BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-06-2022, 08:40 PM   #23
bfoolish1339
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Just out of curiosity, could you break down how you're coming to the $900/month payment?
I could see how this is possible by not checking any boxes! You can rack up $20k in options quite easily.
Easy answer. Alpine white competition with no added options. That car has everything… Everything that a simple guy like me needs. That's actually why I have to order instead of going out and buy one off the lot. Because no dealers order w no options. But… Thats what this regular guy wants. That's exactly how my e90 was.
Appreciate 1
jmg18834.50
      01-06-2022, 09:57 PM   #24
bfoolish1339
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUNITNOW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoolish1339 View Post
I got a G80 allocation to build and I'm going back and forth on buying vs leasing.

I'm looking for some personal insight from those that decided to buy vs. lease on a previous M car. Not from a pure numbers/$$ perspective, but more so a personal reflection on whether or not your previous purchases still held that same personal value in year 6 … as it did in year 1.

In other words, I can certainly justify paying $900 a month for a brand new M3. Worth every penny, but years from now when it's $900 for a 5 y/o car?

On the other hand … after 6 or 7 years. She's yours forever.

Regular dude here. This is by far the most expensive car I've bought (upgrading from an E90). Just looking for some insight from previous M owners.
Most of the people on this forum will advise on leasing and tell you it reduces your risk in case of accidents. I guess if you live in a highly populated city, it may be wise. If you are keeping the car for more than three years, I think it's a waste to lease.
I purchased and my MSRP was 79,795 and I got 5k off and put 20% down. I live in Virginia so my taxes and fees came out to 4.17% and my payments are 966 a month. Of course I was told this wasn't a good deal because my rate was 2.9 for 72 months. You have to be happy with your decision no matter what someone else says. I didn't want to be over a grand a month although I could pay it and probably will pay that or more. It's a psychological thing for me...lol
Thanks man. Insightful. Sounds like you were "good" w your purchase years later. No buyers regret. I don't. Care about what others say about the deal. Just wanted to here how others felt about their choice. This is good.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 10:00 PM   #25
bfoolish1339
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAmerican View Post
I went into my dealership thinking I would probably put $30k-$45 down on the car and finance it. When I was brought the numbers back my CA presented me with both my requested finance number and also showed me the lease numbers.

$30k down on finance was $1200 a month. $30k on a lease (Don't ever do this) was $600 a month. I can always upload the hilarious quote paperwork if anyone wants to see the numbers and have a good laugh.

I'm think of sticking to my whole get a new vehicle every 3 years, $0 down lease and enjoy the vehicle and then get rid of it. My recent vehicles over the last 6-7 years were 17k miles used on a 36,000 mile, 3 year lease and 19k miles on a 36,000 mile, 3 year lease.
Jesus! 30k down and still $1200 a month. Yea that M was out of my budget. That math = 100k easy.
Appreciate 0