home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

09-03-2020, 04:27 PM   #45
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

It appears as though the nickname of the team is now the least of Snyder's worries. After the Post series on the blatant sexism and video of the cheerleaders bikini photo shoot the NFL is taking over the investigation. I would be surprised if Snyder lasts the season as owner of the Washington Football Team.
      09-05-2020, 01:21 PM   #46
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I would be surprised if Snyder lasts the season as owner of the Washington Football Team.
GOOD.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      09-05-2020, 01:25 PM   #47
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Our seats were in Box 4 in the mezzanine. We were right below the owners box and to the left of it was the radio booth. Saw Sonny & Sam, and Frank all the time, plus dignitaries walk the catwalk over to Cook's box. Hotdog stand was 25 feet away. And we never got wet either. Lol. Our seats in FedEx sucked, getting into FedEx sucked, and Snyder sucks, so we bagged it after 3 seasons. RFK had the best hotdogs.

You haven't lived unless you've seen a Redskins/Cowpersons game at RFK.

With Kappernick/BLM now, I could give a rats ass about the NFL.
So cool. Our seats were also in the mezzanine. I can't remember what section we were in, but our seats were in the first row of our section, on the end of the row. We were behind the end zone. Remember those big metal panels people used to pound their fists on? The one in our section came loose once from the fans pounding on it so hard. RFK rocked, there was nothing like it.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      09-05-2020, 03:19 PM   #48
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
So cool. Our seats were also in the mezzanine. I can't remember what section we were in, but our seats were in the first row of our section, on the end of the row. We were behind the end zone. Remember those big metal panels people used to pound their fists on? The one in our section came loose once from the fans pounding on it so hard. RFK rocked, there was nothing like it.
We were just around the corner from you if you were on the end with the Redskins band. My uncle had box seats near the endzone. People would bang all the time on the sheet metal. Nothing like a NFC East game at RFK. I was at the last game, which was against Dallas, what an experience. Thanks Dad. RIP.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 03:27 PM   #49
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
We were just around the corner from you if you were on the end with the Redskins band. My uncle had box seats near the endzone. People would bang all the time on the sheet metal. Nothing like a NFC East game at RFK. I was at the last game, which was against Dallas, what an experience. Thanks Dad. RIP.
I was on the opposite end from the band. My neighbor Paul was one of the tuba players.

I was at the game when Riggo's name on the ring of honor was unveiled during halftime. They announced his name over the PA, but no one walked out. About 30 seconds went by, then all of a sudden he came running out of the tunnel in full uniform, helmet in hand like he was ready to play. That's probably my favorite RFK memory.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      09-12-2020, 10:48 AM   #50
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Heard a good joke on DC radio...

The Redskins are now called the Washington Football Team

They should be called the Washington Team for Football

WTF
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2020, 06:59 PM   #51
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Heard a good joke on DC radio...

The Redskins are now called the Washington Football Team

They should be called the Washington Team for Football

WTF
LOL, awesome! love it.

I was talking with my buddy today. We decided they should just keep the name "Football Team". They can rename the band to "Band", and rename FedEx Field to "Stadium". They can have a new mascot that just wears slacks and a plain shirt and name it "Mascot". Everything can be just as generic as possible, it could be their 'thing'.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh16946.00
      09-13-2020, 10:09 PM   #52
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

They should just leave the name as is. The PC whiners on Twitter won't have anything to complain about, and actual football fans can keep calling them Redskins.

Sure it would be a big money maker to have a new name and logo (merch for people to buy), but if Snyder can forego that I think this is a happy medium that appeases all parties.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2020, 10:11 PM   #53
1claire
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Alpine White

I just watch their game but I'm really not a fan.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 05:17 AM   #54
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
They should just leave the name as is. The PC whiners on Twitter won't have anything to complain about, and actual football fans can keep calling them Redskins.

Sure it would be a big money maker to have a new name and logo (merch for people to buy), but if Snyder can forego that I think this is a happy medium that appeases all parties.
He should have swapped the Redskin Indian logo with a Red Potato and gotten sponsorship from the Idaho Potato Farmers Association...

Rename FedEx Field, the "Big Potato". The team nickname could be the "Chips". Think of all the snack food advertisers knocking at his door.

Blown marketing campaign IMO.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 07:47 PM   #55
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Holy shit, they won...
Appreciate 0