G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

04-26-2024, 12:22 PM   #23
DTMfan
Private
Rep
Drives: 997.1, G80 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozye View Post
Tartufo is the color to get with IOMG.. Black is boring, silver stone has a bit of cold look to it that doesnt look right with the green IMO, and KO is too loud. Tartufo is classy, perfect, and will look good for years if you take care of it. Originally I was hesitant but it looks absolutely perfect in person.
Thanks for more pics. Believe it or not, last minute I switched from Black to Tartufo. My rationale with the colors was the same as yours. I'm very excited, the car started production last week so I'm locked in now!

I'm now trying to figure out tint level and PPF options ha. Never ending things to occupy my time with while I wait for the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 09:25 PM   #24
cozye
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp - 328ix (hers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMfan View Post
Thanks for more pics. Believe it or not, last minute I switched from Black to Tartufo. My rationale with the colors was the same as yours. I'm very excited, the car started production last week so I'm locked in now!

I'm now trying to figure out tint level and PPF options ha. Never ending things to occupy my time with while I wait for the car.
Congrats. You’ve chosen wisely! I guarantee you when you see the car and you sit in it, you are going to be overwhelmed with joy. Pics do not do it justice. The Tartufo has a nice warm tone to it. Like a warm saddle brown. It’s rich and classic.

Personally, I always tint my cars 20%. It’s just right IMO. You can still see in the car a little, so it’s not like limo tint. And I can see out of it fine. 35% is a bit light for my taste. This time I also did 70% on the windshield, which is pretty much clear. Did that for UV protection and heat reduction. My tint/ppf guy suggested and I’m happy with it. Xpel ceramic.

I did the partial PPF using Xpel, called the “track pack”. Plus the front 1/4 of the roof. All the impact areas, full hood, full front bumper, all the carbon fiber bits including front lip, all the black plastic bits around the windows (they scratch really easily and show swirls). It’s holding up great so far with 2k miles. I did ceramic as well.
Appreciate 2
Jim B1896.00
DTMfan63.00