And all the corgis of the world smile briefly and then remember, they need more food
...and they will never stop wanting more food..mine has gotten much worse since my wife has been WFH 100% for the past year. Anytime we have food, he'll come up until I give him that NO look , and then he'll do that face that melts you with them big ass eyes..
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2024, 09:52 AM   #25
TinkerTailor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroBaapG35 View Post
...and they will never stop wanting more food..mine has gotten much worse since my wife has been WFH 100% for the past year. Anytime we have food, he'll come up until I give him that NO look , and then he'll do that face that melts you with them big ass eyes..
My corgi sits in front of the cabinet that has all his treats, looks at it, looks at me, darts his eyes over to the cabinet quickly and then back to starting at me!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 09:54 AM   #26
TaroBaapG35
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have only purchased a truck organizer LOL. I’m going to leave the car bone stock for quite a long time, I think. I’m still on the fence on things like different grill inserts and whether or not the center console will come with the m3c badge. I want to have the car, complete break in, have some time ripping her around and then see what would be next. I’ve always personally found a higher appreciation for mods once I benchmark the cars looks or performance before a change, if that makes sense.
Yea my wife has already put the requirement that I cannot modify the car (big upgrades) for atleast a year...We'll see how that goes haha.

I've planned mod wise (aside from Tint and Full Front PPF) SST Valve Controller (100% must have after using one on my X3M) & Intake/Spacers & custom Shift knob by the end of the year since I'll be switching over to DWS06 tires.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 09:56 AM   #27
TaroBaapG35
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My corgi sits in front of the cabinet that has all his treats, looks at it, looks at me, darts his eyes over to the cabinet quickly and then back to starting at me!
Does yours also go up to said cabinet 10-20mins before his breakfast/lunch/dinner times? Mine has learned how "food" is said in 3 languages and goes directly over to his cabinet and does the same staring LOL
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2024, 09:58 AM   #28
TinkerTailor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Does yours also go up to said cabinet 10-20mins before his breakfast/lunch/dinner times? Mine has learned how "food" is said in 3 languages and goes directly over to his cabinet and does the same staring LOL
Worse - he has an hour long window in which he uses his powers to try and get his meals and treats early!
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2024, 10:19 AM   #29
Dnshift
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 M3 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
I hit 151 this AM! So I'm right 1 day behind you Dnshift

Lets GOOO!!!
Woo!!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 10:21 AM   #30
Dnshift
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea my wife has already put the requirement that I cannot modify the car (big upgrades) for atleast a year...We'll see how that goes haha.

I've planned mod wise (aside from Tint and Full Front PPF) SST Valve Controller (100% must have after using one on my X3M) & Intake/Spacers & custom Shift knob by the end of the year since I'll be switching over to DWS06 tires.
LOL, I’m in the same boat. I also tinker with a 67 GTO and apparently one project car is enough , can’t say I agree but ya know.

Can you share more on the valve controller and your experience with your X3M?
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2024, 10:57 AM   #31
TaroBaapG35
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

In the paint bootth!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 2
      02-23-2024, 11:25 AM   #32
Meet LuLu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 xDrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosper123 View Post
Did you buy any mods as you are awaiting your Bimmmmmer ?
I've contacted my tint guy, my detail guy for ceramic coating, bought a key fob cover, ceramic coasters for the front drink holders, monogram decal, and that coin//storage compartment thing that I've seen in the forums....
Appreciate 3
      02-23-2024, 11:34 AM   #33
TaroBaapG35
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOL, I’m in the same boat. I also tinker with a 67 GTO and apparently one project car is enough , can’t say I agree but ya know.

Can you share more on the valve controller and your experience with your X3M?
Nice! I've always wanted to get back into a project car :/ I sold mine unfortunately couple years ago to get my parents a new car. Now I should've just gave them the project car (2005 G35 AT) which apparently my dad loved driving cuz it was powerful vs his Altima LOL.

So, in terms of the valve controller; I had the CG Precision VSC-2 on the X3M. It was a 10min install and it worked amazingly. The pumped in fake audio in these cars is BRUTAL (if you're used to hearing an actual exhaust from cars). I was coming from a Audi S4 with AWE Track Exhaust with Resonated Downpipes, so getting into an SUV with 1.4x the HP, I was expecting some sound, but even my stock 370z was louder then the X3M.

In terms of quality, VSC-2 was good, but I wouldn't buy it for any vehicle lower then the X3M/X4M. I bought it before they updated their notes to NOT install on the exhaust hanger which is where 90% of people who bought it were installing it at the time. Plus this install leaves the controller prone to water damage. So after my back/forth with them I reinstalled the new one to the heatshield bolt, and it was perfect after.

Now, for the M3 since the car is already low, installing the VSC in either hanger/heatshield bolt won't work, which is why I'm going to the SST this time around. Same functions (actually more) and nearly the same price.

Sound wise: Interior Stock sound X3M was 4/10 and I'm giving that high because the ASD noises "help" due to the great sound insulation. From outside, its a 5/10 because its louder.

After the Valve controller, OMFG, it sounds REALLY good from the outside. Basically how it should've sounded STOCK. Its a deep, throaty sound (characteristic of BMW TTs), but smooth. So it went to 8/10 outside and a good 7/10 inside. If I would've kept the car I was going to AA Single Midpipe and it would've been 10/10 since with the valves closed you can just make out the exhaust sound and on open it sounds glorious.

Sorry for long response, but hopefully it helps!
Appreciate 1
Dnshift156.50
      02-23-2024, 12:03 PM   #34
Dnshift
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice! I've always wanted to get back into a project car :/ I sold mine unfortunately couple years ago to get my parents a new car. Now I should've just gave them the project car (2005 G35 AT) which apparently my dad loved driving cuz it was powerful vs his Altima LOL.

So, in terms of the valve controller; I had the CG Precision VSC-2 on the X3M. It was a 10min install and it worked amazingly. The pumped in fake audio in these cars is BRUTAL (if you're used to hearing an actual exhaust from cars). I was coming from a Audi S4 with AWE Track Exhaust with Resonated Downpipes, so getting into an SUV with 1.4x the HP, I was expecting some sound, but even my stock 370z was louder then the X3M.

In terms of quality, VSC-2 was good, but I wouldn't buy it for any vehicle lower then the X3M/X4M. I bought it before they updated their notes to NOT install on the exhaust hanger which is where 90% of people who bought it were installing it at the time. Plus this install leaves the controller prone to water damage. So after my back/forth with them I reinstalled the new one to the heatshield bolt, and it was perfect after.

Now, for the M3 since the car is already low, installing the VSC in either hanger/heatshield bolt won't work, which is why I'm going to the SST this time around. Same functions (actually more) and nearly the same price.

Sound wise: Interior Stock sound X3M was 4/10 and I'm giving that high because the ASD noises "help" due to the great sound insulation. From outside, its a 5/10 because its louder.

After the Valve controller, OMFG, it sounds [...]
This is super helpful, thanks for the detailed overview, that SST definitely looks like the best option in terms of build quality, price and functionality. Did you already pick one up?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 12:28 PM   #35
TaroBaapG35
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is super helpful, thanks for the detailed overview, that SST definitely looks like the best option in terms of build quality, price and functionality. Did you already pick one up?
No, I'm going to wait to pick it up maybe a week or so before I get the car. Most likely will do the install when I get it home the 1st day or at the hotel where we're staying in Greenville. I can't drive the car through the break in period without the valves. Since we can't go above 4krpms for a bit, and then 5k, I NEED the sound. I might pick up the ARM intakes as well.
Appreciate 1
Dnshift156.50
      02-23-2024, 12:36 PM   #36
Prosper123
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 g80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meet LuLu View Post
I've contacted my tint guy, my detail guy for ceramic coating, bought a key fob cover, ceramic coasters for the front drink holders, monogram decal, and that coin//storage compartment thing that I've seen in the forums....
Coin storage compartment? Can you take a pic ? Where did you get ?
Appreciate 1
Dnshift156.50
      02-23-2024, 12:46 PM   #37
Dnshift
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, I'm going to wait to pick it up maybe a week or so before I get the car. Most likely will do the install when I get it home the 1st day or at the hotel where we're staying in Greenville. I can't drive the car through the break in period without the valves. Since we can't go above 4krpms for a bit, and then 5k, I NEED the sound. I might pick up the ARM intakes as well.
I totally get that, my GTO is super loud (461 stroker, long tubes, etc.) and has cutouts when I need that extra umph, modern stuff is super quiet in comparison. I suspect I’ll have a similar desire to you on the sound front.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2024, 08:28 PM   #38
Meet LuLu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 xDrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosper123 View Post
Coin storage compartment? Can you take a pic ? Where did you get ?
This is where I learned of it....you can look in the "What did you do to your G01 X3 today?" thread for post #8244 to see the before and after.

I got mine on Amazon
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2024, 08:48 AM   #39
Dnshift
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
On the line!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      02-26-2024, 08:37 AM   #40
Dnshift
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Wow I guess they finished it over the weekend, crazy!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      02-26-2024, 09:31 AM   #41
mikewho_G82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82X

I believe I'm a week 9 build as well. Any bets on when we will be taking delivery?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Dnshift156.50
      02-26-2024, 09:45 AM   #42
TaroBaapG35
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewho_G82 View Post
I believe I'm a week 9 build as well. Any bets on when we will be taking delivery?
I was told it will take 4-5 weeks from when it arrives at Port in Germany.
Appreciate 1
Dnshift156.50
      02-26-2024, 09:47 AM   #43
TinkerTailor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow I guess they finished it over the weekend, crazy!
I think it could also be that the BMW tracker is always a few days behind
Appreciate 1
Dnshift156.50
      02-26-2024, 10:08 AM   #44
TaroBaapG35
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think it could also be that the BMW tracker is always a few days behind
Yea mine was stuck on Paint Booth since 2/24 and went to Entering Assembly/ Assembly in Progress within 2 hours this AM. Hopefully it's completed today (as per the tracker).
Appreciate 1