Turbo! Can I leave this here….

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/g...os-194435.html

https://vargasturbo.com/product/vtt-...arger-upgrade/
      07-26-2022, 04:50 PM   #2
NKGK20
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M , G80 on

My freind is doing 9.7 with e50. If you're not running 9 flat or better, turbo upgrade is worthless to me..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 07:33 PM   #3
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I think it's a 9.0-8.99 capable turbo kit. I do think the engine and trans is about as close to the limit as you want to go. In talking to Imran about the Red Bull brothers drift cars, they seemingly picked up close to 200 hp, with headwork, while keeping the cams stock.

The cams are said to be 272I/264E, from the factory, which was a popular cam duration combination in the 4G63 tuning world. I just find it hard to believe that head work picked up 200hp, while still keeping cams and the motor stock. Unless the true rod bender, is actually boost, and no horsepower and torque.

Appreciate 1
      07-26-2022, 07:39 PM   #4
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I think it's a 9.0-8.99 capable turbo kit. I do think the engine and trans is about as close to the limit as you want to go. In talking to Imran about the Red Bull brothers drift cars, they seemingly picked up close to 200 hp, with headwork, while keeping the cams stock.

The cams are said to be 272I/264E, from the factory, which was a popular cam duration combination in the 4G63 tuning world. I just find it hard to believe that head work picked up 200hp, while still keeping cams and the motor stock. Unless the true rod bender, is actually boost, and no horsepower and torque.
Seems very odd to gain 200 with just that🤷🏽*♂️
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 07:42 PM   #5
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Quote:

I agree 100% I said the same thing to Imran. But we're just going off of what the Red Bull M4 engineers are saying. They also seem to be the only ones to be able to get 1,080hp out of the motor without it eating itself. We had a little back and forth about it on Instagram. But this is the video of the explanation. As you can see, even Imran, was a little "oh, really?"

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 01:39 AM   #6
Alexvier
Private
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 325i M sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree 100% I said the same thing to Imran. But we're just going off of what the Red Bull M4 engineers are saying. They also seem to be the only ones to be able to get 1,080hp out of the motor without it eating itself. We had a little back and forth about it on Instagram. But this is the video of the explanation. As you can see, even Imran, was a little "oh, really?"

I watched the Drift bros build and followed them on YT too.
By working closely with the M division engineers to assist them with their build would have been an awesome experience.
In all t'was interesting watch.

Didn't they just now/recently also change their turbo again?

07-27-2022, 01:42 AM   #7
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexvier View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I watched the Drift bros build and followed them on YT too.
By working closely with the M division engineers to assist them with their build would have been an awesome experience.
In all t'was interesting watch.

Didn't they just now/recently also change their turbo again?

I think from what the engineer said when he was talking to Imran was they went to a single turbo and either went back to twin turbos, or the other way around. All of the fastest cars, I've ever seen, unless we're talking about 1,500-2,000 hp, are single turbo.

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 09:34 AM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Impressive!!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13596.50