BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-18-2023, 08:56 PM   #133
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbb View Post
I think the dealers are choosing the customers, not the corporate head office.
There’s that but then why would they take refundable deposits? Doesn’t make sense.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2023, 09:33 PM   #134
Dr.Crap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
I have no recent (10+ years) purchase history with the dealer that is supplying me the car

Last edited by Dr.Crap; 03-18-2023 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: Scribing error
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2023, 09:42 PM   #135
Dr.Crap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwFanBoy94 View Post
Gives me hope.

Which dealer and group? Did they advise you on how process works for submitting your order?

I’ve placed an order with sytner but another group told me they’re getting 3 in total and have sold 2, but they will ask sales manager on Monday if I can have the third car which is also due may/June..

This completely goes against the process where dealers say orders are sent to Bmw uk who then choose customer…. they already seem to know they have 3 cars and sold 2 of them?? Lots of conflicting info between dealer groups!
I enquired at a few dealers but put my deposit down with the one that actually suggested they would make an effort to get me an allocation. All 3 dealers gave me the same info, an application with an order form to BMW UK. They (BMW UK) would decide if I got one. Unsure about criteria but purchase history from BMW is definitely a factor and possibly being in a current gen M3/4. I don't do social media but I'm sure having some sort of online presence probably helps - I was asked this.

I gave the dealer all my BMW main dealer purchases going back 2 decades. I'm not sure he would have bothered asking if it wasn't relevant.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 05:55 AM   #136
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Process might be different between NA and UK.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 06:12 AM   #137
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Crap View Post
I enquired at a few dealers but put my deposit down with the one that actually suggested they would make an effort to get me an allocation. All 3 dealers gave me the same info, an application with an order form to BMW UK. They (BMW UK) would decide if I got one. Unsure about criteria but purchase history from BMW is definitely a factor and possibly being in a current gen M3/4. I don't do social media but I'm sure having some sort of online presence probably helps - I was asked this.

I gave the dealer all my BMW main dealer purchases going back 2 decades. I'm not sure he would have bothered asking if it wasn't relevant.

Hope that helps.
I currently own 5 BMW’s and have purchased 11 over past 10 years including still owning my M4CS, my dealer said he has high hopes of me getting one, but I Dont know why this other dealer has said they have already secured 3 and sold 2, goes against what everyone else has said, very odd.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 07:24 AM   #138
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep

Now that I’m starting to get offers for finance does this now mean my order has been accepted? Lol 😂
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-19-2023, 04:04 PM   #139
Dr.Crap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Now that I’m starting to get offers for finance does this now mean my order has been accepted? Lol 😂
So they send you all of that the moment you put an order in. I'm unsure if its a legal requirement or just a dressed up way of selling you GAP and tyre insurance under the banner of 'duty of care' along with any finance you may take out.

It's dealer led as it doesn't come from BMW and often has nothing to do with the vehicle purchase directly.

Nevertheless, with that purchase/loyalty history you clearly deserve a shot at one. If BMW are basing their selection based on brand history/spend then that's better than the Porsche GT method of flipping cars back to main dealers, buying their unwanted stock and any other things to 'build a relationship'
Appreciate 2
      03-20-2023, 07:37 AM   #140
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So they send you all of that the moment you put an order in. I'm unsure if its a legal requirement or just a dressed up way of selling you GAP and tyre insurance under the banner of 'duty of care' along with any finance you may take out.

It's dealer led as it doesn't come from BMW and often has nothing to do with the vehicle purchase directly.

Nevertheless, with that purchase/loyalty history you clearly deserve a shot at one. If BMW are basing their selection based on brand history/spend then that's better than the Porsche GT method of flipping cars back to main dealers, buying their unwanted stock and any other things to 'build a relationship'
So I’ve had a call today from a group/dealer and they’ve confirmed to me they have 3 build slots, one sold, two showing as not sold with no customers allocated to them. They’re waiting on MD response to see if they can allocate me one of those cars, should hear back from them later today.

So questioned their process in terms of their process being different to majority of other dealers, and the SA has said the situation with the CS is slightly different to CSL as BMW UK didn’t like the way the process for CSL was going so essentially they’ve assigned cars to different dealers and the quantity of CS’s they get is dependent on how many M cars they’ve sold over the years, and it’s then up to dealers to choose customers.

I think there actually might be SOME truth to this, as it potentially takes customers bad feelings away from the dealer if they chose not to assign the car to a certain customer? Might be a good chance the dealers are actually assigning the cars they’re guaranteed to customers and not BMW UK.

If this is true and they really do have two build slots which they say are due June/July, I will be cancelling deposit with current dealer and just taking up the allocation which is availabile.

Said the slot isn’t locked in and is amendable up until first week of next month.

Also got off the phone to another group just to grab some info, they said they’ve got an allocation for one person who had a BMW Car history of just ONE M car and 3 standard BMWS over last few years. If I don’t get one either in way too late or just extreme bad luck 😁
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 08:31 AM   #141
HudsonHornett
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CSL, BMW X3MC

Quote:
So I’ve had a call today from a group/dealer and they’ve confirmed to me they have 3 build slots, one sold, two showing as not sold with no customers allocated to them. They’re waiting on MD response to see if they can allocate me one of those cars, should hear back from them later today.

So questioned their process in terms of their process being different to majority of other dealers, and the SA has said the situation with the CS is slightly different to CSL as BMW UK didn’t like the way the process for CSL was going so essentially they’ve assigned cars to different dealers and the quantity of CS’s they get is dependent on how many M cars they’ve sold over the years, and it’s then up to dealers to choose customers.

I think there actually might be SOME truth to this, as it potentially takes customers bad feelings away from the dealer if they chose not to assign the car to a certain customer? Might be a good chance the dealers are actually assigning the cars they’re guaranteed to customers and not BMW UK.

If this is true and they really do have two build slots which they say are due June/July, I will be cancelling deposit with current dealer and just taking up the allocation which is availabile.

Said the slot isn’t locked in and is amendable up until first week of next month.

Also got off the phone to another group just to grab some info, they said they’ve got an allocation for one person who had a BMW Car history of just ONE M car and 3 standard BMWS over last few years. If I don’t get one either in way too late or just extreme bad luck 😁
Interesting... good luck though - hope it works out.
      03-20-2023, 08:38 AM   #142
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonHornett View Post
Interesting... good luck though - hope it works out.
Sounds like non-US dealers might be getting more than 1 car.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2023, 02:38 PM   #143
Dr.Crap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm not sure how it works in the US but in the UK most BMW dealers are not stand alone but part of a franchise with multiple dealerships. The CS allocation would be to the group not the individual dealer, so the 3 slots mentioned above may be spread across 5 BMW dealerships.

I think a lot of delivery slots are June/July for the UK, unsure if it gets pushed back if you try and order a special colour - which doesnt appear to be on our configurator.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 04:02 PM   #144
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
I'm not sure how it works in the US but in the UK most BMW dealers are not stand alone but part of a franchise with multiple dealerships. The CS allocation would be to the group not the individual dealer, so the 3 slots mentioned above may be spread across 5 BMW dealerships.

I think a lot of delivery slots are June/July for the UK, unsure if it gets pushed back if you try and order a special colour - which doesnt appear to be on our configurator.
Yeah I’m not sure, my US BMW dealer is a standalone and not part of a franchise so I’m aware of their lone allocation only.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2023, 09:26 PM   #145
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
Yeah I’m not sure, my US BMW dealer is a standalone and not part of a franchise so I’m aware of their lone allocation only.
My dealer is part of the Penske franchise. They get their own allocations. I can’t imagine BMW trying to coordinate with the franchise owners instead of direct with the dealership.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
ScullyD5165.50
      03-20-2023, 09:33 PM   #146
kbb
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 24' M3cs, 23' 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
Sounds like non-US dealers might be getting more than 1 car.
I know my dealer in Canada is getting 2 CS allocation, but most are only getting 1 or none.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 09:41 AM   #147
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep

GUYS!! - I have been offered an allocation! The only this is the production is apparently locked 😭😭😭 and it is in black which is the one colour I didn’t want. Should I take it? I’ve heard all the 75 allocations have been taken.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 09:44 AM   #148
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
GUYS!! - I have been offered an allocation! The only this is the production is apparently locked 😭😭😭 and it is in black which is the one colour I didn’t want. Should I take it? I’ve heard all the 75 allocations have been taken.
Literally the only reason I haven’t agreed to it as of yet is because of the colour! Waiting to see if they can get a change on the colour.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 12:52 PM   #149
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep

Deposit placed. I will now be an owner of a black M3CS 🤭

Worst case If I don’t like the colour it will be spray PPF’d in BG satin finish.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2023, 12:57 PM   #150
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

M3CS - United States - week37
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 1
D2V77.50
      03-21-2023, 06:21 PM   #151
BKC4242
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW E89 Z4 35is

Garage List
Interesting look at the order and allocation process..

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 06:36 PM   #152
mpizutti
2018 M3CS Pittsburgh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 528 , 2018 M3CS 2020 M8

Garage List
2017 M3  [0.00]
2016 bmw m2351  [0.00]
stopped by my dealer today..no build week yet for my CS we looked up the cars in the BMW system found 13 that were produced but not shipped..all were black or grey
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 06:43 PM   #153
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep

Mine is expected to arrive by July. My SA said it’s a June build.

How long do these cars take to be made from scratch? I would’ve thought it would’ve taken longer then a month, however Germany is only really a 4 hour drive from the U.K 😅
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 08:39 PM   #154
thebigcheese
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpizutti View Post
stopped by my dealer today..no build week yet for my CS we looked up the cars in the BMW system found 13 that were produced but not shipped..all were black or grey
Lol one of them has to be mine. Ive been at port for over a week!
Appreciate 0