BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

07-10-2021, 11:37 AM   #1123
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot_on_neck View Post
I have a 2021 Brooklyn Grey M3 that I bought off the floor from BMW San Francisco for 5k over msrp. My lease price after lease/wheel protection is 1518 before tax (no money down). Insane, I know. I had just gone through a major break up and I was a little more than a little unhinged when I signed the lease. My Tesla MY had just tried to kill me in autopilot the day before, so it was a perfect storm of bad decision making. Feel free to roast me.

I absolutely love the G80, and I can see it being something that I keep long termÂ…but the spec I have is not it chief.

The bucket seats are really fcking cool, and great for spirited driving. But on trips over 4hrs, which I hope to do frequently with this car, my lower back goes numb. I think it will vary from person to person, but for me, its simply too uncomfortable and really hampers the roadtrip experience. I'm 26, 5'11", 180lbs. I'm not old or fat, just misaligned I guess. I also don't have the driver assist package, which means no adaptive cruise control. I have grown so used to basic driver assist tech and I don't want to go back. The difference in how far I can drive without ACC/lane keep is significant.

Anyways, these two things have been nagging me the 5 months I've had the car. With the chip shortage causing chaos in the market, I though maybe it be an opportunity for me to trade in. I'll still lose a bunch of money obviously, but I think it will be worth eventually getting into a perfectly spec'd M3. Hopefully at MSRP. I was thinking I would put an order in for a new spec, and once it goes into production I could trade in my current one. Or I could just sell it now and wait for the the new one.

Anyways, please let me know your thoughts. I know this is ridiculous situation, but I really love this car! Also, I have no trouble affording the lease. I was cross shopping with a Taycan that would have been like 2k a month, which was at the higher end of my budget. I've been lucky with tech stocks the last 1.5 years. I think that I would be willing to burn maybe 10k on the trade? My current lease payoff is 93000 (2200 miles). Does anyone think I can get an offer for at least 83k?

2021 G80 M3 Competition Brooklyn Grey
2280 miles

Carbon Fiber trim
Executive Package
M Carbon Exterior Package
M Shadowline Lights
M carbon bucket seats
Parking Assistance Package

Also has a fresh 5 year full ceramic coat, and 35% tint all around (excl. windshield)
That'a a hell of a impulse buy
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      07-10-2021, 12:33 PM   #1124
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
I have a 2021 Brooklyn Grey M3 that I bought off the floor from BMW San Francisco for 5k over msrp. My lease price after lease/wheel protection is 1518 before tax (no money down). Insane, I know. I had just gone through a major break up and I was a little more than a little unhinged when I signed the lease. My Tesla MY had just tried to kill me in autopilot the day before, so it was a perfect storm of bad decision making. Feel free to roast me.

I absolutely love the G80, and I can see it being something that I keep long termÂ…but the spec I have is not it chief.

The bucket seats are really fcking cool, and great for spirited driving. But on trips over 4hrs, which I hope to do frequently with this car, my lower back goes numb. I think it will vary from person to person, but for me, its simply too uncomfortable and really hampers the roadtrip experience. I’m 26, 5’11”, 180lbs. I’m not old or fat, just misaligned I guess. I also don’t have the driver assist package, which means no adaptive cruise control. I have grown so used to basic driver assist tech and I don’t want to go back. The difference in how far I can drive without ACC/lane keep is significant.

Anyways, these two things have been nagging me the 5 months IÂ’ve had the car. With the chip shortage causing chaos in the market, I though maybe it be an opportunity for me to trade in. IÂ’ll still lose a bunch of money obviously, but I think it will be worth eventually getting into a perfectly specÂ’d M3. Hopefully at MSRP. I was thinking I would put an order in for a new spec, and once it goes into production I could trade in my current one. Or I could just sell it now and wait for the the new one.

Anyways, please let me know your thoughts. I know this is ridiculous situation, but I really love this car! Also, I have no trouble affording the lease. I was cross shopping with a Taycan that would have been like 2k a month, which was at the higher end of my budget. IÂ’ve been lucky with tech stocks the last 1.5 years. I think that I would be willing to burn maybe 10k on the trade? My current lease payoff is 93000 (2200 miles). Does anyone think I can get an offer for at least 83k?

2280 miles

Carbon Fiber trim
Executive Package
M Shadowline Lights
M carbon bucket seats

Also has a fresh 5 year full ceramic coat, and 35% tint all around (excl. windshield)
Wait - so you're willing to take a $10k hit? Which is really $15k since you paid $5k over?

I guess I'm not following lol
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #1125
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Quote:
I think that I would be willing to burn maybe 10k on the trade? My current lease payoff is 93000 (2200 miles). Does anyone think I can get an offer for at least 83k?

2280 miles

Carbon Fiber trim
Executive Package
M Shadowline Lights
M carbon bucket seats

I don’t think you will get an $83K trade in offer. You might be able to sell it private party for MSRP or a couple thousand under.

Easy come easy go is the natural way. Be intentional about that. Even though you made the money easily on tech stocks, I would be frugal. You’ve probably got many years of spending ahead of you.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-10-2021, 02:58 PM   #1126
Foot_on_neck
Registered
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition Brklyn Grey

Yea I think I’ll probably just end up keeping it for a year or so and then ordering a custom AWD spec. I was just thinking it may be easier to do now with the chip shortage than in a year when things stabilize.

Also this doesn’t even crack the top ten worst financial decisions I’ve made, and it definitely won’t be the last. I could share some really cringeworthy stories, lmao. Believe or not, I am getting more responsible. Just, very slowly.

What’s important here is that the car is sick. It’s the perfect evolution of my previous m2 and x4m. It’s comfortable enough to cruise around with my sleeping puppy, but is a completely different beast in its most aggressive modes. I especially like how the backend gets squirrelly when you lay on the throttle at highway speeds.

Don’t like the brake squeal tho, idk if anyone else has that issue. Also the bass is lacking in the surround sound.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-10-2021, 03:10 PM   #1127
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Good call.

It's always interesting to me to see how other people buy cars and other big items. I research them endlessly and eventually know more than the salespeople about the car and the manufacturer rebates. Other people just go for it. I was sitting in Niello BMW one time waiting way too long for the answer to a simple question (would you accept $x for that X5?) and the couple in the next sales office was closing their deal and only after commiting to buy did they learn about the $500 loyalty rebate and $500 USAA/military rebate. Total surprise to them. I think a lot of people waste a lot of money by not studying their options, but then again I waste a lot of time by overanalyzing things.
Appreciate 1
somer966.00
      07-10-2021, 03:22 PM   #1128
Foot_on_neck
Registered
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition Brklyn Grey

I used to be more measured and calculated like you when buying things. But at some point I just lost control. Spending is definitely an emotional crutch for me. I’m working with a therapist to redevelop some financial discipline though.

I envy people with self control, I’m such a sucker
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-10-2021, 03:25 PM   #1129
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
I used to be more measured and calculated like you when buying things. But at some point I just lost control. Spending is definitely an emotional crutch for me. I’m working with a therapist to redevelop some financial discipline though.

I envy people with self control, I’m such a sucker
Good on you.

Listen, the deal is done so enjoy the car and don't look back. Just look forward and develop ways to improve in the future. That's all we can do.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-10-2021, 04:10 PM   #1130
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Good call.

It's always interesting to me to see how other people buy cars and other big items. I research them endlessly and eventually know more than the salespeople about the car and the manufacturer rebates. Other people just go for it. I was sitting in Niello BMW one time waiting way too long for the answer to a simple question (would you accept $x for that X5?) and the couple in the next sales office was closing their deal and only after commiting to buy did they learn about the $500 loyalty rebate and $500 USAA/military rebate. Total surprise to them. I think a lot of people waste a lot of money by not studying their options, but then again I waste a lot of time by overanalyzing things.
Quote:
I used to be more measured and calculated like you when buying things. But at some point I just lost control. Spending is definitely an emotional crutch for me. I'm working with a therapist to redevelop some financial discipline though.

I envy people with self control, I'm such a sucker
There's merit to both approaches and I employ concepts from both.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 09:14 PM   #1131
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
There's merit to both approaches and I employ concepts from both.
i go back and forth ... i've gotten cars from the showroom floor but also have ordered cars and watched them come across the atlantic. i went through like 10 cars in 5 years so i had to stop spending so much time on each purchase, ha!

like the gentleman above, i probably need to work on restraint... but in the meantime ... i'm trying to secure an allocation for a G80 (after complaining about the grille for months leading up to its debut). i turned down an M5CS because i think it just wouldn't be as much fun as the G80 despite being a total animal. i guess that was restraint?

Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25116.50
Limegrntaln13475.00
      07-11-2021, 11:15 AM   #1132
LimeRock
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Yea I think I’ll probably just end up keeping it for a year or so and then ordering a custom AWD spec. I was just thinking it may be easier to do now with the chip shortage than in a year when things stabilize.

Also this doesn’t even crack the top ten worst financial decisions I’ve made, and it definitely won’t be the last. I could share some really cringeworthy stories, lmao. Believe or not, I am getting more responsible. Just, very slowly.

What’s important here is that the car is sick. It’s the perfect evolution of my previous m2 and x4m. It’s comfortable enough to cruise around with my sleeping puppy, but is a completely different beast in its most aggressive modes. I especially like how the backend gets squirrelly when you lay on the throttle at highway speeds.

Don’t like the brake squeal tho, idk if anyone else has that issue. Also the bass is lacking in the surround sound.
Very cool - I’m also coming from an M2 and X3MC and can’t wait to take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 10:57 PM   #1133
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Is the Tartufo leather color a standard option, or are you paying Individual pricing for it? I dont see it to option on the visualizer. $2550 for full Merino, already. Is this color another charge on top of the full merino? I'm thinking Dravit Gray w/ Tartufo.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 11:27 PM   #1134
kayt69
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23' 330e

Garage List
2024 G01 X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Is the Tartufo leather color a standard option, or are you paying Individual pricing for it? I dont see it to option on the visualizer. $2550 for full Merino, already. Is this color another charge on top of the full merino? I'm thinking Dravit Gray w/ Tartufo.
Tartufo is a standard color option which your client advisor at dealer should be able to select on his end as its not on BMW site.
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13475.00
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-11-2021, 11:33 PM   #1135
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayt69 View Post
Tartufo is standard color option which your client advisor at dealer should be able to select on his end as its not on BMW site.
OK, thank you. I left a message with my SA, but I haven't heard back yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 09:27 AM   #1136
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Has anybody applied for BMW FS financing on a 2022 and seen their rates or gotten a rate of 0.9%? 2022 models are an option on the application page, but it doesn't say explicitly if they're eligible for the 0.9% financing for 2021 models good through the rest of the month.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      07-13-2021, 11:03 AM   #1137
brianray18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Has anybody applied for BMW FS financing on a 2022 and seen their rates or gotten a rate of 0.9%? 2022 models are an option on the application page, but it doesn't say explicitly if they're eligible for the 0.9% financing for 2021 models good through the rest of the month.
I doubt they offering .09 on interest for 2022. Maybe 1.9
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 02:05 PM   #1138
Cinco
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM G80 M3Cx

Just spoke to my client advisor about a M3 Competition Xdrive, spec'd up to an MSRP of $85,695. no money down except taxes and fees (6550 due at sign). for 15k/36 months 1225/month. for 12k, 1220/month. Purchase, 6550 down and 60 months 1475, 0.9%. Money factor 0.00093.

Those numbers are for no discount and no incentives. Working on that part right now.

I have to lease the car because I own a business and can pay with pre-tax dollars but just wanted to give you guys some recent numbers.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 02:10 PM   #1139
brianray18
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
Just spoke to my client advisor about a M3 Competition Xdrive, spec'd up to an MSRP of $85,695. no money down except taxes and fees (6550 due at sign). for 15k/36 months 1225/month. for 12k, 1220/month. Purchase, 6550 down and 60 months 1475, 0.9%. Money factor 0.00093.

Those numbers are for no discount and no incentives. Working on that part right now.

I have to lease the car because I own a business and can pay with pre-tax dollars but just wanted to give you guys some recent numbers.
Only $5 difference from 12k & 15k?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 02:27 PM   #1140
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
BMW of Mountain View in NorCal had a base dravit with full merino Tartufo. I'm sure there are still pictures floating around somewhere if you want to get an idea of how it looks. I think it's an awesome combination - super classy
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      07-13-2021, 02:29 PM   #1141
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I should go see this, tomorrow. This is the color I really want. The allocation I'm interested in is already at 112. I need to hurry up and decide on a spec.

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 03:57 PM   #1142
kyleemile
Registered
Rep
Drives: G80

Thoughts on this lease quote for G80?

Hey everyone,

I'm in final conversations to lease a G80 with a dealer in AZ. I'm posting here to get perspective from others on my pricing quote before finalizing.

Context:

I'm based in CA. I currently don't have a vehicle and am looking to get one ASAP. An M3 is a dream car for me and have fallen in love with the G80. These are the non-negotiable specs for me:

—Black ext.
—6spd MT
—Black wheels
—Parking Assistant
—Executive Package

MSRP for this build is ~$76,345. There aren't any other dealers with this build in the US—which is why I'm now talking to a dealer in AZ despite being based in CA.

The dealer will not sell the car without these upsell items: 1) a clear bra ($2,495.00), 2) a window tint job ($799), and a 3) LoJack vehicle recovery system ($499). Making the vehicle $ 79,638. After taxes and fees, the final price quoted is $87,549.09.

I'm looking to lease for 36/mo and 10k mi/yr. I'd be putting $5k down. This makes my monthly payments $1292.

I wanted to get thoughts on the community on how this price sounds?

The current market is chaotic due to covid and chip shortages. Based on my conversations with dealers, in this market, it sounds like I'll be paying a bit over MSRP, no matter what. (At one point I was considering an M2 and dealers were telling me explicitly "we're selling this $5k over MSRP for market adjustment")

If the price I'm being grossly over-quoted, I could grit my teeth and put in a build and wait for the 2022 models. If the pricing is "within ballpark" of what I should be expecting to pay, then I'd like to proceed with this model.

Would love any feedback/ thoughts from the community.

Last edited by kyleemile; 07-13-2021 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: extra characters
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 04:03 PM   #1143
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleemile View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm in final conversations to lease a G80 with a dealer in AZ. I'm posting here to get perspective from others on my pricing quote before finalizing.

Context:

I'm based in CA. I currently don't have a vehicle and am looking to get one ASAP. An M3 is a dream car for me and have fallen in love with the G80. These are the non-negotiable specs for me:

—Black ext.
—6spd MT
—Black wheels
—Parking Assistant
—Executive Package

MSRP for this build is ~$76,345. There aren't any other dealers with this build in the US—which is why I'm now talking to a dealer in AZ despite being based in CA.

The dealer will not sell the car without these upsell items: 1) a clear bra ($2,495.00), 2) a window tint job ($799), and a 3) LoJack vehicle recovery system ($499). Making the vehicle $ 79,638. After taxes and fees, the final price quoted is $87,549.09.

I'm looking to lease for 36/mo and 10k mi/yr. I'd be putting $5k down. This makes my monthly payments $1292.

The current market is chaotic due to covid and chip shortages. Based on my conversations with dealers, in this market, it sounds like I'll be paying a bit over MSRP, no matter what. (At one point I was considering an M2 and dealers were telling me explicitly "we're selling this $5k over MSRP for market adjustment")

If the price I'm being grossly over-quoted, I could grit my teeth and put in a build and wait for the 2022 models. If the pricing is "within ballpark" of what I should be expecting to pay, then I'd like to proceed with this model.

I'm okay with paying MSRP. Not getting robbed.
Appreciate 1
Cinco156.00
      07-13-2021, 04:07 PM   #1144
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleemile View Post
Hey everyone,

Context:

—Black ext.
—6spd MT
—Black wheels
—Parking Assistant
—Executive Package

This is total bulls**t! I'd tell that dealer to piss off and go spec a car without an additional $3,800 of inflated nonsense.

Now if you were planning on doing a clear bra, that's one thing, but I don't know that I'd let the dealer be doing it. $799 for tint is laughable.
Limegrntaln13475.00