BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

10-15-2023, 10:39 PM   #23
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Looking forward to the race next weekend. Hopefully the weather is good and it won’t be a one sided outcome, like most other races. I personally wish the sprint still set the starting order for the race. I think there was more at stake this way and drivers really pushed.

Shameless post here. I hope this is okay. Our group of 10 is now a group of 8. Turn 12, section 4 top row. Best spot on the track right at the braking point. Anyone needing tickets to the race hit me up.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10858.50
      10-15-2023, 11:45 PM   #24
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
RBR gets called out for their classless post on "X"... they've never been a "good family" for #2's.

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...ying-fans-lm22
Summer 2017 RBR video shot at Spa-Francorchamps:

GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 06:04 AM   #25
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
^^ "Utilising an image featuring Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo instead of current driver Perez, the post ignited outrage, particularly among Mexican media, casting shadows on the team's relationships."

"Red Bull's drivers are Max Verstappen and Checo Perez. Well, to celebrate Spa staying on the calendar until 2025, the team has used an image showing Daniel Ricciardo!", declared LaSexta, a Spanish TV channel, which described the act as exhibiting "total contempt" towards the Mexican driver, Sergio Perez."
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 06:12 AM   #26
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
^^ "Utilising an image featuring Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo instead of current driver Perez, the post ignited outrage, particularly among Mexican media, casting shadows on the team's relationships."

"Red Bull's drivers are Max Verstappen and Checo Perez. Well, to celebrate Spa staying on the calendar until 2025, the team has used an image showing Daniel Ricciardo!", declared LaSexta, a Spanish TV channel, which described the act as exhibiting "total contempt" towards the Mexican driver, Sergio Perez."
''Complete overeaction'' said by me.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 06:14 AM   #27
M5Rick
General
Rep

Max and honeybear throwing axes
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 06:47 AM   #28
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
''Complete overeaction'' said by me.
No surprise here... many believe it's part of the fabric of RBR fans to applaud the team's sleazy regard for their #2's.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2023, 06:56 AM   #29
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
No surprise here... many believe it's part of the fabric of RBR fans to applaud the team's sleazy regard for their #2's.
Checo himself has not said anything lately that he is unhappy at the team.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 07:35 AM   #30
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

Ugh I spoke too soon about the weather... not looking like its going to be as cool as first predicted. Looking like low 90s now. Hopefully the humidity stays in check. Guess it means going to have to drink more to stay cool... At least no rain as of now.
Appreciate 1
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 08:26 AM   #31
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Earlier today:

GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 08:36 AM   #32
OG Shark
Rep
Drives: Angry

The relationship between Checo & RBR looks to be broken no matter if he has publicly stated his displeasure with them or not. The manner in which RBR is throwing RIC out in public along side VER speaks volumes - especially in the US. PER's support here should be very strong but they are not playing to it at all. RIC obviously has major appeal worldwide but still you wouldn't do that to this extreme without there being an issue there. Marko's comment about PER's focus - you don't say that if you plan to keep someone around. PER & VER obviously have some issues between them as well and you know RBR will do whatever is needed to keep VER happy - although I think in this case VER doesn't care much about it with PER not being able to generally come close to his pace. And RIC is doing a fine job buddying up to VER as well. It sounds funny but just think RBR is very displeased with PER's performance despite being in P2. He costs them money when he damages the car - money they could have allocated to future development instead. He has allowed others to see more of RB19 than RBR would prefer through unforced errors. More often than not he doesn't provide much help in the way of data gathering that would also help for the future. Although he is backing his way into P2 for the season he really hasn't done much to help the team this year. And even with P2 if you're not helping the team then RBR has shown to not have much tolerance in keeping them around. They obviously have a car with the potential to be amazing - but it is showing to need a pretty amazing talent to extract that full potential. I do not think RBR expects the 2nd car to match what VER can do - but I do think they expect that car to be an aid to the team and not just an also run. Overall this year PER has been more negative than positive.

Right or wrong to be pushing RIC over PER right now? I tend to feel like it is a bit uncalled for even being a RBR fan. I know why they are doing it but feel it is unnecessary. It is ok to show PER some tough love when needed - but I do think it is taking it too far right now. Nothing wrong with trotting RIC out there but PER is the current 2nd seat and deserves at minimum as much attention as RIC is being shown.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 09:34 AM   #33
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
The relationship between Checo & RBR looks to be broken no matter if he has publicly stated his displeasure with them or not. The manner in which RBR is throwing RIC out in public along side VER speaks volumes - especially in the US. PER's support here should be very strong but they are not playing to it at all. RIC obviously has major appeal worldwide but still you wouldn't do that to this extreme without there being an issue there. Marko's comment about PER's focus - you don't say that if you plan to keep someone around. PER & VER obviously have some issues between them as well and you know RBR will do whatever is needed to keep VER happy - although I think in this case VER doesn't care much about it with PER not being able to generally come close to his pace. And RIC is doing a fine job buddying up to VER as well. It sounds funny but just think RBR is very displeased with PER's performance despite being in P2. He costs them money when he damages the car - money they could have allocated to future development instead. He has allowed others to see more of RB19 than RBR would prefer through unforced errors. More often than not he doesn't provide much help in the way of data gathering that would also help for the future. Although he is backing his way into P2 for the season he really hasn't done much to help the team this year. And even with P2 if you're not helping the team then RBR has shown to not have much tolerance in keeping them around. They obviously have a car with the potential to be amazing - but it is showing to need a pretty amazing talent to extract that full potential. I do not think RBR expects the 2nd car to match what VER can do - but I do think they expect that car to be an aid to the team and not just an also run. Overall this year PER has been more negative than positive.

Right or wrong to be pushing RIC over PER right now? I tend to feel like it is a bit uncalled for even being a RBR fan. I know why they are doing it but feel it is unnecessary. It is ok to show PER some tough love when needed - but I do think it is taking it too far right now. Nothing wrong with trotting RIC out there but PER is the current 2nd seat and deserves at minimum as much attention as RIC is being shown.
Very valid and I agree. I say this to those who doubt Per, he has still won more races this year than Fer, Mcl, MB combined. For those who say it's the car, no it simply is not. The car isnt easy to drive at all, and most every other driver would struggle with it. Maybe Lec wouldnt since he like a similar grippy front with a loose rear but I don't think most would fare much better than Per has.
Appreciate 1
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 10:20 AM   #34
Marcoose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 sDrive35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Very valid and I agree. I say this to those who doubt Per, he has still won more races this year than Fer, Mcl, MB combined. For those who say it's the car, no it simply is not. The car isnt easy to drive at all, and most every other driver would struggle with it. Maybe Lec wouldnt since he like a similar grippy front with a loose rear but I don't think most would fare much better than Per has.
In decades of following F1, I’ve concluded champions have Lady Luck on their side, are at the top of their driving skills, have a good car, and the car and regulations fit their driving style. I doubt Prost, Senna and Schumacher would enjoy the same success in today’s F1. We’re already seeing how Hamilton is struggling, and yet the most successful driver of all times. In Verstappen’s case, he has a car perfectly suited to his style. In other words, it’s the car.
Appreciate 1
dfox618.00
      10-16-2023, 10:30 AM   #35
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
In decades of following F1, I’ve concluded champions have Lady Luck on their side, are at the top of their driving skills, have a good car, and the car and regulations fit their driving style. I doubt Prost, Senna and Schumacher would enjoy the same success in today’s F1. We’re already seeing how Hamilton is struggling, and yet the most successful driver of all times. In Verstappen’s case, he has a car perfectly suited to his style. In other words, it’s the car.
Yes, you certainly need a good car, but the RB is a solid all around car and the field is the closest it has EVER been in F1 history where a small mistake could mean going from P1 to P10 or worse. It's not a massively dominant car like the MB car where it was 1 second clear in quali pace and 2 seconds clear in race pace. There was literally no competition back then beyond the 2 MB cars and that was a car any average driver could win in (the drivers who were in it proved that many times over) - yet Max was able to at times be right there with a really terrible car. He is a more agile, dynamic, and adaptable driver - taking a car he isnt comfortable with and doing what no one else can. In 2022 and 2023 the first several or so races he didnt like the car yet was still winning at a rate 60% in 2023 through 5 races when he got the setup how he liked.
To me, what you can do in a bad car probably tells me more than what you can do in a good one. Max in the 5th fastest car at RB years ago was running with the best car simply because of his talent (and he wasnt mature at all so that was a major disadvantage). Now we see Ham in the second best car in the grid and he can't win nor really get close and more often than not either collides with others or makes unforced mistakes because he simply isnt good unless he's out front in a car so fast that no one can get close to it.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 10-16-2023 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60089.00
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 10:41 AM   #36
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Spot on !

But..
I see it otherwise because the other drivers , the other teams didn't got a chance to win a race because MAX won pretty much everything in this season !
MAX won already 14 from 17 races with still 5 races to go .That' is currently a winning margin of 82% !!!
So ..The driver who wants to win a race in this season must first beat MAX ..

And..
Who says that RIC would perform better than Checo in the RB19 ?
RIC must first prove himself in the Alfa Tauri . Let's see how that further goes..
I'm pretty sure , that won't be easy for RIC !

I'm sure that Checo was completely taken down by this very impressive list .As you can see...
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60089.00
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 11:19 AM   #37
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Spot on !

But..
I see it otherwise because the other drivers , the other teams didn't got a chance to win a race because MAX won pretty much everything in this season !
MAX won already 14 from 17 races with still 5 races to go .That' is currently a winning margin of 82% !!!
So ..The driver who wants to win a race in this season must first beat MAX ..

And..
Who says that RIC would perform better than Checo in the RB19 ?
RIC must first prove himself in the Alfa Tauri . Let's see how that further goes..
I'm pretty sure , that won't be easy for RIC !

I'm sure that Checo was completely taken down by this very impressive list .As you can see...
Who can forget the 2016 Barcelona one, what a complete 'coq au vin' from HAM even seing ROS's battery charge light blinking and doing a suicide move.
Win number one stamped
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 11:28 AM   #38
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Checo himself has not said anything lately that he is unhappy at the team.
The latest Interesting Update..

MAX wants to buy 'all his F1 RED BULL World Champion cars !

And ...
He wants to buy Michael Schumacher's F2004 Ferrari . Ough ! That won't be cheap !

Source is the Dutch Article => https://www.gpfans.com/nl/f1-nieuws/...-me-eens-belt/

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60089.00
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 11:42 AM   #39
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The latest Interesting Update..

MAX wants to buy 'all his F1 RED BULL World Champion cars !

And ...
He wants to buy Michael Schumacher's F2004 Ferrari . Ough ! That won't be cheap !

Source is the Dutch Article => https://www.gpfans.com/nl/f1-nieuws/...-me-eens-belt/

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...l-john-elkann/
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 11:49 AM   #40
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
MAX wants to drive with M. Schumacher's F2004 .

Yeah....You know , It's just a race car hobby my friend !

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60089.00
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 11:50 AM   #41
M5Rick
General
Rep

Villeneuve slams Ricciardo for being all tooth smiles, gumption with everything except the driving. A BOT in the making as no. 2 in RBR...maybe.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...es-villeneuve/
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 11:52 AM   #42
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
MAX wants to drive with M. Schumacher's F2004 .

Yeah....You know , It's just a race car hobby my friend !
Max wants a collection like Vettel but has he enough room for them in tight spaced Monaco.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 12:25 PM   #43
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Max wants a collection like Vettel but has he enough room for them in tight spaced Monaco.
MAX is the biggest loser in the 2023 Destruction Ranking ! P21
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick60089.00
GuidoK10858.50
      10-16-2023, 12:57 PM   #44
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
MAX is the biggest loser in the 2023 Destruction Ranking ! P21
Max at nearly just 208k in damages
Checo nearly at 2.5 M with his demolition derby
(and to see the underside 'brain dead' crash with no pressure winched up for all to see)

Last edited by M5Rick; 10-16-2023 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10858.50