home
Technical Sections Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

04-24-2024, 07:46 AM   #133
rafaeldelrey
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition Convertible

Sebring - Long
2:32.34 - rafaeldelrey - 2024 M4 Competition xDrive Convertible - AWD - Auto Trans - (100% stock parts and fluids) -

First time on track, after 8 years. I've done track days in Brazil with other cars, before 2016. Had an amazing time at Sebring. Car is my wife's daily, convertible and I made my inscription Friday night (event on Sunday), so no time for preparation. I went driving for 1:45h and returned driving. I haven't gone to the car limits, but I'm amazed at how well the car performs, without brake fade, overheating, and other things I was used to seeing on the track. I didn't expect the car would be so good at handling. You point and it goes. I used to track heavily modded Lancer Evolution X and I thought it was an excellent car. Also tracked a 997 Turbo, but the stock suspension made the car somewhat tail-happy on braking (fun, though). Now I have another favorite.

This car doesn't have the track package, so I was having the anti-collision system activated quite often (windows rolled up and seat belts tightened).

Yesterday, my wife, who also tracked her own Evo X, ordered a new M4 (still convertible), but this time with all track options (except the ceramic brakes, since I read it here it would be terrible for daily use), CF seats, M-Driver package, etc, and a special color (Misanto Blue Metallic). She will probably add some M-Performance parts. Gonna take 4-6 months to deliver, so we will have fun with her current one in the meantime. I am considering getting a BMW M too. I just cant decide on which one yet.

I just subscribed to the next trackday in 3 weeks, and I'm in the process of choosing brake pads.

Laptime wasn't great. I was running in the novice group, learning the track line, and there was this point-by-pass rule. In the video, I could have shaved a few seconds if it wasn't for the Vette at turns 2-6, that took a while to authorize my pass.
Appreciate 2
m4ml1832.50