G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

05-09-2021, 06:32 AM   #133
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagator View Post
After being unable to decide on one of the many shades of grey, I'm starting to come back to this color as my favorite. As many have said, black just feels very appropriate for this car (particularly if you don't like the front).

I will probably opt for the Extended Shadowline delete, because I think the black badges and pipes on the BSM just feels too much on this color. Has anyone else made the same choice?
Extended shadowline delete doesn't change the badges. It's body colored spoiler and mirrors and silver tailpipes.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 08:42 AM   #134
BLVCKBURN
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '24 - G82 - M4x Comp

Quote:
After being unable to decide on one of the many shades of grey, I'm starting to come back to this color as my favorite. As many have said, black just feels very appropriate for this car (particularly if you don't like the front).

I will probably opt for the Extended Shadowline delete, because I think the black badges and pipes on the BSM just feels too much on this color. Has anyone else made the same choice?
As said above, extended shadow-line delete does not work on badges. The badges are black because it is a competition package. You can not change this. Some people on this forum have made the grave mistake of ordering shadow-line delete and not knowing what it does.

This option removes the Extended Shadowline exterior trim elements including the black mirror caps, black rear spoiler, and black exhaust tips.

This option is more for cars that are not BSM
      05-09-2021, 12:58 PM   #135
BLVCKBURN
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

05-10-2021, 06:05 PM   #136
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAmerican View Post
Quote:

As said above, extended shadow-line delete does not work on badges. The badges are black because it is a competition package. You can not change this. Some people on this forum have made the grave mistake of ordering shadow-line delete and not knowing what it does.

This option removes the Extended Shadowline exterior trim elements including the black mirror caps, black rear spoiler, and black exhaust tips.

This option is more for cars that are not BSM
Even if you do have BSM though, that would result in those trim pieces being painted BSM, as opposed to solid black plastic? Or are they painted black in the shadowline trim?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 08:48 PM   #137
BLVCKBURN
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Even if you do have BSM though, that would result in those trim pieces being painted BSM, as opposed to solid black plastic? Or are they painted black in the shadowline trim?
I had that exact thought but hadn't seen any examples of a non-shadowline BSM M3/M4 to provide an answer. The only tell tale sight would be non-black exhaust tips at first sight.
      05-12-2021, 12:59 AM   #138
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Also with BSM you get the mirror caps and rear spoiler painted gloss black (not metallic black like BSM on the body).
It doesn't match very well actually (especially the gloss rear spoiler spoiler on the metallic trunk), with BSM the carbon exterior package is mandatory in my opinion.

Last edited by VIERsr; 05-12-2021 at 01:32 AM..
Appreciate 3
      05-13-2021, 01:18 PM   #139
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIERsr View Post
Also with BSM you get the mirror caps and rear spoiler painted gloss black (not metallic black like BSM on the body).
It doesn't match very well actually (especially the gloss rear spoiler spoiler on the metallic trunk), with BSM the carbon exterior package is mandatory in my opinion.
Ok, so they're gloss black, that's good to know.

I actually swapped out a bunch of trim pieces on my F82 for gloss black instead of BSM or chrome. I liked the look of them against the BSM.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2021, 03:05 PM   #140
BLVCKBURN
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

05-13-2021, 03:23 PM   #141
amrh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

Quote:
Is this true if you opt for Extended Shadowline delete? Thereby, only the exhaust would change, not the mirror caps and spoiler?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 04:31 PM   #142
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrh View Post
Is this true if you opt for Extended Shadowline delete? Thereby, only the exhaust would change, not the mirror caps and spoiler?
In that case your car will be all BSM (except the low gloss trim) with chrome exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 08:27 PM   #143
amrh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

Quote:
In that case your car will be all BSM (except the low gloss trim) with chrome exhaust.
Ok, thanks. That's what I thought. I'm between BSM or Skyscraper (assuming it becomes available in the US). Likely Fiona Red interior with either. But, if I get BSM, doing shadowline delete, because I like chrome exhaust on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 05:26 AM   #144
thehaloboy
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp G80

Quote:
These guys say their bucket seats have ventilation? Pretty certain the Carbon seats don't have ventilation...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 06:28 AM   #145
NYCMT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehaloboy View Post
Quote:
These guys say their bucket seats have ventilation? Pretty certain the Carbon seats don't have ventilation...
No. Just heated.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 08:48 AM   #146
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I don't think you guys understand what you're asking for with the chrome exhaust tips. They will be constantly soot covered unless you polish them twice weekly. The soot carbon cakes on and does not come off with standard cleaners. My black tips on X3MC are very very carbon caked and I clean them but it would take a lot of work to really keep them shiny.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 12:08 PM   #147
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
I don't think you guys understand what you're asking for with the chrome exhaust tips. They will be constantly soot covered unless you polish them twice weekly. The soot carbon cakes on and does not come off with standard cleaners. My black tips on X3MC are very very carbon caked and I clean them but it would take a lot of work to really keep them shiny.
With OPFs you'd solve the problem
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 11:17 PM   #148
BLVCKBURN
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Images like this really make me want to order a M4.
Courtesy of black.bimmer.m4 on instagram

---

---

JTO245274.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
      05-16-2021, 06:51 AM   #149
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

The M4 MUST be lowered on the back, it's incredibely high!

I will also get my M3 lowered, on the front 2cm and on the rear 1cm.

But the rear of the M4 is way too high...drop it and it looks really good!

And also, M3 and M4, need spacers.
Will do this on mine as well
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 09:23 AM   #150
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Really hard to beat a clean, black car.

I swore off the maintenance, but looking at these pics makes it hard not to come back...
      05-16-2021, 10:37 AM   #151
Art__Vandelay
Lieutenant Colonel
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
The M4 MUST be lowered on the back, it's incredibely high!

I will also get my M3 lowered, on the front 2cm and on the rear 1cm.

But the rear of the M4 is way too high...drop it and it looks really good!

And also, M3 and M4, need spacers.
Will do this on mine as well
From an aesthetic standpoint, I agree with you. But I'm still unsure what I would do (if I end up buying the G80). I have also lowered my F80 just slightly. And while I never regretted it purely from a looks perspective (quite the opposite), the rather harsh suspension did get a bit annoying over time. However, I don't remember what it was like when it was new respectively before I lowered it (I did it just a few months after I bought it). Maybe the lowering has not so much contributed to the hard ride, tough to say.

Not to mention the fact that the engineers work 3-4 years on the car and the suspension/chassis and you have to ask yourself whether it's smart to change something essential on it (some are convinced for the better, but that is often questionable).

But I agree, the Ms really do sit a bit too high for cars with a sporty aspiration, it's even more pronounced on the M4 than on the M3.
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50
      05-18-2021, 02:24 PM   #152
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Official BLACK SAPPHIRE METALLIC G80 M3 / G82 M4 Thread

Greetings- grinning ear to ear over here!

I wanted to say hello, as I've been lurking for a few months now. Simply woke up this AM and just felt like it was time!
Headed in earlier today to my local Sewell BMW of Grapevine (North Texas) in anticipation of placing an order & throwing said order into abyss & waiting my turn in line like everyone else for an allocation...

HOWEVER - It's now sold, as I am now the proud new owner of a 6MT BSM delivery refusal from a day or so prior!!!

Here's the spec:
BSM - 6MT Base
Parking assist
Executive pack (laserlight positive)
826M bi-color (love)
Carbon interior pack
Shadowline
BMW all weather mats

Here's the story:
What I was fed- client spec'd for either exterior carbon / bucket seat combo, which was not what was delivered... Whether the case or not, I am tickled to death to be in the vehicle, and consider myself quite fortunate compared to most of the delay/allocation/chip-hindering stories being shared on other threads.

Here's the deal:
Due to prior business, they provided me 1K off MSRP,
500 BMW loyalty cash, .09% BMW financing and had them include with deal the wheel / tire protection plan as 0 zero line item (after bending one on the 5'er last year, no thanks) Context short- I am just walking out at $75,900- & feel confident with the deal.

Any other North Texas owners already into their car?
More importantly, anyone waiting on one and wanna take a peak/spin?
Let's grab a cold one and learn together!!

-Matt
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Scorp!on1511.50
mmckenzie216.50
W///7485.00
Cinco156.00
mathys202.50
      05-22-2021, 06:45 PM   #153
HB32
Rep
Drives: X5

Are these the M Shadowline headlights option?

Quote:
features the M Performance Carbon Fiber front lip
edit: And Carbon Fiber M3 side vents.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 07:10 PM   #154
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB32 View Post
Are these the M Shadowline headlights option?
yes
Appreciate 0