BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-25-2021, 05:35 PM   #155
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
I'm in 150!

I was anticipating a March delivery but if I get it in February, I may need to consider some winter tyres.

Not a bad problem to have!
Congrats!

I'm still in 112. The anxiety is killing me.
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2021, 07:14 PM   #156
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
I'm in 150!

I was anticipating a March delivery but if I get it in February, I may need to consider some winter tyres.

Not a bad problem to have!
Love it dude!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 10:32 AM   #157
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 xDrive

Bumped from 49 to 50. Fourth bump.
Salesman showed me an internal document where it said that due to laserlight shortage all builds with them are likely to be delayed after week 52.
I dont know if it was referred to Euro spec cars or all.
Tomorrow I will talk to the chief salesman of the dealership and if he does not give me an additional discount I will cancel order.
      11-26-2021, 06:22 PM   #158
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpain View Post
Salesman showed me an internal document where it said that due to laserlight shortage all builds with them are likely to be delayed after week 52.
Tomorrow I will talk to the chief salesman of the dealership and if he does not give me an additional discount I will cancel order.
I was also delayed and told it was because of the laser lights. Im in US.
      11-28-2021, 01:08 AM   #159
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I was also delayed and told it was because of the laser lights. Im in US.
from 49 back to an unknown week build due to laserlight and park assistant. I'm hopeful to drive it one day in my life at this point.

But I would never accept a car different from what I've ordered.

@Mspain in the meantime...as I'm feeling as you are.....I went to a friend who is an official Porsche dealer. Deliveries are between 10 and 13 months.
If you fully spec a brand new S class, Mercedes tells you the delivery is beginning 2024! 24 months! Unbelievable.

The only way is to keep the order or find out something ready for delivery or even used. the situation has collapsed as far as the supply chain is concerned, Munich plant is closed two days this week, and three days the next week due to lack of parts, and instead doing the usual 3 shifts, they'll do just one, and they've decreased the M3 daily production. This matter affects also Dingolfing plant where your M4 will be built.

It's official guys...we've ordered the car in the worst period ever for the automotive industry. The lucky ones who are receiving their cars...should go into a Church to light up a candle to thank God right now.

As for us....let's keep in contact, as soon as I'll have infos from Munich I'll post them here, hoping that they'll be good news one day for all of us.

by the way.......even Audi. I went to ask just the delivery time for an RS6. Here in Italy....14 months from the order. mad.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 2
      11-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #160
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post

I liked the other car so much I changed my build to match it. I went from fully loaded (sans race seats and CCB) Dravit/KO to Frozen grey with K/O.
      11-28-2021, 02:33 PM   #161
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Quote:
from 49 back to an unknown week build due to laserlight and park assistant. I'm hopeful to drive it one day in my life at this point.

@Mspain in the meantime...as I'm feeling as you are.....I went to a friend who is an official Porsche dealer. Deliveries are between 10 and 13 months.
If you fully spec a brand new S class, Mercedes tells you the delivery is beginning 2024! 24 months! Unbelievable.

The only way is to keep the order or find out something ready for delivery or even used. the situation has collapsed as far as the supply chain is concerned, Munich plant is closed two days this week, and three days the next week due to lack of parts, and instead doing the usual 3 shifts, they'll do just one, and they've decreased the M3 daily production. This matter affects also Dingolfing plant where your M4 will be built.

It's official guys...we've ordered the car in the worst period ever for the automotive industry. The lucky ones who are receiving their cars...should go into a Church to light up a candle to thank God right now.

As for us....let's keep in contact, as soon as I'll have infos from Munich I'll post them here, hoping that they'll be good news one day for all of us.

by the way.......even Audi. I went to ask just the delivery time for an RS6. Here in Italy....14 months from the order. mad.
I will give them one last chance, as I spoke to the chief salesman and promised me if car is produced for week 50 they can apply me the current 2021 tax (about 6k less) instead of the 2022 one.

They also lent me an X4M Competition for me to test this weekend as a "gift".
I had never tested an M car with xDrive and I can tell it is a beast, you can push pedal to the floor even with these cold and rainy days and car just jumps forward with no issue. This adds more impatience to receive mine which is some hundreds of kgs lighter with the same engine.

Anyways this week will be important, I will post any updates.
V-Eight791.50
      11-28-2021, 02:57 PM   #162
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Well, at least they give some time frame. I'm scheduled for 2022 which doesn't say much.

From what I've heard from a guy who works at the "band" in the Munich plant, they are working until December 17th then they take a break until January 3rd and all Saturdays will be working days in January. That would mean that build week 50 is the last build week this year.
Also, since November 1st every second car that comes off a line is a PHEV because until the end of the year there are bonuses for such vehicles.
Appreciate 1
V-Eight791.50
      11-28-2021, 03:33 PM   #163
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loma View Post
Quote:

Well, at least they give some time frame. I'm scheduled for 2022 which doesn't say much.

From what I've heard from a guy who works at the "band" in the Munich plant, they are working until December 17th then they take a break until January 3rd and all Saturdays will be working days in January. That would mean that build week 50 is the last build week this year.
Also, since November 1st every second car that comes off a line is a PHEV because until the end of the year there are bonuses for such vehicles.
Ordering this car has been a test on my patience and anxiety.
Appreciate 3
      11-28-2021, 11:52 PM   #164
billings86er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 Comp Xdrive (sold).

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2023 (at port) G80x  [0.00]
I got pushed to week 50 and my dealer "promised" car would start production by week 50...but I do have laser lights and I'm starting to think he's full of shit!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 12:15 AM   #165
jwt2440
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 - 6MT Triple Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by billings86er View Post
I got pushed to week 50 and my dealer "promised" car would start production by week 50...but I do have laser lights and I'm starting to think he's full of shit!
Unless he has direct control over your car being built in Germany he's talking out of his rear. I hate it when sales people make representations like that.
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2021, 01:18 AM   #166
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Yeah guys...also my patience is uder severe testing.

Let's hope for some of us to be for real on week 50 build....Mine, as always has been pushed again as I told you to 2022 (unknown week biuld). But elsewhere the situation is even worse....so we cannot do nothing.....if we think also that for every car we can buy instead of the M3/4, it won't be as the car we dreamed to own.

I know and I share your pain and frustration to see other lucky users receiving their car while we have ordered it last spring, but at the end of things....we cannot do more.

Glad to hear that the lent you, @Mspain., an X4M for the weekend, at least they're trying not to loose all the customers for the next turn.

I repeat myself. My main compliant is the total lack of informations from BMW towards its M customers. If I were them, I would write every week an email with upgrades, be them bad or good news.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 05:41 AM   #167
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Anyone move to 150 this week?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 07:29 AM   #168
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Yeah guys...also my patience is uder severe testing.

Let's hope for some of us to be for real on week 50 build....Mine, as always has been pushed again as I told you to 2022 (unknown week biuld). But elsewhere the situation is even worse....so we cannot do nothing.....if we think also that for every car we can buy instead of the M3/4, it won't be as the car we dreamed to own.

I know and I share your pain and frustration to see other lucky users receiving their car while we have ordered it last spring, but at the end of things....we cannot do more.

Glad to hear that the lent you, @Mspain., an X4M for the weekend, at least they're trying not to loose all the customers for the next turn.

I repeat myself. My main compliant is the total lack of informations from BMW towards its M customers. If I were them, I would write every week an email with upgrades, be them bad or good news.
WHITEUNDERARM was able to get info when the restrictions will be lifted for his market: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=14

I admire his patience but I won't wait that long. That would be almost 1,5 years after I placed my order.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 09:27 AM   #169
raywai2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I just moved to 150! Hopefully the car will be done before the factory shut down.

I obtained my allocation on 11/1 and have build week 50 all along. I have exe pack, laser lights, carbon seats, carbon trim and 826M black. Good luck everyone!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 09:31 AM   #170
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raywai2 View Post
I just moved to 150! Hopefully the car will be done before the factory shut down.

I obtained my allocation on 11/1 and have build week 50 all along. I have exe pack, laser lights, carbon seats, carbon trim and 826M black. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! I have the same spec as you except bicolor wheels.

Just got off the phone with genius. I am still at 112 but still on track for week 50. She said my car should move by next week!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 09:31 AM   #171
Ruyseart
Second Lieutenant
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loma View Post
WHITEUNDERARM was able to get info when the restrictions will be lifted for his market: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=14

I admire his patience but I won't wait that long. That would be almost 1,5 years after I placed my order.
That is a complete joke.
I wouldn't have such patience either.
I just went to return the X4M today and checked: still 112. Probably on wednesday or thursday there will be some moves.
      11-29-2021, 10:53 AM   #172
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got pushed back to 111!

Checking with my CA now to see how bad the push is. GRRR
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 11:00 AM   #173
MIM5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got pushed back to 111!

Checking with my CA now to see how bad the push is. GRRR
Same here. I was bumped to 111 from week 49.
From week 50, to 48, to 1, then 49, and now who knows.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 11:38 AM   #174
MIM5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Bumped to week1. Just got off the phone with genius.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 11:51 AM   #175
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I thought the factory was closed during week 1
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 12:04 PM   #176
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

GUH! Pushed to Week 5. Carbon buckets are the culprit. Genius said this is the farthest out she's seen a car get pushed. She thinks it might change though. Who knows, I am not getting my hopes up.

The silver lining with all of this is now I am going to spec the full leather instead of extended. I might as well get what I want at this point If I am going to wait this long.

Last edited by modat; 11-29-2021 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0