BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

04-06-2024, 02:18 PM   #1
Ahaider
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp G82

M4 G82 ... M1 resets while M2 doesn't

I don't know if this has happened or happens to your 2022 G82 but my M1 config resets to what appears to be a default with everything in "SPORT", while I've set it to everything "SPORTS PLUS". This is annoying because it happened to me against a Tesla Model 3 ... a f**king Tesla and then I noticed against an F gen that it had been reset. I did have a recent software upgrade and probably that's the culprit but every time it happens to M1 while M2 remains the rear wheel, "SPOTS PLUS" and manual.

Let me know if anyone has experienced this and the work around.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 02:34 PM   #2
Psychos1s
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 50 Jahre Edition

Software updates unfortunately reset our M settings. It is very frustrating but at least they don't happen often. I'm sure your M2 is also resetting but is closer to what you have for that setting.

My M2 is my 'all out' mode and is essentially identical to the default EXCEPT being in manual. i didn't know this after an update and bounced off the rev limiter with fuel cut-off. I will never do that again.

2023 G80 ///M3 Competition xDrive 50 Jahre Edition • Ordered 5/4/22 • Delivered 9/23/22
Previous • 2017 F80///M3 zCP • Instagram: MRated.M3 • 2023 ///M3 50 Jahre Edition | The Journey to Ownership
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 03:26 PM   #3
Ahaider
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp G82

... well! i know the culprit at least. Hmmm! like a fail-safe ... good you didn't damage it but must've gotten a lot of engine pain burn smell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychos1s View Post
Software updates unfortunately reset our M settings. It is very frustrating but at least they don't happen often. I'm sure your M2 is also resetting but is closer to what you have for that setting.

My M2 is my 'all out' mode and is essentially identical to the default EXCEPT being in manual. i didn't know this after an update and bounced off the rev limiter with fuel cut-off. I will never do that again.
Appreciate 0