08-12-2021, 05:45 AM   #89
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW x£

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
I wish I knew!

With Fiona red I'd go with skyscraper grey and red calipers. That's another spec that I'm looking at.

Tartufo is quite common and boring in my opinion (no offense). I have brown interior (mocha) very similar to Tartufo in my X5. It definitely suits the SUV but not sure if I would spec it on a M3C.
I too am thinking about skyscraper grey with Fiona red but I just think that the skyscraper grey doesn’t pop enough.

You may be right about the Tartufo on enzian, but I had always thought that brown goes well with pure blue? But if not, I may need to take the risk with one of the white interiors? What you thinking?
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2021, 05:50 AM   #90
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
They're really tough to understand without seeing them in person and I still have no idea what Santorini actually looks like. I always thought Enzian was pure blue with a little bit of turquoise in it and Santorini was blue with a little bit of something else in it. Someone else on here posted that Enzian was blue with a little bit of purple in it and Santorini was blue with I forget what in it. Although I'm not sure that really helps if you haven't seen them. They are tough colors to comprehend without seeing them in person. I would have liked to have gone with a different interior than black but was afraid I would make a wrong choice without seeing in person and then be stuck with it for 3 to 4 years every day. I had no real idea exactly what I was getting until I finally saw it in person at the performance center. Enzian and I'm guessing also Santorini are just really unique blues. People that have seen them have commented on that that there is just something unique and special about them compared to other blues on the road
Which one would you say is the darker one of the two colours?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 08:34 AM   #91
rgrovr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

Quote:
I wish I knew!

With Fiona red I'd go with skyscraper grey and red calipers. That's another spec that I'm looking at.

Tartufo is quite common and boring in my opinion (no offense). I have brown interior (mocha) very similar to Tartufo in my X5. It definitely suits the SUV but not sure if I would spec it on a M3C.
Lol Tartufo boring.. what's black then?

I have Tartufo on order with Voodoo Blue only because after seeing the blue/brown combo in my wife's X7 - it's sharp and classy.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #92
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post

I have Tartufo on order with Voodoo Blue only because after seeing the blue/brown combo in my wife's X7 - it's sharp and classy.
Nice! I was thinking the same thing. Do you have any pics of the blue brown combo?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 12:26 PM   #93
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by truekumar View Post
Which one would you say is the darker one of the two colours?
I haven't seen Santorini in person or next to mine so any opinion I have would probably be based on flipping back and forth between them on the visualizer.

There are videos like this, but if you told me that I was looking at a video of an Enzian car I'd believe you. So hard to tell via the internet and with pics and video in different lighting conditions.

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 03:43 PM   #94
Ftpohyeah
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 X3 M Competition  [0.00]
2024 BMW  [10.00]
Lovely blue
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 07:44 PM   #95
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I wish I knew!

I too am thinking about skyscraper grey with Fiona red but I just think that the skyscraper grey doesn’t pop enough.

You may be right about the Tartufo on enzian, but I had always thought that brown goes well with pure blue? But if not, I may need to take the risk with one of the white interiors? What you thinking?
Skyscraper is under the radar color but with Fiona red it makes the whole combo pop out, I saw in person and it looks really good.

Blue is a little on your face and shouts out. I know because I also own blue M2C (Long Beach blue).
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 07:47 PM   #96
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrovr View Post
Quote:
I wish I knew!

Like I said No offense dude.

Tartufo is common, and I have a mocha brown in my X5. I don't consider it super interesting.

Black is more classic and I think it will go well with a blue car.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 11:59 PM   #97
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:

My Santorini Blue with Fjord blue/black interior M3C xDrive is in production, not sure when I'll be able to see it.

I was not really into brown, find the black interior too boring, not really into red (tho FR is nice), and Silverstone is great - I just don't want to deal with light leather issues.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 12:52 AM   #98
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
My Santorini Blue with Fjord blue/black interior M3C xDrive is in production, not sure when I'll be able to see it.

I was not really into brown, find the black interior too boring, not really into red (tho FR is nice), and Silverstone is great - I just don't want to deal with light leather issues.
Hmmm…the Fjord blue/black seats could potentially work with enzian, I’m going to put it on my consideration list….but do you think it could be too much blue going on??
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 01:47 AM   #99
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hmmm…the Fjord blue/black seats could potentially work with enzian, I’m going to put it on my consideration list….but do you think it could be too much blue going on??
For sure too much blue (and flashy).
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 08:37 AM   #100
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I haven't seen Santorini in person or next to mine so any opinion I have would probably be based on flipping back and forth between them on the visualizer.

There are videos like this, but if you told me that I was looking at a video of an Enzian car I'd believe you. So hard to tell via the internet and with pics and video in different lighting conditions.

Yeah you are right, so difficult to tell between Enzian and Santorini. A difficult decision to make.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 09:36 AM   #101
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For sure too much blue (and flashy).
I'm not sure it would be overly flashy since it seems like a dark blue. Not like getting KO would be. I considered it, but I wasn't willing to risk it without seeing it in person.
Appreciate 1
SamG80193.50
      08-13-2021, 04:17 PM   #102
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure it would be overly flashy since it seems like a dark blue. Not like getting KO would be. I considered it, but I wasn't willing to risk it without seeing it in person.
I think you and I are on the same page. Too flashy for some cars, just flashy enough (without KO or FR or other reallllllllly flashy interiors) for a G80 already wearing Santorini

My car will be blues, blacks, and carbon. Like a lot of paint and leather options, the shade of blue is completely different depending on lighting. The rendered images from the configuration tool show a much darker shade of blue than most real-world photos. Either way, I'm happy and I think it will tie to car together.

Anyway, sorry for a bit of a hijack. Your car looks awesome, Yas_sir. I'm looking forward to more photos!

Real life photo from the forums:

Configurator rendering:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 04:41 PM   #103
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think you and I are on the same page. Too flashy for some cars, just flashy enough (without KO or FR or other reallllllllly flashy interiors) for a G80 already wearing Santorini

My car will be blues, blacks, and carbon. Like a lot of paint and leather options, the shade of blue is completely different depending on lighting. The rendered images from the configuration tool show a much darker shade of blue than most real-world photos. Either way, I'm happy and I think it will tie to car together.

Anyway, sorry for a bit of a hijack. Your car looks awesome, Yas_sir. I'm looking forward to more photos!

Real life photo from the forums:

Configurator rendering:
I love that configurator color and would be pissed if I saw my car in person for the first time with the lighter color.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 09:24 PM   #104
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I love that configurator color and would be pissed if I saw my car in person for the first time with the lighter color.
I won't be pissed, but do wonder about lighting conditions. Considering I'm in the PNW, half the year it'll be overcast and I'll have the dark blue. The other half, lots of sun (when people in this area of north america tell you "it rains all the time" take is with a handful of grains of salt).

https://www.bmw-m.com/en/topics/maga...bmw-m3-m4.html features Individual interior photos that sit somewhere in between the very well-lit "real world" photos and the "we have the dimmer turned down all the way" Configurator renders.

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 10:58 PM   #105
Yas_sir
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Haha. No worries man, it's an interesting discussion. Feel free to use this thread for it.

I did snag a picture recently. Santorini definitely lightens up a lot in direct sun. It's a lot more of a dynamic color than I thought (especially given the lack of metallic flake). Definitely glad I went with it.

Appreciate 7
evilalien450.50
chicagofan0019143.00
ando2000.50
Seedster2275.50
somer966.00
heavyD^23688.50
      08-13-2021, 11:09 PM   #106
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yas_sir View Post
Haha. No worries man, it's an interesting discussion. Feel free to use this thread for it.

I did snag a picture recently. Santorini definitely lightens up a lot in direct sun. It's a lot more of a dynamic color than I thought (especially given the lack of metallic flake). Definitely glad I went with it.

Wow, that's is pretty close to Mexico Blue in that shot. Dynamic is right.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 02:07 AM   #107
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep

Did anyone on this thread ever consider Misano Blue?

Is there a big difference between Misano and the flat blues such as Enzian, Voodoo, Santorini etc....apart from the fact that Misano is mettalic?

I was thinking that Misano may pop more in the sunshine? Thats why I have put it on my list of possible blues for my G80.

Would love to know your thoughts on this guys?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 09:11 PM   #108
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Did anyone on this thread ever consider Misano Blue?

Is there a big difference between Misano and the flat blues such as Enzian, Voodoo, Santorini etc....apart from the fact that Misano is mettalic?

I was thinking that Misano may pop more in the sunshine? Thats why I have put it on my list of possible blues for my G80.

Would love to know your thoughts on this guys?
I like the flat, personally, though that isn't really how I think about the paint. I'd describe it as very "liquid".
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 06:35 AM   #109
Yas_sir
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
I like the flat, personally, though that isn't really how I think about the paint. I'd describe it as very "liquid".
Agree, I'd definitely describe these paints as "liquid". They look like wet paint. Personally, I wanted a flat paint as well (was even looking at Signal green as an option). If you want metallic flake though, I think Misano is a great option.
Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50
      08-23-2021, 12:57 AM   #110
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yas_sir View Post
Agree, I'd definitely describe these paints as "liquid". They look like wet paint. Personally, I wanted a flat paint as well (was even looking at Signal green as an option). If you want metallic flake though, I think Misano is a great option.
+2 on the liquid description.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25086.50
evilalien450.50