BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

02-13-2023, 06:15 PM   #1
radiumwolf
South Korea
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2023 Competition

Waze and Apple Maps Can No Longer Be Trusted

I've got a US Specced M4 G82 2022 in South Korea. So, of course, you can't load any applications on the car and I used Bimmertech to get carplay installed on the car.

They did an excellent job but GPS is unstable in carplay and there's no fix I can find for it. Though I did find the following link.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/w...im-207340.html

It explains there's an issue within wireless carplay and GPS not syncing correctly. You have to reboot the head end and your iPhone to fix it. I've verified this works for a while for Waze, but Apple maps, google maps, never maps and T maps (The last two are local Korean applications) aren't stable at all. Except for Waze they fail to keep their orientation correct.

Have anyone else encountered this? Any suggested fixes? Maybe there's a way to disable the GPS inside the head unit so the phone's GPS works instead?

Thanks for any help you can suggest.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 12:39 AM   #2
MarcusM117
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

Here’s the thread about it. Not unique to M3s and not even unique to BMWs. Currently no known fix. https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1969603
Appreciate 0