BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

09-08-2023, 03:28 PM   #1
kingikra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Coming from a Cayman S...

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi all

Not new to the forum. had a M2 (OG - N55) before the Cayman.
Got my M4 comp 8 days ago. Still in the break in period.

Currenly, during the break in period, I loe the BMW a lot more than the Porsche. I assume that the crisis will arrive after the first track day
I think that the M4 will be faster but less fun to drive.

So far I can say that the M4 is an all around better car than the Cayman. The Cayman looks better and lighter so a more engaging sport car to drive. The BMW has a lot more goodies in it, more comfortable, a lot better seats, a lot better exhost sound (Cayman S is 4 cyl 2.5 lit).
Having the base sound system in the porsche, The Harman Kardon is better. The M4 is a lot faster (I can easily say that even during the break in period and I haven't passed the 4000 RPM mark). There's almost not any steering feel and a bit of understeer but the steering wheel is direct and sharp.
I'm not a fan of HUD. Had it in my 2016 ATS-V but the qulity in the BMW is a lot better. Navigating by looking at the HUD is great.
Appreciate 3
tatarwj378.00
'Cane8459.00