BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-29-2021, 01:50 PM   #177
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIM5 View Post
Bumped to week1. Just got off the phone with genius.
As far as I know, week 1 does not exist.
First one of the year is week 2 or 3 I'm not sure.

Last edited by Ruyseart; 11-29-2021 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 01:59 PM   #178
wasya152
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3CS

Had a 12/8 production start date and just found out that it's being delayed. Probably the carbon seats or laser lights. I've pretty much selected all options except CCB and carbon exterior package. Damn. ,😭 It's already been a brutal wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 02:07 PM   #179
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasya152 View Post
Had a 12/8 production start date and just found out that it's being delayed. Probably the carbon seats or laser lights. I've pretty much selected all options except CCB and carbon exterior package. Damn. ,😭 It's already been a brutal wait.
Its the carbon buckets, same thing happened to me. What week did you get pushed to?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 02:51 PM   #180
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpain View Post
As far as I know, week 1 does not exist.
First one of the year is week 2 or 3 I'm not sure.
Week 1 starts from January 3rd which is when the factory restarts production after a break starting from December 17th.
Appreciate 1
MIM5218.00
      11-29-2021, 03:50 PM   #181
maxsaint
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335XI - BMW M2 LBB LCI -X5

Does anyone know how long does it take to get an allocation? I am in North Jersey. Put in my order on Oct 29th (last month) but I am still in the waiting line. 3 people are ahead of me to get on allocation.

The sales person has no idea when will be the allocation. They haven't been any help. Does anyone know on average how often BMW releases the allocation and how has been your experience in your area from ordering to build date?

2022 - BMW M3 Competition xDrive Aventurine Red
2017 - BMW X5 M Sport Carbon Black LCI
2018 - BMW M2 Long Beach Blue LCI
2016 - PORSCHE GT4 Sapphire Blue
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 01:23 AM   #182
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Spoke to BMW Genius today, my car is scheduled to be finished week 50 rather than begin at week 50! Music to my ears He gave me a date of 12/15 barring any setbacks, but it's status 150 and so he said it's not likely to stretch into next year. Glad I ordered my mods now rather than later, as I genuinely had no hopes of obtaining this car before March, and now an end of January/February delivery is very possible if there aren't any setbacks at the port. I'm about to opt out of the Eye Care 2.0 just in case they hold it back for that reason since that's done at port lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsaint View Post
Does anyone know how long does it take to get an allocation? I am in North Jersey. Put in my order on Oct 29th (last month) but I am still in the waiting line. 3 people are ahead of me to get on allocation.

The sales person has no idea when will be the allocation. They haven't been any help. Does anyone know on average how often BMW releases the allocation and how has been your experience in your area from ordering to build date?
Unfortunately, the number of allocations given to dealerships is dictated by BMW and thus there is no way to accurately say when your dealership will get an allocation. They may give your dealership 1 each month, or 2, or none at all. Allocations tend to drop at a specific time so you may want to be on the hunt right around then as some people put their names on the order bank but get tired of waiting so when their name gets called, they decline and the allocation goes to the next person.

Be vigilant, and take some time out of your day if you're serious about getting an allocation/a decent spot. I don't even remember how many dealerships I called (must've been 25+) asking if they had any allocations/how many people they had in their order bank, and I made sure to be nice and courteous as I'm sure people call every day. I let them know to call me if they get an allocation as I'm looking to spec one up very nicely and be a repeat customer since it's a lease. I lucked out and got an allocation within 2 weeks, but I think demand is a bit higher now so you're a bit more unlikely to get an allocation immediately. However, you'll never know unless you try.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1
maxsaint130.50
      11-30-2021, 01:32 AM   #183
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Remember that status 112 means nothing. It's an authomatic move of the AG System. If the car will not enter the official production queue, the system will go back to 111.

Until you don't see 150 along with a VIN our cars are only "on paper" unfortunately.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 03:32 AM   #184
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
Remember that status 112 means nothing. It's an authomatic move of the AG System. If the car will not enter the official production queue, the system will go back to 111.

Until you don't see 150 along with a VIN our cars are only "on paper" unfortunately.
Do you mean until you do see 150 and have a VIN? Because I'm in 150 and have a VIN, I hope it's fair to say I probably won't get pushed back until next year?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 05:39 AM   #185
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Quote:

Do you mean until you do see 150 and have a VIN? Because I'm in 150 and have a VIN, I hope it's fair to say I probably won't get pushed back until next year?
If you are in status 150 you're fine, unless you got any stop sale at the port.
Once you have a VIN, your car is real.
V-Eight791.50
      11-30-2021, 08:36 AM   #186
Spykexx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Finally get to join a build week thread! 😂 Called this morning, and was told that I was bumped up. Obviously not getting any hopes up, but that'd be awesome if so. Got my allocation 11/26, moved to 112 the next day, called today with a build week of 50. He said it was scheduled for week 2, but because of shortage of other parts and others getting pushed later I was bumped to week 50. While not gospel, he said with what they currently have missing, he said low optioned cars are being pushed pretty quickly to make up time. (And some of the recent orders getting pushed pretty quickly through in just a few weeks seems to back that idea up)
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 01:14 PM   #187
og_e46
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46; G80 M3C FDG; X7 M50i

Sounds plausible. My individual order (with all the carbon bits, laser lights, etc) was pushed out from wk50 to wk7.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 03:09 PM   #188
wasya152
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3CS

Well, dealer is telling me that my 12/8 production date is pushed back to 2/6 now. WTF, this sucks.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 03:34 PM   #189
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasya152 View Post
Well, dealer is telling me that my 12/8 production date is pushed back to 2/6 now. WTF, this sucks.
Ay-yo! Welcome to the club!

Join my week 5 thread. We can be miserable together.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 10:21 PM   #190
kyleguy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E63S AMG

Called Genius. Still 112 and still targeting week 50. But I'm expecting the bump as we get closer to next week, sigh.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 03:40 AM   #191
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
yeah, sorry.....a digiting error

by the way......mine is still bumped to 2022 unknown week........ I think I'm one of the hardocore veterans waiters at this point.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2021, 04:01 AM   #192
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
yeah, sorry.....a digiting error

by the way......mine is still bumped to 2022 unknown week........ I think I'm one of the hardocore veterans waiters at this point.
No doubt you are one of the hard line veterans of the waiting issue.
Didn't they give you an expected build week or something?
2022 seems a too vague prediction for me.
      12-01-2021, 08:32 AM   #193
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Spoke to BMW Genius today, my car is scheduled to be finished week 50 rather than begin at week 50! Music to my ears He gave me a date of 12/15 barring any setbacks, but it's status 150 and so he said it's not likely to stretch into next year. Glad I ordered my mods now rather than later, as I genuinely had no hopes of obtaining this car before March, and now an end of January/February delivery is very possible if there aren't any setbacks at the port. I'm about to opt out of the Eye Care 2.0 just in case they hold it back for that reason since that's done at port lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsaint View Post

Unfortunately, the number of allocations given to dealerships is dictated by BMW and thus there is no way to accurately say when your dealership will get an allocation. They may give your dealership 1 each month, or 2, or none at all. Allocations tend to drop at a specific time so you may want to be on the hunt right around then as some people put their names on the order bank but get tired of waiting so when their name gets called, they decline and the allocation goes to the next person.

Be vigilant, and take some time out of your day if you're serious about getting an allocation/a decent spot. I don't even remember how many dealerships I called (must've been 25+) asking if they had any allocations/how many people they had in their order bank, and I made sure to be nice and courteous as I'm sure people call every day. I let them know to call me if they get an allocation as I'm looking to spec one up very nicely and be a repeat customer since it's a lease. I lucked out and got an allocation within 2 weeks, but I think demand is a bit higher now so you're a bit more unlikely to get an allocation immediately. However, you'll never know unless you try.

Our cars must be together. Just spoke to Genius for an update. Estimated completion for my Mexico Blue Beast is 12/13. Currently on track! Can't wait! I think for you on the east coast, if no major delays, January is a real possibility. For me in socal- I'm thinking early/ mid February.
Appreciate 1
AhsanU3789.00
      12-01-2021, 02:25 PM   #194
iqstick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Our cars must be together. Just spoke to Genius for an update. Estimated completion for my Mexico Blue Beast is 12/13. Currently on track! Can't wait! I think for you on the east coast, if no major delays, January is a real possibility. For me in socal- I'm thinking early/ mid February.
Mine is estimated to complete 12/15. If the factory indeed closes after the 17th I wonder if they will be still shipping completed cars out of the factory or if we have to wait until after the new year to leave the factory and get to the port.
      12-01-2021, 03:01 PM   #195
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqstick View Post
Quote:
Mine is estimated to complete 12/15. If the factory indeed closes after the 17th I wonder if they will be still shipping completed cars out of the factory or if we have to wait until after the new year to leave the factory and get to the port.

I really hope not…
Time will tell.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 11:02 PM   #196
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqstick View Post
Quote:
I really hope not…
Time will tell.
I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks to see. The production line might close after a certain date, but if our cars are completed, then the task of arranging shipping/transportation may be given to another team that doesn't stop at the same time as the production team. I'll contact BMW Genius in a week or so with that question if anything.

But if we've got a VIN, then we can happily say we're getting our cars soon. It just pains me that a few of you other guys have literally been waiting months and just keep getting screwed by one thing or another.

Guess I'll have to seriously consider some winter tyres if it's coming around January/February or so. There aren't many left to pick from, but I guess I'll have to make do. Goddamn I'm so excited
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      12-02-2021, 01:10 AM   #197
V-Eight
Captain
Rep

Quote:
For my delaer's system, I'm still scheduled for week 49....but...my friend in Munich doesn't see anything for Italy...so.....as it happened the previous five times...I've been delayed, and the system is not updated real time.

By the way....week 50 is the last week of production for Munich plant. After week 50, they'll close for Christmas Holidays guys. It seems that all of us still waiting...will have a 2022 build. How many of you are waiting the same thing I am (starting to think to swap the order for the july refreshed model at this point)?. We would all be mocked if we would receive our cars two/three months prior the refreshed model release after waiting more than a year for the current one.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 03:18 AM   #198
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
For my delaer's system, I'm still scheduled for week 49....but...my friend in Munich doesn't see anything for Italy...so.....as it happened the previous five times...I've been delayed, and the system is not updated real time.

By the way....week 50 is the last week of production for Munich plant. After week 50, they'll close for Christmas Holidays guys. It seems that all of us still waiting...will have a 2022 build. How many of you are waiting the same thing I am (starting to think to swap the order for the july refreshed model at this point)?. We would all be mocked if we would receive our cars two/three months prior the refreshed model release after waiting more than a year for the current one.
If I had a G80 I would consider waiting the LCI. I think G82 will not get any updates in 2022 though.