BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-25-2022, 12:39 PM   #419
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Come to me my preciousssss
So jealous! Can't wait to see the photos! Mine was supposed to arrive tomorrow but got delayed a week. For so stupid reason, it was parked outside of the UK. Now expected 2/2. Next Wednesday.
Appreciate 1
AhsanU3826.50
      01-25-2022, 01:31 PM   #420
CFever
United_States
Rep
Drives: Incoming TBII G80 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna01///M3 View Post
In transit!!

Thinking I'm on the Porgy. Calling the Genius today.

Anyone else switch to In Transit overnight?
Same here. Guessing we're on the same ship. I'll call Genius later today.

Appreciate 1
      01-25-2022, 03:18 PM   #421
jwt2440
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 - 6MT Triple Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You'll still get it before me lol. I'm parked outside of UK for past 4-5 days. Sucks!
Did your ETA of the 26th get pushed?
I believe so. I am looking for concrete info on the Atlas Leader. It's been sitting, anchored outside of the UK for 4-5 days now and was supposed to leave a couple days ago. It still has to hit Colombia, then Mexico, then Port Hueneme in California.

I think it's safe to expect a 3-5 day delay at this point. So annoying.
I'm on the Garnet Leader going to SoCal. Left on 1/22/22 from Germany and arrives tentatively on 2/20/22. Currently in the English Channel heading out to sea. Here is my timing, I hit the holidays which threw things off.

11/23/21 Production Started
12/7/21 Exterior Assembly
12/7/21 In the paint booth
12/8/21 Quality Check
12/22/21 Awaiting Carrier Assignment
1/12/22 Dispatched from the Factory
1/13/22 At the Port
1/22/22 In Transit
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 11:02 AM   #422
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Just got word from Genius that my car is estimated to leave the VPC on the 29th and my car might be at the dealership on the 31st! My M performance bits are in stock and won't delay the process much at all.

Either way, I'm looking to pick the car up on Saturday on the 5th.

Oh sweet raptor Jesus it's going to be a long 2 weeks and 1200 miles
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      01-27-2022, 12:54 PM   #423
iqstick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Quote:
Just got word from Genius that my car is estimated to leave the VPC on the 29th and my car might be at the dealership on the 31st! My M performance bits are in stock and won't delay the process much at all.

Either way, I'm looking to pick the car up on Saturday on the 5th.

Oh sweet raptor Jesus it's going to be a long 2 weeks and 1200 miles
Congrats! Mine and RockinPA boat is arriving next Wednesday. Hoping I luck out and can take delivery on the 5th or 6th. I don't have any port installed options.
      01-27-2022, 01:12 PM   #424
raywai2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Mine arrived at Baltimore on Monday, got through VPC on Wednesday and now awaiting carrier pickup. Car should be delivered by Monday but I want it Saturday lol. These last few days are killing me.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      01-29-2022, 07:18 PM   #425
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Got off the phone with Genius, my car is on its way to the dealership due to arrive on the 1st of February. Looking to pick her up on the 2nd, on Wednesday. I was blessed with no stop sales, an extra 2 days at VPC for M performance bits (I added them when the car was a few days away from entering the NY port), and that's it. I seriously cannot count my lucky stars for this experience.

Crazy excited!!
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      01-29-2022, 07:46 PM   #426
raywai2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Got off the phone with Genius, my car is on its way to the dealership due to arrive on the 1st of February. Looking to pick her up on the 2nd, on Wednesday. I was blessed with no stop sales, an extra 2 days at VPC for M performance bits (I added them when the car was a few days away from entering the NY port), and that's it. I seriously cannot count my lucky stars for this experience.

Crazy excited!!
When did you see it updated to In Transit? Mine has carrier assignment since Wednesday but the driver still has not picked it up yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 10:46 PM   #427
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raywai2 View Post
When did you see it updated to In Transit? Mine has carrier assignment since Wednesday but the driver still has not picked it up yet.
Do you mean the online tracker? The online tracker shows that my car is at the port. My understanding is that is reverts back to "at the port" when it's at the arrival port then it flips to "at the dealership" when it actually arrives at the dealership.

I primarily speak to Genius these days as I get great information from them. I know many have their qualms with Genius, but they've been a great source of information for me so I got my information from them earlier today. Was told that it's due at my dealership on the 1st, but not sure if it's been actually picked up yet or not. I'll call on Monday to find out as I want to pick it up on Wednesday. Thursday/Friday is raining/snowing and I work on the weekends so yeah - we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 11:42 PM   #428
raywai2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Do you mean the online tracker? The online tracker shows that my car is at the port. My understanding is that is reverts back to "at the port" when it's at the arrival port then it flips to "at the dealership" when it actually arrives at the dealership.

I primarily speak to Genius these days as I get great information from them. I know many have their qualms with Genius, but they've been a great source of information for me so I got my information from them earlier today. Was told that it's due at my dealership on the 1st, but not sure if it's been actually picked up yet or not. I'll call on Monday to find out as I want to pick it up on Wednesday. Thursday/Friday is raining/snowing and I work on the weekends so yeah - we'll see.
No it goes from At The Destination Port to In Transit to At The Dealership. There were definitely people saying their status flipped to In Transit after the carrier has picked up the car enroute to the dealership. I got an ETA of 1/31 but until the truck driver has actually picked up the car, the ETA will keep moving. I saw there’s some carrier delay in the Galveston thread. Hopefully there won’t be any delay for us.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 11:53 PM   #429
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raywai2 View Post
Quote:

No it goes from At The Destination Port to In Transit to At The Dealership. There were definitely people saying their status flipped to In Transit after the carrier has picked up the car enroute to the dealership. I got an ETA of 1/31 but until the truck driver has actually picked up the car, the ETA will keep moving. I saw there's some carrier delay in the Galveston thread. Hopefully there won't be any delay for us.
Mine went from in transit backwards to at the port on the online tracker - Genius said that this happens and my CA has confirmed that my car is in the USA and at the VPC (when I spoke to him 2 days ago) which is all that matters to me. But yeah, hopefully there aren't any delays but I really can't complain at all since my car has had literally 0 delays throughout the entire process.

Fingers crossed we get our cars soon. Counting down the days until I pick it up then modify the living hell out of it
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 09:13 AM   #430
Vishal50028
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competion RWD

Week 50 is production date around 12-13-2021
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 08:26 AM   #431
Laguna01///M3
IG @WBucco
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 PB G80 6SPD

Porgy has landed, Port NY/NJ

Anyone else on it?
Attached Images

Last edited by Laguna01///M3; 02-08-2022 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 09:58 PM   #432
raywai2
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Delivered today! A journey of 5 months but well worth the wait.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
AhsanU3826.50
RockinPA4848.00
      02-09-2022, 02:09 PM   #433
scarittagle
China
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GR Supra

my SA told me the car is in Custom Clearance in Guangzhou, should be able to pick up by the end of the month.
      02-10-2022, 01:16 AM   #434
iqstick
Private First Class
Rep

Took delivery today, completely unplanned. Was going to take delivery this weekend but the dealer was going to sell it if I didn't pickup within 48 hours since they had offers over sticker for it. Pics to come when I have a bit of time. First driving impressions is that it's damn fast even short shifting. Worth every second of the wait.
      02-10-2022, 07:33 AM   #435
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqstick View Post
Took delivery today, completely unplanned. Was going to take delivery this weekend but the dealer was going to sell it if I didn't pickup within 48 hours since they had offers over sticker for it. Pics to come when I have a bit of time. First driving impressions is that it's damn fast even short shifting. Worth every second of the wait.
I can't believe they said they'd sell it! What a joke!

Huge congrats man! I'm envious. I had no stop sales yet, my car is still sitting at VPC awaiting a carrier. I don't get it. You'd think mine would've left w yours. Didn't yours go to a socal dealer, too?

Which dealer again? Congrats! Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
Appreciate 2
      02-10-2022, 08:23 AM   #436
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
I would most certainly flame their asses on the survey for saying you have 48 hours to pick up a car you ordered because somebody was willing to pay more. Those mother truckers!
Appreciate 1
iqstick139.50
      02-10-2022, 08:32 AM   #437
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: you bonkers

Quote:
Congrats! I'd certainly raise hell for that kind of behavior and assure the dealership they won't have me as a customer again.. opportunistic and totally unacceptable.
Appreciate 1
iqstick139.50
      02-10-2022, 10:39 AM   #438
iqstick
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I can't believe they said they'd sell it! What a joke!

Huge congrats man! I'm envious. I had no stop sales yet, my car is still sitting at VPC awaiting a carrier. I don't get it. You'd think mine would've left w yours. Didn't yours go to a socal dealer, too?

Which dealer again? Congrats! Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
Yeah I was thinking they'd leave around the same time. Mine went down to OC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
I would most certainly flame their asses on the survey for saying you have 48 hours to pick up a car you ordered because somebody was willing to pay more. Those mother truckers!
Yeah it was terrible, especially after waiting 7 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromotive View Post
Congrats! I'd certainly raise hell for that kind of behavior and assure the dealership they won't have me as a customer again.. opportunistic and totally unacceptable.
Yeah it's terrible behavior. I get the market conditions are where they're at right now, but once all this stabilizes they're going to realize they screwed up. Won't do business with them again.
      02-10-2022, 11:46 AM   #439
Aeromotive
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: you bonkers

Enjoy your car and don't let this affect you. At the end of the day you're winning.

Like you said, things are gonna stabilize sooner or later (if prices don't come down, at least supply chain issues will get better), and good/recurrent customers will eventually have the upper hand again.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 09:41 AM   #440
CFever
United_States
Rep
Drives: Incoming TBII G80 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna01///M3 View Post
Porgy has landed, Port NY/NJ

Anyone else on it?
My M3 was on Porgy. No stop sales.
It’s now down at Performance Center in Spartanburg and waiting for to get a pickup date.
Apparently it’s pretty backed up. Might be another month till I pick it up!!!

Just when I thought all the waiting was over
Appreciate 0