Drives: BMW X5, AUDI S4

good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2022, 12:48 AM   #24
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M4

OP keeps saying "supply and demand" but doesn't even own the supply yet.
Previous BMW: E36 Reiger Custom Green vert E46 ///M3 Cabonblack vert E46 ///M3 AW vert E63 645ci AW Coupe E92 ///M3 AW E93 ///M3 SG Vert
Appreciate 4
s58544.00
Seedster2279.00
Rayien581.50
zb26031055.50
      08-03-2022, 10:44 AM   #25
markoz28
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 340i, BMW 2020 M340i,

I'll trade you straight up for this Bridge I plan on buying in Brooklyn?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 09:41 AM   #26
suffer
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 Comp XDrive, X3 M40i

My local dealer sent me a spec sheet for an M3 Comp xDrive, no mark-up. Completed, but still at port for a couple months. Zero mark-up. Trying to sell a build for $15k is nuts.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 10:48 AM   #27
simsimma120
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Z06

Scheduled to arrive at port on 8/12, tracking the ship it’s on and should have the car in my possession within the coming weeks
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 10:52 AM   #28
simsimma120
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffer View Post
My local dealer sent me a spec sheet for an M3 Comp xDrive, no mark-up. Completed, but still at port for a couple months. Zero mark-up. Trying to sell a build for $15k is nuts.
Well it’s built now, and I just saw your post listing your car for $98k if not mistaken. Assuming that’s more than msrp. $15k was and is negotiable for someone who doesn’t want to wait several months for a 2023. Believe there is only 1 2023 listed on autotrader currently that isn’t a pre-sold order. So if necessary I’ll list the car online once I have it. Figured I’d offer it to members looking here first. Once I have possession i wouldn’t ask $15k over, but it will be over msrp. Simple supply and demand
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 01:25 PM   #29
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robopp View Post
Your analogy is flawed. You don't own the car. You're simply making the connection. That's what's rubbing everyone the wrong way. If it was your car, I doubt anyone would comment.

This must be your first build. Hendrick owns the car right now, not you. If they agree to sell it to someone else, you're SOL. You can't demand delivery because it's not yours.

Wrong....Hendricks owns the car but he has a signed contract and deposit on it. It's HIS until they take delivery and he then says he doesn't want it. If they did void it, which they won't. they would have to give him his deposit back.

Everyone is all in a tizzy here, but selling an allocation isn't unheard of in this market. Especially if the car is 3 to 5 weeks from delivery. To some that is worth something. I do think OP is being a little greedy and aggressive with the $15k price tag, but at the end of the day, it's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Probably not going to happen here. You should join the wholesale buyers group on facebook... Pretty sure there's alot of this going on there and guys will pay.
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 1
Draper3460.50
      08-05-2022, 02:35 PM   #30
simsimma120
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Wrong....Hendricks owns the car but he has a signed contract and deposit on it. It's HIS until they take delivery and he then says he doesn't want it. If they did void it, which they won't. they would have to give him his deposit back.

Everyone is all in a tizzy here, but selling an allocation isn't unheard of in this market. Especially if the car is 3 to 5 weeks from delivery. To some that is worth something. I do think OP is being a little greedy and aggressive with the $15k price tag, but at the end of the day, it's worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Probably not going to happen here. You should join the wholesale buyers group on facebook... Pretty sure there's alot of this going on there and guys will pay.
Yes…exactly how i think as well, to some it’s worth something. I’ve paid more for something I really wanted and did not want to wait. I spoke to my local dealer and they have already made an offer well over msrp and my all in price

May seem greedy to some, but as I’ve said before i was open to offers and that was just a starting number. The offer I have mean this car will be listed pretty much at what i started at, plus tax at the dealer…if not more
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #31
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Dealership owns the vehicle and they can sell it to anyone even though there is a signed contract. I dont think any dealer would allow the prospective buyer to make a profit over MSRP until that person signs the dotted line. If they are a customer oriented dealer, they would offer the vehicle to the next person in line or advertise it for MSRP. If they are a greedy dealer, they would grab every other opportunity opportunity to sell it over sticker. I would like to see the reaction of that dealership's sales manager when he sees this posting.
Appreciate 2
Neophyte158.00
jct_m34212.50
      08-05-2022, 03:43 PM   #32
suffer
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 Comp XDrive, X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsimma120 View Post
Well it’s built now, and I just saw your post listing your car for $98k if not mistaken.
Sounds like you are, in fact, mistaken. I don't have any cars for sale, nor do I have any listings.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 08:58 PM   #33
simsimma120
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
Dealership owns the vehicle and they can sell it to anyone even though there is a signed contract. I dont think any dealer would allow the prospective buyer to make a profit over MSRP until that person signs the dotted line. If they are a customer oriented dealer, they would offer the vehicle to the next person in line or advertise it for MSRP. If they are a greedy dealer, they would grab every other opportunity opportunity to sell it over sticker. I would like to see the reaction of that dealership's sales manager when he sees this posting.
That’s fine, I’m taking delivery. If the dealer doesn’t want me to sell my place I won’t, and actually I’m going to take this post down. Would be kind of a hypocritical move since nearly every dealer in the country is selling used ones for well over msrp, but whatever. I’ll buy the vehicle and they will make their money.

I just find it comical how people have a huge issue for me offering a very short wait over msrp, but I’m sure you’re not commenting on every for sale ad of used 2022 M3’s that are over original msrp. No worries..I’ll buy it like originally planned, and if i decide to sell it down the road I’m sure i won’t have issue.

Never seen so many grown adults get all worked up over offering a vehicle for sale. People list cars for sale all the time over what they are worth or originally cost. Put it this way and then I’m done, if you took delivery of your new M3 and someone offered you $10-20k over what you paid, you’d at the very least consider it if not sell it. Period and there is no more need for opinions.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 09:40 AM   #34
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
100%

Lots of pearl clutching here, mostly by non-serious buyers. Actual adults on Rennlist sell things for a profit all the time (example 1 and example 2). Of course, BMW isn't Porsche, but they are both supply constrained and prices directly reflect that.

IMHO, once the car lands, OP will have no trouble unloading it for $105K+.
      08-06-2022, 03:20 PM   #35
simsimma120
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
100%

Lots of pearl clutching here, mostly by non-serious buyers. Actual adults on Rennlist sell things for a profit all the time (example 1 and example 2). Of course, BMW isn't Porsche, but they are both supply constrained and prices directly reflect that.

And honestly that’s probably what I’ll do and go with the color combo i really want. Lot of people in here got pissed and not sure why, dealerships are selling used ones for $20k over. Appreciate seeing I’m not the only one that recognizes the market we are in, figured I’d offer to someone in here that doesn’t want to wait, but oh well.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 06:40 PM   #36
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsimma120 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper View Post
100%

And honestly that’s probably what I’ll do and go with the color combo i really want. Lot of people in here got pissed and not sure why, dealerships are selling used ones for $20k over. Appreciate seeing I’m not the only one that recognizes the market we are in, figured I’d offer to someone in here that doesn’t want to wait, but oh well.
I've already explained it to you. You don't own anything. You're selling a potential connection that maybe will work out. Your research and posting is lazy. You don't even have any details on how the transfer will work. Can someone out of state take over your allocation? Will the dealership ship the car? Do you have it in writing that they'll sell at msrp? Etc…

The fact that no one has taken your offer goes to show you that your deal isn't good. Willing buyer and willing seller and all.

No one is selling for 20k over. Your vision of the market is seriously skewed.

Three brand new xdrives were just listed here. 10k over msrp, max, and that's the asking price not sell price.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 09:20 PM   #37
GaoKS
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 Raptor

OP - I personally could care less how you attempt to make your money.

However, and as someone else mentioned, posting your selling dealership when trying to do this BEFORE you have a deal isn't smart. As you can see there are a lot of people who aren't quite supportive of your endeavor. I say this because I know the sales manager at one of the Hendricks there in Charlotte and I can guarantee he'd pull this from you if he knew what you were doing. There are others with just as many connections in the car community if they disliked your post enough.

It's a small world. Good luck.

BMW Past Rides: 2023 G80 Comp, 2023 G80 xDrive, 2021 M3 Comp, 2020 M340i, 2019 540i, 2016 M4, 2016 535i, 2008 545i
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 09:51 AM   #38
simsimma120
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaoKS View Post
OP - I personally could care less how you attempt to make your money.

However, and as someone else mentioned, posting your selling dealership when trying to do this BEFORE you have a deal isn't smart. As you can see there are a lot of people who aren't quite supportive of your endeavor. I say this because I know the sales manager at one of the Hendricks there in Charlotte and I can guarantee he'd pull this from you if he knew what you were doing. There are others with just as many connections in the car community if they disliked your post enough.

It's a small world. Good luck.
Appreciate your input, and didn’t realize so many would be upset. Also, i guess each dealer is different, but assumed they wouldn’t care what someone did with their allocation as long as they made their sale. Not the first time I’ve been wrong. In my previous comment I said I’m just going to take delivery of the car which is what I intend to do now. I thought I had another car in place and don’t need 2 M3’s, but that appears to be falling through so after all this back and forth it’s moot and I’ll be getting the Brooklyn grey when it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 11:54 AM   #39
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

The misunderstanding here is that you dont have an allocation. An allocation is a slot in the factory build schedule. "Your" allocation allows you request the specific build you want, and once the build becomes locked and the car is produced, the allocation is used. You had an allocation, you used it, now the dealer owns a car. They would prefer to sell it you but they will sell it to someone else if you dont want it. Until you take delivery you don't hold anything of value. If you want to complete the sale with the dealer and then try to sell it for a profit nobody is going to take issue with that, you're taking the risk, you own the car and you can do whatever you want with it. But nobody is going to pay you a premium just to buy a car from a dealer that you no longer want.
Appreciate 1
blkbtyM2C175.50
      08-07-2022, 04:42 PM   #40
simsimma120
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
The misunderstanding here is that you dont have an allocation. An allocation is a slot in the factory build schedule. "Your" allocation allows you request the specific build you want, and once the build becomes locked and the car is produced, the allocation is used. You had an allocation, you used it, now the dealer owns a car. They would prefer to sell it you but they will sell it to someone else if you dont want it. Until you take delivery you don't hold anything of value. If you want to complete the sale with the dealer and then try to sell it for a profit nobody is going to take issue with that, you're taking the risk, you own the car and you can do whatever you want with it. But nobody is going to pay you a premium just to buy a car from a dealer that you no longer want.
Yeah, gotcha..it’s a pretty popular spec i think…but I’m going to get the car since another one i was interested in has fallen through.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 07:28 PM   #41
simsimma120
Private
Rep

Well…after a ton of back and forth and learning a few things (I’m not a car dealer obviously) I decided to take delivery of the 2023 M3 as stated in my previous comments. First time having an allocation/build for a new car come in so new to the process and was still searching for a 2022 as I waited because I’m impatient lol. After seeing that a majority of folks disagreed and some were fine with it, I decided against selling the spot and was excited for the new car to arrive.

Well, someone on this forum, a fellow enthusiast I assume, has now called the dealer and they are pulling the order from me. So after taking everyone’s comments into consideration and learning a few things along the way, i decided the right thing to do was to just buy the car…but now I can’t. So thank you to whoever didn’t read the whole thread and cared enough to be mad but not enough to message me first and saying “hey you should take this down or I’m going to call the dealer” . I don’t fully understand how dealers make money and their policies because I’ve never worked at one and they are all different I’m sure. In my head they are happy to make the sale at their advertised price.

So after basically admitting my faults and saying I’m going to take delivery of and pay for the car, someone has taken that ability away from me.

Was I naive to make this post in the first place? Yes, it was basically a feeler post in case i spotted a used one I wanted
Was I trying to hide anything or my intentions? No i don’t think anyone trying to hide would have posted the dealership and status and spec of the car
Do I regret making the post? Yes
Did i mean to piss anyone off by profiting? No, and didn’t think I would because anyone selling a used car right now can’t argue that they are in a good spot to
make money due to the market

I’m sure whoever made the call will remain anonymous, but perhaps next time you call to tell on someone maybe have a conversation directly with the person first. I would have taken the post down, and even mentioned doing that above but not sure if you even can on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 07:54 PM   #42
IDKBRO
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80

Garage List
2022 TESLA SLR  [5.25]
2022 M3  [9.75]
Wow I've never seen an epic "rekt " moment such as this before

But jokes aside, OP, you should have deleted this shit when you had the chance.

This isn't a tesla where you sell the allocation for a few bucks.
Lesson learned I suppose.
Appreciate 2
Rayien581.50
ai38868.50
      08-08-2022, 08:03 PM   #43
simsimma120
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDKBRO View Post
Wow I've never seen an epic "rekt " moment such as this before

But jokes aside, OP, you should have deleted this shit when you had the chance.

This isn't a tesla where you sell the allocation for a few bucks.
Lesson learned I suppose.
It’s still odd to me that dealers themselves will sell cars well over msrp and have no issue with that, not the case with this dealer…

But yeah lesson learned. If i knew how to delete the whole post i would have, even mentioned taking it down and just buying the car.

Hope whoever called feels good, it’s not the end of the world for me…I’ll get an M3
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 11:08 PM   #44
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Wow… never heard of this happening but there’s always a first.
Appreciate 0