BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

02-14-2024, 11:34 AM   #1
mjj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4 Comp -on order

Special order for 2025 coupe submitted

I have been lurking the forum for the past month trying to decide if I purchase a 2024 off the lot or order a 2025 model. Last night while browsing the picture section I came across a color combo that spoke to me.

Walked into the local dealer and walked out 45 min later with a special order for the upcoming 2025 M4 Competition Xdrive coupe.

Color will be special order Verde British Racing Green with the Tartufo full leather sport seats with nearly all options.

I will be ordering BC Forged wheels in champagne bronze to complement the car as well.

This will be my first BMW. Excited to lean into the BMW community. I have been a member of multiple car forums in the past (GTR, GT500). I am excited about a car that blends true sports car handing and performance with luxury.

I will also will want to lower the car. I would appreciate any proven recommendations for lowering the car. Products and vendors would be great. I do not plan to track the car and I am not concerned about the cost of products/install. I just want to make sure it is a great system.

Thanks for listening. I have much to learn about the BMW M4.

Tag
Appreciate 12
Berzerker2916.50
mirob3068.00
Needsdecaf6636.00
smaglik529.00
Lupeskew605.50
Rambler208.50
2011ninja3402.00
s58544.00
achawla10189.50
Aalfred2620.50
      02-14-2024, 11:39 AM   #2
M4ord
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Congratulations on the order. Great combo and I think the rims will make it pop more.

Can't offer any suggestions on the lowering as I left mine at standard height. Recalling most posts I have read on the subject, if you go with the dealer you can ensure any issues are covered under warranty.

Check on the delivery subforum to understand how long your wait will be and how to track till delivery, if you are into that.

Safe Travels!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 11:42 AM   #3
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Congrats! There's a ton of information here about various aspects of what stuff in the car does and replacement parts for making the car sound much better and fixing some nitpicky things (break squeal might get you initially :P).

The first-party M Performance Suspension (which is similar, if not identical to the KW HAS kit) is a popular option that people seem to enjoy, you can contact your CA at the dealer to inquire about adding it on. I believe it's something like $2200. But there's an entire forum for discussing springs and suspension changes, you can go explore.

Feel free to search around and ask some additional questions if you can't find any answers
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 11:43 AM   #4
mjj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4ord View Post
Congratulations on the order. Great combo and I think the rims will make it pop more.

Can't offer any suggestions on the lowering as I left mine at standard height. Recalling most posts I have read on the subject, if you go with the dealer you can ensure any issues are covered under warranty.

Check on the delivery subforum to understand how long your wait will be and how to track till delivery, if you are into that.

Safe Travels!
Appreciate the advice on the order tracking. I will definitely follow up with the dealer. I went through hell during Covid when I ordered a new Ford Bronco Wildtrak. That ended up taking just shy of 3 years to get from reservation to delivery!
Appreciate 2
M4ord791.50
      02-14-2024, 11:45 AM   #5
mjj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Congrats! There's a ton of information here about various aspects of what stuff in the car does and replacement parts for making the car sound much better and fixing some nitpicky things (break squeal might get you initially :P)

Feel free to search around and ask some additional questions if you can't find any answers
Thanks for the advice. I am used to break squeal coming from a GTR with the race pads. If it can be minimized, I am up for that.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 11:50 AM   #6
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj View Post
Thanks for the advice. I am used to break squeal coming from a GTR with the race pads. If it can be minimized, I am up for that.
Well if you don't mind you can keep the stock brakes (brembo OEM), they are very dusty though. Lots of folks have luck switching to EBC Redsuff or iSweep 1500 brakepads which don't perform *quite* as well, but still are more than good enough for dailying. Plenty of information out there in the brakes section
Appreciate 1
mjj177.50
      02-14-2024, 12:09 PM   #7
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Welcome and congrats, great color combo. I see that you're not new, but you've never posted before, there's a lot of great info and knowledge here but remember to
Appreciate 2
mirob3068.00
mjj177.50
      02-14-2024, 12:54 PM   #8
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Welcome and congrats, great color combo. I see that you're not new, but you've never posted before, there's a lot of great info and knowledge here but remember to
The man remembered his login after a decade. Surely he can remember that?!?!?
Appreciate 3
'Cane8562.50
mjj177.50
      02-14-2024, 01:02 PM   #9
mjj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
The man remembered his login after a decade. Surely he can remember that?!?!?
LOL. I forgot I even registered a decade ago. Yes, I needed to re-submit for a new password.
Appreciate 1
mirob3068.00
      02-14-2024, 01:53 PM   #10
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
LOL. I forgot I even registered a decade ago. Yes, I needed to re-submit for a new password.
Welcome back! Love the spec! You got plenty of time to kill on research while you're waiting - don't hesitate to ask if you can't find what you're looking for.

If you're already dead set on lowering the car, maybe the MP HAS is the right kit for you. You can get it installed at the port and it's covered by warranty (unless that's changed).
Appreciate 1
mjj177.50
      02-14-2024, 04:52 PM   #11
Adcampo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Manual

Congrats. Sounds like a nice build. I got port installed HAS @ $2820. Very happy with the look. Definitely firmer than stock but eliminates most of the wheel gap. I’m sure there are a cheaper or better options, but you can’t go wrong with factory parts/install/warranty.
mjj177.50
      02-14-2024, 08:17 PM   #12
SimpleJacksCousin
Registered
Rep
Drives: No Car yet

mjj

I am looking to place the same order for a 2025 M4 Comp xDrive, but have been getting conflicting information from dealerships. I found one that claims someone backed out of their allocation and there are 3 others ahead of me if I want to build one with them. They said it would likely arrive around July.

The other 2 larger dealerships in my state both said there isn’t even ordering guides for them yet, so they wouldn’t be able to get me in until likely summer time for an order and then a late fall release.

May I ask how you were able to order the car without knowing what additional colors are available for it yet or any other options/options that may have been removed for the LCI?

Any other details you can provide as far as what the dealership is saying as far as timelines or what number you are in the waitlist (if there even is one)? Also, do you actually have an order in and can view the progress? How much was your deposit?

I have never allocated/built a vehicle before. I had a 2021 Shelby GT500 and that was a pain to get in hand as well. Just trying to get my head around what others have been thru to help navigate the half truths the sales people tell. lol.

Thank you kindly

Last edited by SimpleJacksCousin; 02-14-2024 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 08:25 PM   #13
suresht
Rep
Drives: x5

Congrats! seems like an aweome build.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 08:34 PM   #14
suresht
Rep
Drives: x5

same question here as well.

i was also waiting for the 2025 configuration to be ready via bmw site do factor order.
even my SA doent know much about it tho i was told to wait till the March 2025?

can you please explain how the order is made so we can follow the same. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 08:36 PM   #15
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleJacksCousin View Post
mjj

I am looking to place the same order for a 2025 M4 Comp xDrive, but have been getting conflicting information from dealerships. I found one that claims someone backed out of their allocation and there are 3 others ahead of me if I want to build one with them. They said it would likely arrive around July.

The other 2 larger dealerships in my state both said there isn’t even ordering guides for them yet, so they wouldn’t be able to get me in until likely summer time for an order and then a late fall release.

May I ask how you were able to order the car without knowing what additional colors are available for it yet or any other options/options that may have been removed for the LCI?

Any other details you can provide as far as what the dealership is saying as far as timelines or what number you are in the waitlist (if there even is one)? Also, do you actually have an order in and can view the progress? How much was your deposit?

I have never allocated/built a vehicle before. I had a 2021 Shelby GT500 and that was a pain to get in hand as well. Just trying to get my head around what others have been thru to help navigate the half truths the sales people tell. lol.

Thank you kindly

Post #1 here has the ordering and pricing guides for MY25 G82 and G83. You can print up the PDFs and take them into those dealerships, but I wouldn’t waste your time. You can also use a broker, for a small fee, and he’ll find you an allocation. Day Laborer

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2079727
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2024, 08:42 PM   #16
SimpleJacksCousin
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Post #1 here has the ordering and pricing guides for MY25 G82 and G83. You can print up the PDFs and take them into those dealerships, but I wouldn’t waste your time. You can also use a broker, for a small fee, and he’ll find you an allocation. Day Laborer

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2079727
Thank you so much for this. I was given something similar from dealer #1 but it wasn’t as detailed as these guides.

Can you elaborate on why you wouldn’t bother going into a dealership and hiring someone to find an allocation for me? Do sales people generally hose people around for their deposits and not get your order in when it comes to placing an order for this platform?

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2024, 08:58 PM   #17
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you so much for this. I was given something similar from dealer #1 but it wasn’t as detailed as these guides.

Can you elaborate on why you wouldn’t bother going into a dealership and hiring someone to find an allocation for me? Do sales people generally hose people around for their deposits and not get your order in when it comes to placing an order for this platform?

Thanks!
Not saying that exactly, but you said the two larger dealers you visited didn’t know about the order guides, so either they’re lying, or very bad at their jobs. I wouldn’t work with them, or at the very least, find a CA (Client Advisor) that knows what they’re talking about.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 09:05 PM   #18
SimpleJacksCousin
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Not saying that exactly, but you said the two larger dealers you visited didn’t know about the order guides, so either they’re lying, or very bad at their jobs. I wouldn’t work with them, or at the very least, find a CA (Client Advisor) that knows what they’re talking about.
Understood. I got the distinct feeling that they were just lazy or maybe figured I wasn’t a serious buyer on the phone calling in (again not wise if you’re in sales to make money). So I stuck to the first dealership who says they have 1 allocation that someone backed out of.

I’ll continue to try to work with this dealership to see if I can get anywhere.

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 09:09 PM   #19
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Don’t just settle on one because they didn’t blow smoke up your butt. There’s a lot of help here if you look for it, and there are a lot of dealers out there and you don’t have to by from one just because they’re nearby.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2024, 09:22 PM   #20
Vishal50028
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competion RWD

Man, you aren't f-in around! I'm tempted to get rid of my 22 next year or so for a tanzanite on Fiona or was thinking verde on black
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 09:23 PM   #21
mjj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
mjj

Thank you kindly
I simply walked into the dealer with the intent of asking for info. I fortunately got connected with a knowledgeable CA. I showed him a picture of the m4 I wanted and asked if they had any available allocations left for 2025. He said they had 1 left. I asked if I could order the exact color via special order (Verde British Racing Green). He said he would have to check with corporate. He went away and came back and said it was a go to get the color. He told me they could order now and the 25’s would start being built late march/early April as I recall. He said the special order paint would probably add 5 weeks to the timing. We talked through the options i wanted and submitted the order and gave me a copy of the build spec along with a signed purchase order. Deposit required was 5K.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 10:03 PM   #22
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I simply walked into the dealer with the intent of asking for info. I fortunately got connected with a knowledgeable CA. I showed him a picture of the m4 I wanted and asked if they had any available allocations left for 2025. He said they had 1 left. I asked if I could order the exact color via special order (Verde British Racing Green). He said he would have to check with corporate. He went away and came back and said it was a go to get the color. He told me they could order now and the 25’s would start being built late march/early April as I recall. He said the special order paint would probably add 5 weeks to the timing. We talked through the options i wanted and submitted the order and gave me a copy of the build spec along with a signed purchase order. Deposit required was 5K.
Just curious, did they give you a production number? I’m not saying they don’t have an allocation for you, but it’s all too common. Also, there is an approval process for individual colors, do you have paperwork showing it’s been approved yet?
Appreciate 2