BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

08-14-2021, 09:23 AM   #67
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
If you lease, you can essentially afford any car 125k and under lol.

I never associate cars with a person's value. I've seen broke ass people with multiple expensive cars. And then i know people who have hundreds of thousands saved, invested etc and they drive around in a ford explorer.
Appreciate 3
Limegrntaln13501.50
JTO245276.00
2011ninja3400.50
      08-14-2021, 12:29 PM   #68
MW F82 ///M4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

My thoughts:

-BMW drivers aren’t anymore or less douchy then the drivers of any other car brand. And I’ve never equated the BMW brand with wealth. The take rate on leases is what, over 93%? That says it all.

-There are terrible drivers everywhere. But I will say- have you ever been to Italy? Rome in particular? Pure insanity! They win.

-Sad to me that people feel things like rising crime, inflation, disease have to be on one side of the political spectrum or the other. Way back when people would just see issues like these as societal challenges and work together to fix them. I’m too young to remember that ever being the case but I’m sure it must have happened. WW2?

-Finally, don’t rely on the police or anyone else for that matter to come to your aid; it’s on you to protect yourself and your family. That being said I’m genuinely impressed with what those officers earn- and they sure do earn it.

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 10:52 PM   #69
Ftpohyeah
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 X3 M Competition  [0.00]
2024 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post

I was going to ask what the question was, until I remembered the thread title.

There are various levels of BMW ownership infamy.

Somewhere near the top is this:
haha gotta be in ny
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 10:05 AM   #70
AriM3G80
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

I've realized that cruising at buck ten buck twenty is when everyone leaves you alone…
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3400.50
      08-15-2021, 01:08 PM   #71
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftpohyeah View Post
haha gotta be in ny
Yeah in NJ/NY, people won't dare let you be in front of them. They'll miss their exit and go out of their way to make sure the overtake you one more time before taking their exit as if they're saying, "GTFOH, i wanna be in front!"
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 09:33 PM   #72
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW F82 ///M4 View Post
My thoughts:

-BMW drivers aren’t anymore or less douchy then the drivers of any other car brand. And I’ve never equated the BMW brand with wealth. The take rate on leases is what, over 93%? That says it all.

-There are terrible drivers everywhere. But I will say- have you ever been to Italy? Rome in particular? Pure insanity! They win.

-Sad to me that people feel things like rising crime, inflation, disease have to be on one side of the political spectrum or the other. Way back when people would just see issues like these as societal challenges and work together to fix them. I’m too young to remember that ever being the case but I’m sure it must have happened. WW2?

-Finally, don’t rely on the police or anyone else for that matter to come to your aid; it’s on you to protect yourself and your family. That being said I’m genuinely impressed with what those officers earn- and they sure do earn it.

Lmao give me a good reason California is so f'd other than our choice of governance over the last 30 years
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9708.50
      08-15-2021, 11:05 PM   #73
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriM3G80 View Post
I've realized that cruising at buck ten buck twenty is when everyone leaves you alone…
Down hill off camber turn no brake lights will keep them at a distance also…
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 01:24 AM   #74
MW F82 ///M4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentMeister View Post
Lmao give me a good reason California is so f'd other than our choice of governance over the last 30 years
Sure can’t- you hit it on the head. Did my time there and would never go back. French Laundry!
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2021, 11:05 AM   #75
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

Happens at least 1-2 times weekly...I will never entertain any of these guys though. On very rare occasions I will do a little more of a spirited drive if it's another M3/M4 that doesn't have a douchey driver behind the wheel and keeping safety in mind.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 12:31 PM   #76
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

I was driving back from JFK to Brooklyn on Saturday and I was moving along at a relatively fast pace. Next thing I know a guy in a beat up X5 comes out of his lane and starts chasing me down and attempting to tailgate me. Unbelievable
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 02:25 PM   #77
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
I was driving back from JFK to Brooklyn on Saturday and I was moving along at a relatively fast pace. Next thing I know a guy in a beat up X5 comes out of his lane and starts chasing me down and attempting to tailgate me. Unbelievable
He must be friends with the guy that put the "M" badge in front of X6; now reads MX6

I'm like cool; Mazda and BMW have merged.

BMW "SkyActiv" technology MX6
Appreciate 1
Blubaron791434.50
      08-16-2021, 03:47 PM   #78
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 911S, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
I think this is more of a north jersey/NYC thing more than anything lol. Source: lived in NJ and nyc most of my life
lol I am from NJ/NY and I concur
The meathead kids here think driving and owning a BMW is the schit and love to show off their cars and their reckless driving skills.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2021, 12:48 PM   #79
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
I think this is more of a north jersey/NYC thing more than anything lol. Source: lived in NJ and nyc most of my life
lol I am from NJ/NY and I concur
The meathead kids here think driving and owning a BMW is the schit and love to show off their cars and their reckless driving skills.
True true

Earlier this summer…

I was heading to NJ from CT passing through NYC via
Cross county to 87 south.

Older C63 chasing a lexsus IS 250 followed by e90 328i trying to keep up.

They blow by me and my wife gets a bit nervous…

5 minutes later we see them on side of road.

328 smacked the back of C63 near Fordham Road

They all standing outside there cars looking pathetic
None older than early 20's I guess

Same day on the way back on 87 north Q60s crashed another young buck
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      08-19-2021, 12:37 PM   #80
speedyman
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2016 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Yeah in NJ/NY, people won't dare let you be in front of them. They'll miss their exit and go out of their way to make sure the overtake you one more time before taking their exit as if they're saying, "GTFOH, i wanna be in front!"
Yeah, we get invaded here in SW FL by the NY/NJ crowd every winter. Many(not all) are as obnoxious on the road as they are in person. Always nice when April comes around.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      08-19-2021, 04:47 PM   #81
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyman View Post
Yeah, we get invaded here in SW FL by the NY/NJ crowd every winter. Many(not all) are as obnoxious on the road as they are in person. Always nice when April comes around.
They are literally the worst.

Just today during my lunch break, in that quick 20 minutes i encountered like 5 different shithead drivers. People who i saw literally go from the middle lane, signaled to the left lane, THEN went 10mph slower. Seriously. Everyone honking, then going around him etc. I look in my rearview and he's still going like 20mph below the speed limit, in the left lane.

Then another idiot, of course with a NY plate. Probably an uber driver. All of a sudden brakes to a halt on a 45mph road, signal to the right, thought maybe he was breaking down so i start to slow down. Then still with the signal to the right, he speeds up, then brakes incredibly hard and crosses the right lane, and into a hotel entrance. Out of freaking nowhere. He almost got rear ended like 5 times, including by me.

It made me hate where i live.

Btw, i see you have a C7 z06. I have one too! What's up brother!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 04:50 PM   #82
speedyman
Banned
Rep

Quote:
They are literally the worst.

Just today during my lunch break, in that quick 20 minutes i encountered like 5 different shithead drivers. People who i saw literally go from the middle lane, signaled to the left lane, THEN went 10mph slower. Seriously. Everyone honking, then going around him etc. I look in my rearview and he's still going like 20mph below the speed limit, in the left lane.

Then another idiot, of course with a NY plate. Probably an uber driver. All of a sudden brakes to a halt on a 45mph road, signal to the right, thought maybe he was breaking down so i start to slow down. Then still with the signal to the right, he speeds up, then brakes incredibly hard and crosses the right lane, and into a hotel entrance. Out of freaking nowhere. He almost got rear ended like 5 times, including by me.

It made me hate where i live.

Btw, i see you have a C7 z06. I have one too! What's up brother!
Yeah, Z06, great car indeed. I need to edit that profile as I sold it about 18 months ago. Really wish I still had that car.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 04:59 PM   #83
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, Z06, great car indeed. I need to edit that profile as I sold it about 18 months ago. Really wish I still had that car.

lol oh damn. Yeah i debated on selling the car. But everytime i drive it, i just tell to myself, "not yet". lol

Been going through this the past 2 years

It is an amazing car. I'll probably sell it when it's time to get into the C8 z06. Are you on the so called waiting list for that?

I'm like 145 or 146 on macmulkin's waiting list so i'm expecting a 1st year z06. Not sure if i should be happy to get one early or scared to be a guinea pig for the car lol.

It's going to be badass either way after watching those nurburgring videos.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 05:37 PM   #84
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

I can only speak from my personal point of view here in Switzerland.

But people do have some pre-judgments on BMW Driver...and it comes from something.
There are tons of illegaly tuned BMW (also Mercedes and Audi, but mostly BMW) here around, and the Police started very strong since last year to learn the tricks from this dude to get them.

A lot of cars were confiscated because they were too loud or illegaly tuned in any other way (to mention here maybe that as far as I know the regulatory in Switzerland is far tighter than in the US for example).

That's why i'm thinking a lot about WHAT to do exactly on my car, and damn, even IF I will do anything because I have no nerves to be stopped every goddamn weekend by the police.

This country is extreme in this point...and fines go up to a couple of grands and even to the point were you never see your car again and lose the driving license for a couple of months.
dickheads here...

BUT to be fair:
there is a good amount of fu**** up douches driving these cars.
That's why I chose a new G80 in the first place, finding a good used F80 (as in 2018 they produced the last ones and I decided to buy one in 2020) is nearly impossible as these cars are all screwed up with cheap crap tuning parts.

F82 would have been possible though...but I liked the new one so it was a no brainer anyway (even though I could bite my ass not to have once owned this legendary DCT everyone is loving here so much).
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 06:59 PM   #85
sleepy floyd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1974 Ford Bronco, 2022 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Other than my x3 a while ago, this is my first real bmw. One thing I noticed right away is that I always see random bmw drivers in my rear view mirror speeding and cutting off other drivers just to get right on my ass then blow past me. I don't get it.

It's unsafe and annoying. Most of the time it's a beat up 3 series but today it was an older modified m5.

I've had other sports cars in my past and never experienced this.
Everything wrong with the world today --- yes, every BMW driver is douchey, every Prius driver is xxx, every minivan driver is xxx. Everyone who asks a question like this may be the douchebag...
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2021, 03:57 PM   #86
speedyman
Banned
Rep

Quote:
lol oh damn. Yeah i debated on selling the car. But everytime i drive it, i just tell to myself, "not yet". lol

Been going through this the past 2 years

It is an amazing car. I'll probably sell it when it's time to get into the C8 z06. Are you on the so called waiting list for that?

I'm like 145 or 146 on macmulkin's waiting list so i'm expecting a 1st year z06. Not sure if i should be happy to get one early or scared to be a guinea pig for the car lol.

It's going to be badass either way after watching those nurburgring videos.
I will own a C8 Z06 at some point for sure which will be Corvette number 11 for me.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 01:53 PM   #87
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
I will own a C8 Z06 at some point for sure which will be Corvette number 11 for me.
Local Dealer is still $30,000 over MSRP on the 2 '21s he has. He's been consistent at least. I can hardly wait to see the markup on the Z--whenever it comes out. I doubt you'd get one for less than 150k, probably closer to 175.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 02:21 PM   #88
Griz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentMeister View Post
Yep. That government is responsible for 90% of the problems in the state. Other problems that CA is bringing us?

We have a culture obsessed with the lives/thoughts of the Hollywood community. A community that is largely the equivalence of high school dropouts that make a living pretending to be people they’re not, and yet those are the people steering the hearts and minds of people on a variety of issues. Maybe it’s a chicken-and-egg argument…

Over 200 major fault lines in the state, but yeah, let’s keep building.

Overpopulation, with natural resources having to be diverted from other states and major developments disrupting fragile ecosystems, despite all the environmental warriors.

And Tom Brady comes from CA. In light of the thread title, let’s just say I’m convinced he drives a BMW.
Appreciate 2