BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

02-26-2022, 02:00 PM   #23
masd79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
I had an M550 before my G80 and had an F80 before the M550. M550 is nice, luxurious, and fast. But one thing is for sure…it's boring!

That's why I sold my M8 Competition.. boooooring.
Same I had a f90 m5c..Fast but boring. Lacks the exhilarating experience the g80 gives.. although mine is carbon seats I wonder how much of an experience killer are the softer standard seats. I can feel the road in my carbon seats… need to try before I get a g83c without carbon seats.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 03:57 AM   #24
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by masd79 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I had an M550 before my G80 and had an F80 before the M550. M550 is nice, luxurious, and fast. But one thing is for sure…it's boring!

Same I had a f90 m5c..Fast but boring. Lacks the exhilarating experience the g80 gives.. although mine is carbon seats I wonder how much of an experience killer are the softer standard seats. I can feel the road in my carbon seats… need to try before I get a g83c without carbon seats.
Tell me more about the G80 vs M5C please.
I am about to trade in my M5C for a M4C xdrive, also looking for a more exhilarating experience
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 11:42 AM   #25
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
I am about to trade in my M5C for a M4C xdrive, also looking for a more exhilarating experience
If I may--- my thoughts are in this thread as a former F90 owner, current F93 owner, and two time G80 owner:

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1893714
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
brava09767.00
      02-28-2022, 09:46 AM   #26
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Lowest I would go is a carerra S and if you spec it right you're looking at 150k.. and in that range your nearing decent used McLaurin's, R8..
Agreed. The base is fun, but the S is a much better match IMO too.
      02-28-2022, 11:42 AM   #27
stevehifi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 ZCP

Surprised OP doesn't have model Y since it looks like OP is steering more towards an SUV. Although I hear the model Y wait times are pretty long these days.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 03:06 PM   #28
masd79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i MSport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can feel the road more, more drama, but then mine are carbon buckets, so that maybe adding more feel. The auto downshifts in sports plus feels more appropriate, shifts more aggressively when to coming to a halting stop or cornering. G80 has this go kart feel and the m5 was more of a grand touring feel. The only thing I miss is the 0 losses from the dig (never raced any official sub 2.5 second cars), and the amazing BW sound system.
Appreciate 1
brava09767.00
      03-06-2022, 09:51 AM   #29
blinkme323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

MYP would be at the top of my list. Great utility, but not a full blown SUV. Ridiculously fast. Build quality improving, especially those that will be coming out of Austin.

Others I might consider though are the new RS3 and the Golf R.
      03-15-2022, 03:53 PM   #30
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
If I may--- my thoughts are in this thread as a former F90 owner, current F93 owner, and two time G80 owner:

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1893714
Haha, thanks for that, just took delivery of an M4 Competition xdrive.
Can't push it much for now, but feels already more exciting than the M5C.
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 2
'Cane8459.00
Vic5519211.50
      03-22-2022, 07:57 AM   #31
karlkir5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435d X-drive

I am facing the same problem, I am looking for a car that is fun to drive, has practical luggage space, AWD is almost a must and in addition, I would like the car to have a trailer hitch to tow snowmobile/jetski and so on.

Currently, I am hoping that a G8x M3 Touring has a trailer hitch as an option. Have seen photos of the G80 M3 fitted with a trailer hitch - so it is possible, not sure if it will be added from the factory.

Another car that ticks all the boxes is the new M240i. Yes, it has an option for a trailer hitch! Looks are still a bit awkward but seeing real photos and a bit retro styling has grown on me. Plus it is not over the top expensive, would like a bit more practical luggage space and a hatch but cannot have everything. Another problem that M240i has is M2 - afraid that the M240i will look bland when the new M2 comes out with wider arches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post

-Jaguar F-Pace SVR: I only drove this briefly, but the engine is INSANE. I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel of a Range Rover Sport Supercharged with this engine and it's great in that setting, but it's ratcheted way, way up in the F-Pace. There's no way there's a better-sounding or more characterful engine out there right now short of something truly exotic. Definitely the highlight of the vehicle for me, and something I can't stop thinking about, especially since there's nothing else like it and never will be again -- it's now or never. It rides really well, had nice steering, and seemed to handle well also -- it honestly felt fairly similar to the Macan in these aspects to me, but I didn't drive it long enough/was too distracted by the engine to give a more detailed assessment here. I can say that it clearly wasn't meant for the track and would obviously get dusted by a G8x in that regard, but my assumption is that many of you reading this are like me and don't care all that much about this aspect; on the street, I can say for sure that you would have to be hitting very illegal speeds to get anywhere near the F-Pace's limits. I'm more concerned about having something that is fun to drive on the street than outright capability, and the F-Pace certainly gives the G8x a run for its money in this regard, though with a different formula.
F-Type V8 facelift uses the same engine and is also AWD.

I have tried the P450 AWD and to me, it was surprisingly good. Yes, the platform is old but it still makes you feel good. R version has 575hp. Weight is 1735kg, 30kg more than G80 M3. F-Type is a hatchback so it has a usable boot and the simple sports car design is just beautiful. Quite sure that the M3/M4 platform is better dynamically but I enjoyed this car more than I expected.

Have tried out the F-Pace SVR - for me, the problem is the size that seemed closer to X5/GLE than Macan. The engine is wonderful and as before I was at Stelvio QV camp, the SVR made me doubt that.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 11:44 AM   #32
Ryan_sng
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ‘16 S3, G80 M3C (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlkir5 View Post
I am facing the same problem, I am looking for a car that is fun to drive, has practical luggage space, AWD is almost a must and in addition, I would like the car to have a trailer hitch to tow snowmobile/jetski and so on.

Currently, I am hoping that a G8x M3 Touring has a trailer hitch as an option. Have seen photos of the G80 M3 fitted with a trailer hitch - so it is possible, not sure if it will be added from the factory.

Another car that ticks all the boxes is the new M240i. Yes, it has an option for a trailer hitch! Looks are still a bit awkward but seeing real photos and a bit retro styling has grown on me. Plus it is not over the top expensive, would like a bit more practical luggage space and a hatch but cannot have everything. Another problem that M240i has is M2 - afraid that the M240i will look bland when the new M2 comes out with wider arches.

F-Type V8 facelift uses the same engine and is also AWD.

I have tried the P450 AWD and to me, it was surprisingly good. Yes, the platform is old but it still makes you feel good. R version has 575hp. Weight is 1735kg, 30kg more than G80 M3. F-Type is a hatchback so it has a usable boot and the simple sports car design is just beautiful. Quite sure that the M3/M4 platform is better dynamically but I enjoyed this car more than I expected.

Have tried out the F-Pace SVR - for me, the problem is the size that seemed closer to X5/GLE than Macan. The engine is wonderful and as before I was at Stelvio QV camp, the SVR made me doubt that.
I know Audi's get poo-pooed on here for their lack of driving dynamics, but have you possibly considered the RS3? Small but still practical, 4 doors, 400hp, fantastic sounding 5 cylinder engine. Only problem is the waitlist to get the new 8Y model.
      03-23-2022, 07:02 AM   #33
karlkir5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435d X-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_sng View Post
I know Audi's get poo-pooed on here for their lack of driving dynamics, but have you possibly considered the RS3? Small but still practical, 4 doors, 400hp, fantastic sounding 5 cylinder engine. Only problem is the waitlist to get the new 8Y model.
I have considered and the new updated AWD should be better but I still do not like the dynamics.

Recently saw a lap time comparison between M240i and RS3 and from that, I can conclude that RS3 is still a front-wheel-drive car that occasionally helps with rears and that drift-mode is a gimmick. Fighting oversteer all the time is not pleasant. Also cannot take a car seriously that has wider front tires than the rears. BMW making a not proper M-car that is as fast as a full RS is quite a bad look for Audi.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 01:20 PM   #34
XsltAnalyst
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80, 957 Cayenne

New Cayenne GTS or some flavor of taycan?

Or if the wait is too long for new ones you can take a look into picking up 958.2 Cayenne Turbo
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 10:14 PM   #35
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

I would highly suggest putting a deposit down on a GR Corolla if you are ok with manual only. Think Focus RS, but Toyota build quality….not as ‘high end’ as the other cars on your list, but it will be more fun, IMVHO.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 01:11 AM   #36
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

my advice:

wait the M4, then late next year put a deposit on a 992.2 turbo s e-hybrid AWD and maybe, swap the M4 with it in 2024.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 08:12 AM   #37
playswcars
///M-Thusiast
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 X5 M50i

Garage List
There is no substitute.

Past: G80 M3x, G80 M3, G05 X5, F82 M4, F87 M2C, F20 M140i
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 01:31 AM   #38
HNSKP
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M3 base

Garage List
2021 BMW G80 M3  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
I would highly suggest putting a deposit down on a GR Corolla if you are ok with manual only. Think Focus RS, but Toyota build quality….not as 'high end' as the other cars on your list, but it will be more fun, IMVHO.
GR Corolla isn't for everyone, but it's one of the few new cars that's caught my eye. Seems like a fantastic package that's actually hoonable on the street. I'm considering trading my g80 manual for it even though I don't want AWD.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 11:28 AM   #39
mray
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: GLC63AMGs, Mclaren 570s

I was in a similar situation as you, my previous daily was a F80 Comp, which I loved, before that I had an E63S (AWD) which was insane and one that should be on your list. Currently I'm driving a GLC 63s. I agree with you, I never felt comfortable in the handling department. It is overall a great car with a fantastic engine, I had the secondary cats hollowed out which adds some volume which I will definitely miss. I haven't driven the G80X, mine is on a boat on its way to me right now, but based on the reviews I think it will address any of the issues I had with the F80 platform. I have a feeling this just might be the perfect car for me. Let's see. I would start exploring slightly used E63s if you can find one, that car won't disappoint. If i wasn't driving an AMG right now, that would probably be my number 1 choice. But I feel the G80X can be very comparable for a lot less $$. Plus G80X front grill and all is just a stunner. I've barely seen any on the road but when I do I feel like it has a lot of road presence. Good Luck!

Quote:
Hey all,

I figured I'd start this thread for two reasons:
1. When buying a car, we all consider multiple models, but it's hard to test drive everything, let alone get a good impression from a short test drive when a salesperson is breathing down your neck.
2. Waitlists for the G8x are getting really long, to the point where nothing is available on lots and orders placed now will most often take close to a year (or more) to be delivered, and some of us either can't wait or don't have the patience to.

I also made it specifically for AWD alternatives, as that's something that's crucial to me, and a lot of the more natural comparisons (e.g., Giulia Quadrifoglio, CT4-V, C63, etc.) only concern RWD cars and already have threads.

Here are the vehicles I've considered, as well as any applicable driving impressions (I haven't driven everything). Feel free to add others you considered, and any impressions on any of them would be greatly appreciated, especially if you've driven a G8x of some sort and are able to compare. Annoyingly, I haven't driven a G8x myself, though I finally tracked one down to rent in the next few days, so I'll update my impressions then.

-Audi RS5 Sportback: This is the most direct competitor, and though I haven't driven it, I have an S5 Sportback. My S5 does everything very competently -- there's not really much to complain about -- but in a boring, clinical way. The RS5, from what I've heard, fixes this to an extent, but this is an aging platform at this point that feels dated to me (especially on the inside), and unless you love the looks of it, I don't know that there's a single thing it does better than the G8x aside from having more cargo space because of the hatch.

-Tesla Model 3 Performance: I have one at my second house, and it's simultaneously great and disappointing. The infotainment screen is awesome (though I wish there were a few more physical controls), the acceleration is obscene, and everything with it is just easy and just works. You save a ton on gas, servicing is much easier and cheaper, and the car itself is a ridiculously good deal -- in any non-track situation, it's as fast or faster than a G8x for $60k. The main downside is that I don't feel connected to it at all when driving. The steering is too quick and twitchy for my taste and has ZERO feel whatsoever -- it literally feels like driving a car in a video game. The suspension isn't refined at all and is somehow both harsh/crashy and bouncy, and you don't at all get that feeling of solidity and stability you get in basically any luxury German sedan, if you know what I mean. As a disclaimer, my car is a 2018, and I've heard the suspension has been improved over the last few years (to an extent), and when I pick my 2022 up in the next few weeks, I'll update this aspect of my assessment if it changes. The interior is a bit plain, but I've grown to be fine with that -- it keeps things feeling airy and modern, and it'll age much better than basically any other interior on the market right now. The seats are horrendous for a performance car and don't keep you at all planted in the corners. Overall, though, this thing packs a serious punch, especially at the price point, and if they tweak the suspension, steering, and seats, version 2.0 of this in a few years could be really special.

-BMW X3M/X4M: I haven't driven these, but from what I've heard, they handle exceptionally well for SUVs but ride significantly worse than the G8x (or anything else on this list, though the GLC63 is supposedly similar), and also allegedly feel a little muted in spite of the fact that they're immensely capable. It's also an aging platform, though the LCI brought it to a point where it at least looks pretty close to as modern as the G8x and has some of the mechanical upgrades. Very interested to hear whether anyone has more feedback on these.

-Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio: I wish an AWD Giulia existed, but this is fairly close and, in my experience, is the closest thing to a lifted sports car. The chassis is great, the engine sounds very good for a 6-cylinder and has lots of character, and the steering is really, really good. It also comes in some really cool, unique colors, which is a plus. The downside is that the interior feels essentially a decade old at this point, although I will say that the simplicity of it isn't necessarily bad, it still has 98% of the features of the G8x even if the implementation doesn't look as futuristic, and the materials quality on the post-2020 models is surprisingly good. They're also available right away, and at a solid discount. It should be noted that the dealership network is smaller, spottier, frequently changing (a fair number of dealerships are opening, but it seems an equal amount are shutting down), and there's a chance the plug could be pulled on the entire brand within a few years.

-Mercedes-AMG GLC63: I have one of these now, and to be honest, I've never really gotten along with it. The platform is old at this point, which really shows on the interior, and the whole interior design to me feels both a little dated and tackily over-designed (as if the designers thought more going on = more luxurious). The engine has ridiculous amounts of power and torque, but the transmission tuning is seriously awful, to the point I and many other owners thought there might be something wrong with it. It's constantly shifting, is extremely clunky when doing so, especially at low speeds, and when you want power in any mode except Sport + (and even then), you have to wait for it to shift down sometimes 4-5 gears, as it'll go up to 9th by like 50 mph. The suspension is also really, really stiff and crashes over any tiny imperfection. If they figured out the transmission mapping and hired away some Porsche engineers to sort the suspension out, this could be really, really good (I probably wouldn't be here writing this post, if that was the case), but this will be gone after this year, so that chance was missed.

-Porsche Macan: I've driven a 2015 Turbo a lot, and I have to say that the steering feel, chassis control, and gearbox are phenomenal, and it also rides beautifully. People frequently claim that it doesn't drive like an SUV, which is accurate to a point, but it also definitely doesn't drive like a sports car, either, and you can feel the weight and higher center of gravity. That being said, if you're not driving on a track, I'd expect the new GTS version of this to be close to as enjoyable as a G8x (and an argument could be made that it would be more enjoyable because of its more approachable limits) as a daily, and probably more comfortable due to the extra space and air suspension. It's only a few thousand more expensive, which makes it tempting, but I don't think it's any easier to get than a G8x, so if your concern is getting something quickly, this won't help.

-Jaguar F-Pace SVR: I only drove this briefly, but the engine is INSANE. I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel of a Range Rover Sport Supercharged with this engine and it's great in that setting, but it's ratcheted way, way up in the F-Pace. There's no way there's a better-sounding or more characterful engine out there right now short of something truly exotic. Definitely the highlight of the vehicle for me, and something I can't stop thinking about, especially since there's nothing else like it and never will be again -- it's now or never. It rides really well, had nice steering, and seemed to handle well also -- it honestly felt fairly similar to the Macan in these aspects to me, but I didn't drive it long enough/was too distracted by the engine to give a more detailed assessment here. I can say that it clearly wasn't meant for the track and would obviously get dusted by a G8x in that regard, but my assumption is that many of you reading this are like me and don't care all that much about this aspect; on the street, I can say for sure that you would have to be hitting very illegal speeds to get anywhere near the F-Pace's limits. I'm more concerned about having something that is fun to drive on the street than outright capability, and the F-Pace certainly gives the G8x a run for its money in this regard, though with a different formula.
Appreciate 1
T3F45.50
      09-29-2022, 02:21 PM   #40
Lakeside
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote:
Hey all,

I figured I'd start this thread for two reasons:
1. When buying a car, we all consider multiple models, but it's hard to test drive everything, let alone get a good impression from a short test drive when a salesperson is breathing down your neck.
2. Waitlists for the G8x are getting really long, to the point where nothing is available on lots and orders placed now will most often take close to a year (or more) to be delivered, and some of us either can't wait or don't have the patience to.

I also made it specifically for AWD alternatives, as that's something that's crucial to me, and a lot of the more natural comparisons (e.g., Giulia Quadrifoglio, CT4-V, C63, etc.) only concern RWD cars and already have threads.

Here are the vehicles I've considered, as well as any applicable driving impressions (I haven't driven everything). Feel free to add others you considered, and any impressions on any of them would be greatly appreciated, especially if you've driven a G8x of some sort and are able to compare. Annoyingly, I haven't driven a G8x myself, though I finally tracked one down to rent in the next few days, so I'll update my impressions then.

-Audi RS5 Sportback: This is the most direct competitor, and though I haven't driven it, I have an S5 Sportback. My S5 does everything very competently -- there's not really much to complain about -- but in a boring, clinical way. The RS5, from what I've heard, fixes this to an extent, but this is an aging platform at this point that feels dated to me (especially on the inside), and unless you love the looks of it, I don't know that there's a single thing it does better than the G8x aside from having more cargo space because of the hatch.

-Tesla Model 3 Performance: I have one at my second house, and it's simultaneously great and disappointing. The infotainment screen is awesome (though I wish there were a few more physical controls), the acceleration is obscene, and everything with it is just easy and just works. You save a ton on gas, servicing is much easier and cheaper, and the car itself is a ridiculously good deal -- in any non-track situation, it's as fast or faster than a G8x for $60k. The main downside is that I don't feel connected to it at all when driving. The steering is too quick and twitchy for my taste and has ZERO feel whatsoever -- it literally feels like driving a car in a video game. The suspension isn't refined at all and is somehow both harsh/crashy and bouncy, and you don't at all get that feeling of solidity and stability you get in basically any luxury German sedan, if you know what I mean. As a disclaimer, my car is a 2018, and I've heard the suspension has been improved over the last few years (to an extent), and when I pick my 2022 up in the next few weeks, I'll update this aspect of my assessment if it changes. The interior is a bit plain, but I've grown to be fine with that -- it keeps things feeling airy and modern, and it'll age much better than basically any other interior on the market right now. The seats are horrendous for a performance car and don't keep you at all planted in the corners. Overall, though, this thing packs a serious punch, especially at the price point, and if they tweak the suspension, steering, and seats, version 2.0 of this in a few years could be really special.

-BMW X3M/X4M: I haven't driven these, but from what I've heard, they handle exceptionally well for SUVs but ride significantly worse than the G8x (or anything else on this list, though the GLC63 is supposedly similar), and also allegedly feel a little muted in spite of the fact that they're immensely capable. It's also an aging platform, though the LCI brought it to a point where it at least looks pretty close to as modern as the G8x and has some of the mechanical upgrades. Very interested to hear whether anyone has more feedback on these.

-Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio: I wish an AWD Giulia existed, but this is fairly close and, in my experience, is the closest thing to a lifted sports car. The chassis is great, the engine sounds very good for a 6-cylinder and has lots of character, and the steering is really, really good. It also comes in some really cool, unique colors, which is a plus. The downside is that the interior feels essentially a decade old at this point, although I will say that the simplicity of it isn't necessarily bad, it still has 98% of the features of the G8x even if the implementation doesn't look as futuristic, and the materials quality on the post-2020 models is surprisingly good. They're also available right away, and at a solid discount. It should be noted that the dealership network is smaller, spottier, frequently changing (a fair number of dealerships are opening, but it seems an equal amount are shutting down), and there's a chance the plug could be pulled on the entire brand within a few years.

-Mercedes-AMG GLC63: I have one of these now, and to be honest, I've never really gotten along with it. The platform is old at this point, which really shows on the interior, and the whole interior design to me feels both a little dated and tackily over-designed (as if the designers thought more going on = more luxurious). The engine has ridiculous amounts of power and torque, but the transmission tuning is seriously awful, to the point I and many other owners thought there might be something wrong with it. It's constantly shifting, is extremely clunky when doing so, especially at low speeds, and when you want power in any mode except Sport + (and even then), you have to wait for it to shift down sometimes 4-5 gears, as it'll go up to 9th by like 50 mph. The suspension is also really, really stiff and crashes over any tiny imperfection. If they figured out the transmission mapping and hired away some Porsche engineers to sort the suspension out, this could be really, really good (I probably wouldn't be here writing this post, if that was the case), but this will be gone after this year, so that chance was missed.

-Porsche Macan: I've driven a 2015 Turbo a lot, and I have to say that the steering feel, chassis control, and gearbox are phenomenal, and it also rides beautifully. People frequently claim that it doesn't drive like an SUV, which is accurate to a point, but it also definitely doesn't drive like a sports car, either, and you can feel the weight and higher center of gravity. That being said, if you're not driving on a track, I'd expect the new GTS version of this to be close to as enjoyable as a G8x (and an argument could be made that it would be more enjoyable because of its more approachable limits) as a daily, and probably more comfortable due to the extra space and air suspension. It's only a few thousand more expensive, which makes it tempting, but I don't think it's any easier to get than a G8x, so if your concern is getting something quickly, this won't help.

I started out looking at M340i, which is all I really need and then some. I seriously considered the Macan but I cannot spec one without getting into G8X territory, so if I'm there I'm getting what I want. Not a fan of what Audi's doing there, worry about AR's reliability.
      09-30-2022, 11:04 PM   #41
JEM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by playswcars View Post
There is no substitute.
Honestly, for the money, I agree with this. Really not many options out there that offer what the G8X offers for the money.

Once the used market corrects, used G8Xs are going to be even greater value.
Appreciate 1
playswcars3624.50
      10-02-2022, 10:03 AM   #42
JetDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM3 View Post
Honestly, for the money, I agree with this. Really not many options out there that offer what the G8X offers for the money.

Once the used market corrects, used G8Xs are going to be even greater value.
Used G80's are becoming more common in the classifieds here. Problem is right now people are pricing them to get their money back on PPF, ceramic coating, tint, etc and sales tax. LOL. Such an interesting used car market we are seeing right now.
Appreciate 1