BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

04-21-2024, 11:20 AM   #155
///M_Sandman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW M4 Comp Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontog82 View Post
Thanks!
Morning Lynn officially docked in NY🗽🇺🇸
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-23-2024, 04:43 PM   #156
srtullio
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 Ferrari F8 Tributo

In transit to dealer! Hoping for a weekend delivery!
Appreciate 2
Dnshift156.50
      04-24-2024, 12:18 AM   #157
vettejunkie23
Rep
Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Z06

So, check this out...

M3 made it to the dealer, and I drove two hours to pick it up only to find out it had been damaged by transport company. Looks like someone took sandpaper to the bumper, hood, and both fenders. Oh, and there is a dent in the hood!

You cannot understand my level of frustration. I realize it's not the dealerships' fault, but I so want to be violent right now.

My options at this point are to unwind the deal or wait on repairs. Unwinding the deal puts me out of a 24 which is what I want but 25 allocations are near impossible and 25s are too far out. Drawback to waiting for repair is that damaged panels/hood/etc will need to be repainted. Super skeptical about paint jobs.

Attaching pictures but they don't do justice to the way the car looks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 12:38 AM   #158
jbirb305
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 mazdaspeed 3, mazda cx-30

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettejunkie23 View Post
So, check this out...

M3 made it to the dealer, and I drove two hours to pick it up only to find out it had been damaged by transport company. Looks like someone took sandpaper to the bumper, hood, and both fenders. Oh, and there is a dent in the hood!

You cannot understand my level of frustration. I realize it's not the dealerships' fault, but I so want to be violent right now.

My options at this point are to unwind the deal or wait on repairs. Unwinding the deal puts me out of a 24 which is what I want but 25 allocations are near impossible and 25s are too far out. Drawback to waiting for repair is that damaged panels/hood/etc will need to be repainted. Super skeptical about paint jobs.

wow.. im sorry...thats just unacceptable. maybe your dealer can contact bmw to get you a 2025 allocation or 2024 allocation even, ASAP. whats the transport company doing about this?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 12:45 AM   #159
vettejunkie23
Rep
Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbirb305 View Post
wow.. im sorry...thats just unacceptable. maybe your dealer can contact bmw to get you a 2025 allocation or 2024 allocation even, ASAP. whats the transport company doing about this?
Dealership will have to make a claim w/transport company. Dealership GM stated they will not wait on the claim to repair, they are currently inspecting it to get damage list and quote.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 02:07 PM   #160
X3Bimmer22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettejunkie23 View Post
So, check this out...

DAMN! i am sorry to see that damage. That sucks man. Wonder if it was peppered with rocks while in transport. Really think these expensive cars should come with more protection for shipping. Hope it all gets sorted out for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 02:54 PM   #161
///M_Sandman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW M4 Comp Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3Bimmer22 View Post
DAMN! i am sorry to see that damage. That sucks man. Wonder if it was peppered with rocks while in transport. Really think these expensive cars should come with more protection for shipping. Hope it all gets sorted out for you.
BMWs used to always come on covered trucks (or at least here in Western NY from the previous 5 that I ordered), but since I have been back on Bimmerpost with my new order I have been seeing lots of pics of them arriving at dealerships on regular old open car carriers. Don't know if this is another deterioration of BMW (or the world in general) on quality to save a buck.
Appreciate 0