blackops23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp

Garage List
2023 M3 Jahre  [10.00]
2019 X3M40i  [9.67]
Just installed oiomotors Racing Enhanced Clearance Front Fender Liner Aluminum Plate for for BMW G87 M2 G80 G81 M3 G82 G83 M4
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0Km2C0

Solid quality for what it is…just a black metal honeycomb style grill that appears to be powder coated black.

Simple install after taking front wheels off all you need is a 10mm socket to remove fender liner bolts, a razor blade to cut out fins, a 7/64” drill bit to match drill holes on plate and fender liner, and a 5.5mm socket (first time I’ve ever used that size I think) to tighten the tiny hardware that came with new plates.

And voila no more rubbing at all. On 20” squared 12mm spacers in front and m perf HAS. (Michelin’s) but doubt it would matter with the amount of clearance this appears to have created.

Was under $120 shipped and arrived in less than 2 weeks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 9
dini_g80188.00
A_Ziel314.00
forcefed2567.00
Needsdecaf6606.00
daza_gt51.00
Fidiman113.00
BrikM36.00
Tobster3634.00
      01-06-2024, 08:54 PM   #2
GolfCoyote
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Dang you got that faster than my R44 ones that cost twice as much haha
A_Ziel314.00
      01-06-2024, 09:15 PM   #3
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Even cheaper https://www.amazon.com/AggAuto-Unive.../dp/B09TRFP8SW just need to cut it to size lol
Appreciate 2
      01-06-2024, 09:22 PM   #4
blackops23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 M3 Jahre  [10.00]
2019 X3M40i  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
Even cheaper https://www.amazon.com/AggAuto-Unive.../dp/B09TRFP8SW just need to cut it to size lol
Yea I have some of that I was going to use when I put my CSL grill on but decided to go with the factory plastic insert instead. For what it’s worth, these plates are definitely more robust than that roll is. The plates don’t bend at all and are dead on to size. Plus you have to come up with a way to attach the mesh somehow when using the Amazon roll. Nonetheless It’s good to have options out there! Prices ranging from $30-$850 for the same outcome lol.
Appreciate 2
forcefed2567.00
Limegrntaln13473.50
      01-06-2024, 10:03 PM   #5
A_Ziel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfCoyote View Post
Dang you got that faster than my R44 ones that cost twice as much haha
Seriously, I was just thinking the same thing

Turned out great tho OP!

FLICKR
IG - g80_x_a7iii
Appreciate 2
      01-08-2024, 07:14 AM   #6
NicolasB
Not my first rodeo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3

So many sellers on here just selling Chinese stuff at double (or triple) the price you can get it directly for...like SOOO many. M tax is real
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 09:15 AM   #7
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasB View Post
So many sellers on here just selling Chinese stuff at double (or triple) the price you can get it directly for...like SOOO many. M tax is real
I mean, I kind of feel bad here. This looks like exactly the same product R44 is selling.

R44 is selling for $209 plus shipping. This off AliExpress is $95.

But I don't buy the "just selling Chinese stuff". This is just one example, but I don't believe that R44 just happened upon a reseller selling this and said "hey, let's purchase this product, market it under our name and charge double what you can get it off Ali Express". I have to believe they probably saw the issue, decided to invest the time in developing something, found a supplier to create it, and now have the supplier selling the product directly on AliExpress undercutting them and not allowing them to recoup their development time. And yes, this happens with a lot of products, but I have to believe that these companies that come up with an idea are getting the rug pulled out from under them because they can't / don't sign manufacturing contracts with exclusive distribution rights. Or they do but these resellers / manufacturers DGAF and just sell it anyway.

This happens too often and the products are too specific. I mean, who in China making automotive widgets thinks "I need to specifically come up with a revised inner fender vent which eliminates the factory fins so that you don't rub when lowered or on spacers, which is not an issue on stock cars".

Carbon fiber doo dads? Sure, that's obvious. But this? Nah....

Another case in point, these paddles on Amazon which appear to be exactly the same as the MadTrace / JQ Werks ones:

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Stee...0CB42RYSG&th=1

I have to feel like people are getting sold around their back.

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
NicolasB808.00
      01-08-2024, 09:31 AM   #8
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Not the same as the piece is rigid, framed to fit, and has clean mounting tabs. Fixing a piece of floppy bulk mesh to that location with dozens of zip ties, wire, hot glue or whatever will not look or perform the same (flop and rattle as airflows).
      01-08-2024, 09:39 AM   #9
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackops23 View Post
Yea I have some of that I was going to use when I put my CSL grill on but decided to go with the factory plastic insert instead. For what it’s worth, these plates are definitely more robust than that roll is. The plates don’t bend at all and are dead on to size. Plus you have to come up with a way to attach the mesh somehow when using the Amazon roll. Nonetheless It’s good to have options out there! Prices ranging from $30-$850 for the same outcome lol.
oops, missed this post - didn't mean to pile on forcefed . Yeah, $850 to solve this issue is insanity.
      01-08-2024, 12:24 PM   #10
NicolasB
Not my first rodeo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
I mean, I kind of feel bad here. This looks like exactly the same product R44 is selling.

R44 is selling for $209 plus shipping. This off AliExpress is $95.

But I don't buy the "just selling Chinese stuff". This is just one example, but I don't believe that R44 just happened upon a reseller selling this and said "hey, let's purchase this product, market it under our name and charge double what you can get it off Ali Express". I have to believe they probably saw the issue, decided to invest the time in developing something, found a supplier to create it, and now have the supplier selling the product directly on AliExpress undercutting them and not allowing them to recoup their development time. And yes, this happens with a lot of products, but I have to believe that these companies that come up with an idea are getting the rug pulled out from under them because they can't / don't sign manufacturing contracts with exclusive distribution rights. Or they do but these resellers / manufacturers DGAF and just sell it anyway.

This happens too often and the products are too specific. I mean, who in China making automotive widgets thinks "I need to specifically come up with a revised inner fender vent which eliminates the factory fins so that you don't rub when lowered or on spacers, which is not an issue on stock cars".

Carbon fiber doo dads? Sure, that's obvious. But this? Nah....

Another case in point, these paddles on Amazon which appear to be exactly the same as the MadTrace / JQ Werks [...]
I appreciate this response, and you are probably correct. I don't want to over generalize and make people think that I am saying these companies get all of their products from China and then mark them up, but it does seem like there is so much overlap in the market and everybody's selling the same exact stuff for totally different prices. Perhaps this is exactly what is happening and the manufacturers in China are double dipping so to speak. There's no real way to stop it from happening with the way all of the laws and our trade system works.
Appreciate 1
Needsdecaf6606.00
      01-08-2024, 01:29 PM   #11
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasB View Post
I appreciate this response, and you are probably correct. I don't want to over generalize and make people think that I am saying these companies get all of their products from China and then mark them up, but it does seem like there is so much overlap in the market and everybody's selling the same exact stuff for totally different prices. Perhaps this is exactly what is happening and the manufacturers in China are double dipping so to speak. There's no real way to stop it from happening with the way all of the laws and our trade system works.
Yup. And I didn't mean to pick on your post, either. You're certainly not the first person to say that and to be honest, you said it way more politely than many others have. Just one of those things that had been on my mind seeing some of the products, and my gears really got turning when I saw someone post those knockoff MadTrace shifters on Amazon.

I'm a pretty big fan of Money2536 and the company he's built, Obsessed Garage. He's been kind enough to reveal a lot of "behind the scenes" things of how a lot of this manufacturing and distribution works as he, in his own "unique" way (LOL Matt) forges his own path. He's been up front about how he's been burned by some products he's worked to develop but not secured sole rights to and had sold out from under him, or other companies develop copycats quickly. Given us a lot of info on white labeling, manufacturing, etc. So when I see this, I see concrete examples of what he's been quietly steaming about for the last 5 years or more.

I get it, not everyone can afford to "honor the source" as he says, and some people just don't care. But when I see stuff like this happen, I feel like I should bring up the other side of the argument to enlighten people a bit just like Matt enlightened me (and others).
Appreciate 2
NicolasB808.00
Hit_Apex2370.50
      01-08-2024, 02:34 PM   #12
blackops23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 M3 Jahre  [10.00]
2019 X3M40i  [9.67]
Certainly not trying to start a war here.
I'm just glad my tires don't rub anymore!!!

I still felt violated that I paid $100 for these after what they are. I can't imagine a huge R&D/materials expense for these plates. I guess we'll never know whose idea/design this was actually, but at the end of the day, I thank them for it!

If there's hard evidence of this somewhere, I will gladly pay some form of royalties.
Appreciate 2
daza_gt51.00
Needsdecaf6606.00
      01-08-2024, 09:03 PM   #13
daza_gt
xdrive
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp X-Drive

Its insane how much of the M aftermarket is all the same chinese product/supplier just rebranded and marked up 4-5x. Have never seen it this bad on other platforms.

Needless to say, aliexpress/baba is the first place i check now for g80 parts.
Appreciate 3
forcefed2567.00
A_Ziel314.00
      01-09-2024, 07:25 AM   #14
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daza_gt View Post
Its insane how much of the M aftermarket is all the same chinese product/supplier just rebranded and marked up 4-5x. Have never seen it this bad on other platforms.

Needless to say, aliexpress/baba is the first place i check now for g80 parts.
To my point above, do you think that R44 Performance was just cruising Aliexpress and saw some G8X fender liners and said...."hey, let me sell those with a 100% markup"?

Or do you think it's more likely that R44 saw a need for a part, worked with a contract manufacturer to design and manufacture that part, and then had that contract manufacturer decide to undercut them by selling said part on AliExpress for a 50% discount?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 04:29 PM   #15
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
To my point above, do you think that R44 Performance was just cruising Aliexpress and saw some G8X fender liners and said...."hey, let me sell those with a 100% markup"?

Or do you think it's more likely that R44 saw a need for a part, worked with a contract manufacturer to design and manufacture that part, and then had that contract manufacturer decide to undercut them by selling said part on AliExpress for a 50% discount?
China has these cars too so they make this stuff for their own market. I'm sure they ran into rubbing issues too with wider tires/spacers and made this for their own market and others bought it for their own market.
R44 announced a carbon fiber trim for the lci model recently, sure enough its also on aliexpress. I don't believe the manufacturer is selling their design behind their backs.
I know someone who has access to vorsteiners supplier, but they won't sell their stuff, but other non-vorsteiner products you can get from them.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2024, 04:33 PM   #16
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
China has these cars too so they make this stuff for their own market. I'm sure they ran into rubbing issues too with wider tires/spacers and made this for their own market and others bought it for their own market.
R44 announced a carbon fiber trim for the lci model recently, sure enough its also on aliexpress. I don't believe the manufacturer is selling their design behind their backs.
I know someone who has access to vorsteiners supplier, but they won't sell their stuff, but other non-vorsteiner products you can get from them.
Depends on the agreement you sign. It can, and has, happened. A lot.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 05:28 PM   #17
blackops23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 M3 Jahre  [10.00]
2019 X3M40i  [9.67]
Do you think these company’s care as much about the consumer as much as we supposedly care about them? If they could make a part for $0.10 and sell it to us for $2500, they would laugh all the way to the bank. I’m pretty sure I know where my ducktail spoiler came from and I paid 5x the price from a certain company so I feel I’ve paid my dues. I felt like I got the “real” product from a reputable source, but was it? I will never know…..

It sucks people’s hard work and ideas might be getting stolen, but there are ways to combat and deal with that. It would be nice for some of these companies to chime in on this and provide some supporting evidence that this is the case… doubtful any of them would show their hand to the consumer in this. I could be very wrong, I feel some products might be “theirs,” but I’d venture to say a good portion of their sales and profits are purchased/manufactured pieces marked way up.

Of course without any facts this is all speculation. I doubt there will ever be any true transparency in any of this. But at the end of the day at least my tires aren’t rubbing.
Appreciate 3
forcefed2567.00
daza_gt51.00
Sp2pilot168.50
      01-09-2024, 08:25 PM   #18
chujk1985
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 X Comp

Just FYI - you can use promo code “AEUS10” for $10 off on AliExpress
Appreciate 2
forcefed2567.00
      01-11-2024, 03:54 AM   #19
R44 Performance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Part of the process%E2%80%A6

Hope everyone’s good, just replied to our other thread on these arch inserts. So thought I’d throw the reply on here, and we can discuss.

Our arch guards are heading out this week, all the boxes are made and final labels linking to install instructions arrive today 😌 we initially didn’t order enough packaging to match our increase in order with the manufacture after getting the price down on the bulk order.

We have seen some more products pop up on the market over the xmas break. To be honest, we didn’t think too much about trying to make this product unique enough to prevent replicas etc. More just to stop the annoying noises and advising customers to heat up and push back their arches.

But we’ll take the required steps to change the mesh design and add our logo so people can see it’s ours. Performance results won’t change for the V2 it’ll just be for visuals.

We of course can’t vouch for others but we are using a high grade aluminium and quality paint to ensure longevity of the product. All our parts are made by tested manufactures that allow us to add a warranty.

When you receive our products you’ll understand the quality, have access to the detailed install guide and always backed by our warranty and support.

These are something we designed and tested for 3 months on our 1000HP M3 that has spent most its time doing high speed testing etc.

Thanks again for the continued support and patience.

Here is a play on the design, let us know if you have any ideas on design. We’ll work on it next week and get some made up to test.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13473.50
      01-11-2024, 05:44 AM   #20
blackops23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 M3 Jahre  [10.00]
2019 X3M40i  [9.67]
Appreciate you guys taking the time to explain and understand the process a little more. Design looks good! I'm sure everyone will be happy with the product and result of not hearing the annoying noises along with having the added protection against debris. If I have issues with the ones I bought, it's on me because most of the time you get what you pay for!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 10:47 AM   #21
AiBiasEdi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackops23 View Post
Appreciate you guys taking the time to explain and understand the process a little more. Design looks good! I'm sure everyone will be happy with the product and result of not hearing the annoying noises along with having the added protection against debris. If I have issues with the ones I bought, it's on me because most of the time you get what you pay for!
Planning to purchase these plates for my factory setup on p zero tires and 12mm spacers square. How is it holding up?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2024, 03:33 PM   #22
blackops23
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 M3 Jahre  [10.00]
2019 X3M40i  [9.67]
Holding up well I don’t anticipate any issues with this. It’s pretty solid.
Appreciate 0