Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everkidd View Post
Quote:
I would've thought two pieces of stainless steel pipes would be cheaper but at least it looks nice & clean, and it actually sounds good based on the video.

Nice alternative for those of us who don't want to invest in a $5k+ exhaust system
Is this your first M?

Inflation due to raw material costs... plus M-Tax
Not my first M and that's not relevant anyway. It's 2 stainless steel tubes without mufflers or advanced sound engineering. Could be any car and the cost should be the same for same size pipes.

Just because it's an M doesn't mean it should be priced higher than, say a Mustang. But again I think Akrapovic and other fancy exhaust aystems are way overpriced so there's a reference point about my perspective. Your perspective could be different.
Lol I was being facetious.

I echo everything you're saying, but this is nothing new.

M products are notoriously overpriced, especially on newly released models.
Appreciate 1
M3AWD3181.50
      05-19-2021, 12:18 PM   #24
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
mkoesel is it time for a dedicated "Engine/Drivetrain/Exhaust/Tuning" subforum?
There's already such a forum here:

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=888

Either forum could work for this thread. Once people start installing these exhausts and dyno results come in, I'm sure there will be more technical discussion about them in that forum.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2021, 01:21 PM   #25
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I would've thought two pieces of stainless steel pipes would be cheaper but at least it looks nice & clean, and it actually sounds good based on the video.

Nice alternative for those of us who don't want to invest in a $5k+ exhaust system
Is this your first M?

Inflation due to raw material costs... plus M-Tax
Not my first M and that's not relevant anyway. It's 2 stainless steel tubes without mufflers or advanced sound engineering. Could be any car and the cost should be the same for same size pipes.

Just because it's an M doesn't mean it should be priced higher than, say a Mustang. But again I think Akrapovic and other fancy exhaust aystems are way overpriced so there's a reference point about my perspective. Your perspective could be different.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 04:53 PM   #26
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCleanBMW View Post
Buy it if you want don't buy it if you don't want. Everyone has opinions and yet nobody has installed it. The price is the price. If you don't like it then go hack your car up at a muffler shop, or leave it stock. Forum posts should typically be used to contribute opinions, I get it. However, we should also show some class to a company who has provided all this info, and media. They didn't design the car, they're simply doing the best with what they've got. If you want an F90 sound then go buy an F90.

FYI - M Tax is nothing compared to supercar tax. Tuning a 720s is $5,000 minimum, from a known tuner. Catted downpipes are $5,000 minimum. Labour is stupid high, I'm about the spend the cost of this mid pipe, in labour alone, installing downpipes on my car. This same mid pipe on a non-M would be a lot less because of the volume of people they can sell to. Performance parts are about volume. They're not here to only help the community, the long-term play is $$$. Which is good, more R&D for future products.

Sean@PSI - do you have any pics of the primary cats? When these cars get cracked, would this mid-pipe be an issue when removing the primary cats in favor of test pipes? Is there a way to leaves the valves in the muffler open 100% of the time?
If you can't keep the valves open at all times, the exercise for better sound is pointless.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 08:39 PM   #27
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Wolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@PSI View Post
Currently that is still under development but will be released soon!
Great, We will take one at a steep discount to be the first customers
Fixed that for you
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 05:45 AM   #28
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Really like my maxPSI exhaust on the F80. Fantastic bang for buck. Unfortunately with their SCH in the test mule they didn't produce very many. Hope they have better luck on the G80 as their quality is very good.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 08:32 PM   #29
Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCleanBMW View Post
Buy it if you want don't buy it if you don't want. Everyone has opinions and yet nobody has installed it. The price is the price. If you don't like it then go hack your car up at a muffler shop, or leave it stock. Forum posts should typically be used to contribute opinions, I get it. However, we should also show some class to a company who has provided all this info, and media. They didn't design the car, they're simply doing the best with what they've got. If you want an F90 sound then go buy an F90.

FYI - M Tax is nothing compared to supercar tax. Tuning a 720s is $5,000 minimum, from a known tuner. Catted downpipes are $5,000 minimum. Labour is stupid high, I'm about the spend the cost of this mid pipe, in labour alone, installing downpipes on my car. This same mid pipe on a non-M would be a lot less because of the volume of people they can sell to. Performance parts are about volume. They're not here to only help the community, the long-term play is $$$. Which is good, more R&D for future products.

Sean@PSI - do you have any pics of the primary cats? When these cars get cracked, would this mid-pipe be an issue when removing the primary cats in favor of test pipes? Is there a way to leaves the valves in the muffler open 100% of the time?
This has nothing to do with class
      05-25-2021, 02:59 AM   #30
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Sean@PSI - very nice mid-pipe you fellas have built. I've always preferred the classy sophisticated sound of an X-pipe compared to a H-pipe.

Will you be developing one for the X3 M that has the very same S58 motor... ?
Where did Sean go... ?

2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:04 AM   #31
Sean@PSI
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Quote:
Sean@PSI - very nice mid-pipe you fellas have built. I've always preferred the classy sophisticated sound of an X-pipe compared to a H-pipe.

Will you be developing one for the X3 M that has the very same S58 motor... ?
The development for the X3m is apart of the plan! Just getting these G8X pipes out first and getting an X3m in for testing hopefully later next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
I think this requires welding too and you have to cut it where the existing factory welds are so it's not a bolt on but yes it really doesn't make much sense it this price point
The install of this midpipe requires no welding just cutting. Once you cut along the factory cut dimples and unbolt the old midpipe from the downpipes, all you have to do is bolt the new midpipe up and use the included OEM clamps and gaskets to connect the cut exhaust and our PSI midpipe! Install should take no longer than an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
Anyone else notice how the revs are much higher on the green car vs. the stock setup, which changes the burble. Also, it sounds like it's in sport + vs. the stock setup being in sport. That alone completely changes the burble.

Oh and good lord that car is raspy...
For the test video both cars were in the same Sport + setting and revved out to just under redline, bouncing them around in the same range. We wanted to have the closest comparison possible to highlight the difference.

Sean@PSI - do you have any pics of the primary cats? When these cars get cracked, would this mid-pipe be an issue when removing the primary cats in favor of test pipes? Is there a way to leaves the valves in the muffler open 100% of the time?[/QUOTE]

We don't have any current photos of the primary cats but it is something that we can look to do in the near future. This midpipe matches the exact fitment that is from factory, making no issues for future modification once there is a crack out. In terms of leaving the valves open, you can either put the car into sport or sport + or use the dedicated exhaust button to open the valves on startup!

Quote:

Price point comes down to a few different factors. Quality of the material, in-house RND and preparation, quality of the welds and the warranty that comes with it. Everything for this midpipe is either OEM (gaskets and clamps) or is made by our fabrication team in house at PSI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
If you can't keep the valves open at all times, the exercise for better sound is pointless.
The easiest way is to put the car into sport or sport+, keeps the valves open all the time! These new G8X cars also have a new button that is independent from everything else that allows you to open and close the valves without changing the mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
Really like my maxPSI exhaust on the F80. Fantastic bang for buck. Unfortunately with their SCH in the test mule they didn't produce very many. Hope they have better luck on the G80 as their quality is very good.
So far everything has been going perfectly with all G80 development!

Quote:
Where did Sean go... ?

Don't worry I am here!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:13 AM   #32
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Comp

I dont know jack shit about any of this stuff (cats, res, x pipe, h pipe, remove two of these, remove one of those, etc), but I want to get some more sound without rasp. Deeper sound would be okay but I actually don't mind the S58 sound, it just could be louder. What the heck should I do?

///M
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:18 AM   #33
Sean@PSI
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Wolf View Post
I dont know jack shit about any of this stuff (cats, res, x pipe, h pipe, remove two of these, remove one of those, etc), but I want to get some more sound without rasp. Deeper sound would be okay but I actually don't mind the S58 sound, it just could be louder. What the heck should I do?
Give us a call into the shop! 407-617-0372
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2022, 12:02 AM   #34
Bumper2Bumper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y (G80 On Order)

Threads like this make me sad. There are many mid pipes out there, why do people pick and chose white ones to praise and which ones to talk crap about.

I was hoping to come here and hear that some people love it and have it on their cars, and some people maybe put it on and didnt end up liking it and why...

Soo... Does anyone have this installed now? Are people enjoying it?
Appreciate 0