12-14-2021, 11:02 AM   #1
McLaren720s
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
My car was supposed to go into production week 3. This morning status updated to "Production Begins". I'm stocked and hopefully not a bug or something!

Anyone else moved up ahead of schedule?
Attached Images

12-14-2021, 11:32 AM   #2
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
That doesn't mean it's actually on the assembly line, it means they have the parts and it has a place in line. The factory is shut down Wk 51, 52, and 1, so it may be a bit early, but you still have a bit of a wait.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 11:35 AM   #3
Sinjen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Grigio Telesto '22 M4CX

Oh don't worry...they're going to take back the 5, and add on a few months.

Just messing with you(sort of). Congrats and good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 11:48 AM   #4
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
My car was supposed to go into production week 3. This morning status updated to "Production Begins". I'm stocked and hopefully not a bug or something!

Some say production week is the week it's finished, so might not be ahead of schedule.

Call BMW and ask if there is an estimated completion date yet.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 07:55 PM   #5
ZzzHkkk
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5, 2022 M4 Xdrve

Quote:

Me too, my M4 scheduled production in week 2. but right now it shows production begins. I think our car should arrive at the same time and some production week. Do you get the VIN#?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 08:14 PM   #6
m2otwo
Private
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:

My car was also week 3 but has started production yesterday. I'm very frustrated because I was waiting for a confirmation on an individual color- worst part is my CA changed my wheel and Interior color to go along with the individual paint so now my spec is all messed up . I can live with the changes but I'm not too happy about it. I did receive a VIN.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 08:33 PM   #7
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2otwo View Post
My car was also week 3 but has started production yesterday. I'm very frustrated because I was waiting for a confirmation on an individual color- worst part is my CA changed my wheel and Interior color to go along with the individual paint so now my spec is all messed up . I can live with the changes but I'm not too happy about it. I did receive a VIN.
Your CA just decided to change your options?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 09:03 PM   #8
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

WTF? You shouldn't have to "live with it" when spending this kind of money. Your CA owes you the next allocation in the build specs you originally picked.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 09:08 PM   #9
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Mine went into production on Monday.

Any concerns about a car built over the holidays, re: quality control?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 09:10 PM   #10
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
What the actual fuck.

This is completely unacceptable and you should be raising a shit-storm with your incompetent CA. See if that's actually what happened first, then raise hell. You should not accept anything less than what you ordered regardless of whether the car costs $85k, or $25k - it's your hard-earned money and you should get exactly what you ordered.

It's amazing who these dealerships hire these days, but any CA that thinks it's okay to change your options without your blessings doesn't deserve a CA job. I'd say make a fuss and do things sooner rather than later.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 04:46 AM   #11
m2otwo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
Quote:
Your CA just decided to change your options?
I picked one color combo originally and decided to request an individual color with a different interior color and set of wheels- he changed everything over expecting to be approved for the individual paint- not expecting to go into production 5 weeks early.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 04:52 AM   #12
m2otwo
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Quote:
What the actual fuck.

This is completely unacceptable and you should be raising a shit-storm with your incompetent CA. See if that's actually what happened first, then raise hell. You should not accept anything less than what you ordered regardless of whether the car costs $85k, or $25k - it's your hard-earned money and you should get exactly what you ordered.

It's amazing who these dealerships hire these days, but any CA that thinks it's okay to change your options without your blessings doesn't deserve a CA job. I'd say make a fuss and do things sooner rather than later.
I did approve the changes BUT pending approval from bmw and the individual color. I'm not sure why he changed everything over without the color change- maybe trying to stay ahead of it? He is giving me the next available allocation if I decide to take it
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 07:11 AM   #13
McLaren720s
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzzHkkk View Post
Quote:

Me too, my M4 scheduled production in week 2. but right now it shows production begins. I think our car should arrive at the same time and some production week. Do you get the VIN#?
Yes, I got the VIN.
      12-15-2021, 07:46 AM   #14
Rono63
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

I was scheduled for week 2 but moved up to week 48. Build was completed on November 29 but it's still sitting at the port in Germany waiting for a ship.
Appreciate 0