home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

06-19-2023, 07:17 PM   #1
ChemLab
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current - 2023 RAM TRX

2024 M4 - thoughts on M-Performance Carbon Fiber at port

I'm trying to figure out which parts I want installed - I like the front splitter. The car will have the CF package, too.

I think the other pieces look good too - skirts, winglets, etc., but I also think the gloss black pieces look good. The car will be a color other than white/gray/black.

Who's got just the CF package and the front splitter? Does that look odd? Who's got all the CF installed?

Show me some pictures! Thanks! Advice accepted too.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 07:29 PM   #2
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
I don't have my car yet, it's currently at the port. But what I went with is the carbon package, the rear winglets, and the side skirts. When I get it I'll post pics.

What I didn't get, is the splitter, because I'm putting on an aftermarket one (already bought).

In my opinion, it'll look badass if you do them all rather than just the splitter. Of course it's more pricey. But no such thing as too much carbon!! And in my opinion some of the aftermarket splitters are better than the OEM one
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 11:46 PM   #3
ChemLab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Love to see pics! Yeah. I have time to think about it. I'm struggling with color a bit, but I think I'm about there.

It looks like the skirts will help protect the body too, which is nice.

Were you able to negotiate a bit on the port options?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 02:27 AM   #4
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemLab View Post
Love to see pics! Yeah. I have time to think about it. I'm struggling with color a bit, but I think I'm about there.

It looks like the skirts will help protect the body too, which is nice.

Were you able to negotiate a bit on the port options?
Definitely man! I'm beyond eager. My first BMW! I'll make sure to send you some pictures once I get it. The dealership thinks next month!

Back to your car, color is a tough one. I went with Black Sapphire Metallic, but I'm getting it wrapped in an stealth ppf. So it'll look like a matte black with some metallic undertones.

Shoot me a PM with what colors you're thinking of so far. Maybe we can help get a "build" idea started. There's plenty of aftermarket carbon splitters I could give you links to as well. And only good ones, none of the cheap stuff of course

As to price, I got everything for sticker. B
Options, car, etc. Couldn't ask for much more.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 11:23 AM   #5
ChemLab
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Nice! Yeah, I'm at sticker too. I'm going to try to get some love on the PIOs, however. We will see how that goes!

I can tell you it will not be: white, black or any gray. I think I'm down to SPY, TR and IOMG. I've pretty much ruled out blue as well. AR is nice, but just a bit dark. I need to see these in person. Luckily, I've got some time.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 11:49 AM   #6
m4ml
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4CX BSM (Xpel Stealth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemLab View Post
I'm trying to figure out which parts I want installed - I like the front splitter. The car will have the CF package, too.

I think the other pieces look good too - skirts, winglets, etc., but I also think the gloss black pieces look good. The car will be a color other than white/gray/black.

Who's got just the CF package and the front splitter? Does that look odd? Who's got all the CF installed?

Show me some pictures! Thanks! Advice accepted too.
Advice: Get all of the CF that you're going to want, installed at the factory/port. I've yet to see aftermarket CF that can compare to OEM.

Just CF Package and port installed front splitter (I added the OEM CF side vents, but I don't think that detracts from your intent):
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 01:38 PM   #7
stikya
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ml View Post
Advice: Get all of the CF that you're going to want, installed at the factory/port. I've yet to see aftermarket CF that can compare to OEM.
#m4ml
My 24 is going into build shortly; I'm doing almost exactly what you have... all OEM carbon bits, w/ M Perf. front lip and the Xpel stealth over black.

Do you regret not getting the carbon grille? Pic 1 shows a gloss black Vorsteiner.

(I already bought the CF grille thinking if I didn't like it, I could easily wrap it gloss black for minimal cost.)

Luv the look! Really solidifies my plans .

Mods: Vorsteiner grille, MHC+ CF skirts & badges, MAD mid-pipe & SST valve controller, M.Perf. splitter.

Last edited by stikya; 08-30-2023 at 07:46 AM..
Appreciate 0