BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-01-2024, 06:40 PM   #1
althepal
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 MT

Aftermarket Steering Wheel question

Love the looks and what I hear about the Carismo wheels but don't totally feel like dropping the coin at this time. Or at least I'm being seduced by a lower price and, what looks like, the same build quality.

I've been talking to a guy on Facebook who does wheels and is less than half the price of a Carismo wheel. Without very much info on the guy, am I an idiot for considering this?

His wheel pics are great, he's messaged me pics of text convos from past customers praising his wheels and customer service... He seems legit, but...

He would want 20% down to make the custom wheel. Not sure how the rest of the payment works yet.

What do you guys think? Any insights? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 07:39 PM   #2
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

There are dozens of little outfits selling these same exact steering wheels. I can think of 4 off the top of my head with "carbon" in their name alone. I think they look absolutely hideous, but to each their own.

They're all using the same supplier or two from Alibaba. The only reason the guy you found is charging less is because he hasn't built up an IG following like the others have.
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2024, 10:37 AM   #3
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

Don't think of this as a cosmetic part where going with a no-name 3rd party isn't a risk.

My .02, it'd be silly to cut corners and take a chance on something like this. I would highly suggest sticking with the guys that are well known, high quality and trusted(often sponsors), instead of copycats.
Appreciate 2
BimmerFix1426.50
      05-05-2024, 11:54 AM   #4
althepal
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ano0oj View Post
Don't think of this as a cosmetic part where going with a no-name 3rd party isn't a risk.

My .02, it'd be silly to cut corners and take a chance on something like this. I would highly suggest sticking with the guys that are well known, high quality and trusted(often sponsors), instead of copycats.
Excellent .02, as the wheel is a major connection point of driver to car. Thanks for adding that.

Seems Carismo is a company that is trusted by people on this forum. Does anyone know of other trusted aftermarket steering wheel companies?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 02:06 PM   #5
aktif8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4c vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by althepal View Post
Excellent .02, as the wheel is a major connection point of driver to car. Thanks for adding that.

Seems Carismo is a company that is trusted by people on this forum. Does anyone know of other trusted aftermarket steering wheel companies?
AZA. they're pricey, but fully handmade and impeccable quality. A few of us here have them - only good things to say.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2024, 06:17 AM   #6
BrooklynGreyM3
///MFlight Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3CX G80

Me and two other people from my local car group purchased from EZCarbon Fiber (https://www.ezcarbonfiber.com/). I didn't opt for the LED screen on my steering wheel but the other two guys did and everything came out just fine and works. You can customize the leather type and color, stitching color, carbon pattern, etc... I was able to retain the heat and ACC (Active Cruise Control) with self driving. I paid a little more to add the magnetic clickers for the shift paddles. I paid half the cost of Carismo and other companies out there. Customer service was great too. He sent me several videos on the installation.
Follow Me on IG: BrooklynGreyM3
Appreciate 0