04-18-2021, 10:19 AM   #67
Stephen5242
Canada EH!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbe08001 View Post
Shmee has to be one of the most annoying people alive. Hate that guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
I watched this guy once and never after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellapizza View Post
Wouldn't trust the guy who makes millions saying ONLY positive things about cars. Rarely does Shmee tell the full truth in his "reviews". This is why I stopped watching him years ago. Car makers give him insane access cause he bends over for every manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms-01 View Post
Why would BMW hitch their wagon to this guy? Is it because he agreed to praise them no matter what? He is the one of the worst if not the worst automotive yt "reviewers."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockArrival View Post
Yeah I love seeing these how-it's-made factory videos, but I could go the rest of my days without ever hearing "SchmeeMobile" again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKthePM View Post
For his size (literally and financially), G80 is small indeed.

What annoys me the most about this guy is his voice. I almost always turn OFF the video when he says - Hey Guys, it's Shmeeeeeeeeeee.
And yet here you are? How ironic!

Last edited by Stephen5242; 04-18-2021 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 01:38 PM   #68
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F80 M-DCT

Crazy how different the car looks with slight black-out.
Attached Images

04-18-2021, 01:48 PM   #69
mathys
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G82 - G01 - F56

I could watch those robot arms painting all day long!

I think we can thank all the you-tubers and new generation of owners for the hideous grill..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 08:17 PM   #70
dappercivility
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

I do watch shmee videos from time to time if there are interesting cars. I don't hate on him but I feel he is not that good of a driver, he does not really push the cars hard and doesn't seem adept at driving around a race track. It gets boring rather quickly though I must say, he does have some rather interesting content for the factory videos of his cars being built. Give the guy a break. He is just making a living on his YouTube channel. If you don't like it, just don't watch it. I don't so I won't get pissed over the way he talks
      04-19-2021, 06:15 AM   #71
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen5242 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dappercivility View Post
I do watch shmee videos from time to time if there are interesting cars. I don't hate on him but I feel he is not that good of a driver, he does not really push the cars hard and doesn't seem adept at driving around a race track. It gets boring rather quickly though I must say, he does have some rather interesting content for the factory videos of his cars being built. Give the guy a break. He is just making a living on his YouTube channel. If you don't like it, just don't watch it. I don't so I won't get pissed over the way he talks
Not able to drive and not a good driver? It is more a respectable driver sticking to the rules and not being a knobhead on the road. We get loads of messages from parents but also enthusiasts about Tim's respectable approach to being on the road. Also I will leave this video here for you guys to watch and determine if he isn't a good driver:

To answer everyone's questions here, BMW M and I have been working on this opportunities for a few months. Tim would normally have gone to the factory, but he was in the US when the car was build. Therefore we couldn't make it work. The team at the factory made the content for us and we greatly appreciate their efforts to make this work for us.

Next to this, lots of answers here are based around simply not understanding or knowing the real story behind our content. For a fact, Tim doesn't review cars and never will do. He is not a journalist. He shares his experience behind the wheel like any other person. Only difference is that he has millions of people watching the content. Reviews are for journalists who are other members of the media space.

If you ever have questions about the influencer space, then feel free to drop me a DM here or on my Instagram @Shmarc150. I happily answer your questions.

MR

P.s. My contact at BMW M and I really enjoyed reading all of this. For now keep it coming guys... Enjoy your cars
Appreciate 6
bri10425884.50
Sedan_Clan24973.00
Ibiza3596.00
emix8473.00
sahajesh2294.00
      04-19-2021, 09:14 AM   #72
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
He's so annoying that I couldn't even watch the whole video.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 03:39 PM   #73
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
P.s. My contact at BMW M and I really enjoyed reading all of this. For now keep it coming guys... Enjoy your cars
So can you pass along that we'd love to get the option to get photos or videos of our own cars moving along the assembly line?

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 04:03 PM   #74
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
So can you pass along that we'd love to get the option to get photos or videos of our own cars moving along the assembly line?
They can't provide this to you. The reason is quite simply because they are other future cars on the line you are not allowed to see.

They start putting new cars on the line like 1.5 years before the cars are really shown to the world. We were standing next to many pre-production M8's rolling of the production line or being painted, when you were still looking at camo-cars. This happened when we filmed the M5 production a few years ago.

Also not every single person working on the cars wants to be on camera or wants to be filmed, so this is unfortunately not something that can be done ever.

To arrange the filming of this M3, every person that was filmed needs to be cleared and sign an agreement that all is OK with getting filmed. He or she needs to be fine with being filmed.

If they are not OK with this, then you need to move the car up or down the production schedule, or you can't film a specific station along the line.

Also every photo and video needs to be checked by the factory's PR team that you don't film or photograph anything that is secret or can't be revealed. Often there are special cars, unique production samples or tests around you, you can't show.

After having filmed the production lines of Akrapovic, Ford, BMW, McLaren, Koenigsegg, Pagani, Porsche and Morgan, we have experienced enough times that there was something we could not show. It would therefore not work to have a constant video stream looking at the line with your car passing by.

MR
Appreciate 5
Ibiza3596.00
Dzo76.00
bri10425884.50
sahajesh2294.00
jonahk703.50
      04-19-2021, 04:16 PM   #75
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
They can't provide this to you. The reason is quite simply because they are other future cars on the line you are not allowed to see.

They start putting new cars on the line like 1.5 years before the cars are really shown to the world. We were standing next to many pre-production M8's rolling of the production line or being painted, when you were still looking at camo-cars. This happened when we filmed the M5 production a few years ago.

Also not every single person working on the cars wants to be on camera or wants to be filmed, so this is unfortunately not something that can be done ever.

To arrange the filming of this M3, every person that was filmed needs to be cleared and sign an agreement that all is OK with getting filmed. He or she needs to be fine with being filmed.

If they are not OK with this, then you need to move the car up or down the production schedule, or you can't film a specific station along the line.

Also every photo and video needs to be checked by the factory's PR team that you don't film or photograph anything that is secret or can't be revealed. Often there are special cars, unique production samples or tests around you, you can't show.

After having filmed the production lines of Akrapovic, Ford, BMW, McLaren, Koenigsegg, Pagani, Porsche and Morgan, we have experienced enough times that there was something we could not show. It would therefore not work to have a constant video stream looking at the line with your car passing by.

MR
All fair points and a few items I didn't even consider.

I would say that where there is a will, there is a way to provide something if they really wanted to. It wouldn't be hard to setup a camera angle for photos that would capture a specific cropped shot in the paint booth or as the car rolls off the assembly line, etc all while not capturing people or other models in development. Of course this isn't likely worth the cost to BMW to implement...but something all us enthusiasts would love to see!

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
snareman9041.50
      04-19-2021, 06:37 PM   #76
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen5242 View Post
[IMG]https://shmee150.com/wp-content/uplo...shmee150-1.gif[/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dappercivility View Post
Not able to drive and not a good driver? It is more a respectable driver sticking to the rules and not being a knobhead on the road. We get loads of messages from parents but also enthusiasts about Tim's respectable approach to being on the road. Also I will leave this video here for you guys to watch and determine if he isn't a good driver:

To answer everyone's questions here, BMW M and I have been working on this opportunities for a few months. Tim would normally have gone to the factory, but he was in the US when the car was build. Therefore we couldn't make it work. The team at the factory made the content for us and we greatly appreciate their efforts to make this work for us.

Next to this, lots of answers here are based around simply not understanding or knowing the real story behind our content. For a fact, Tim doesn't review cars and never will do. He is not a journalist. He shares his experience behind the wheel like any other person. Only difference is that he has millions of people watching the content. Reviews are for journalists who are other members of the media space.

If you ever have questions about the influencer space, then feel free to drop me a DM here or on my Instagram @Shmarc150. I happily answer your questions.

MR

Cool Shmee vid!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 02:48 AM   #77
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
All fair points and a few items I didn't even consider.

I would say that where there is a will, there is a way to provide something if they really wanted to. It wouldn't be hard to setup a camera angle for photos that would capture a specific cropped shot in the paint booth or as the car rolls off the assembly line, etc all while not capturing people or other models in development. Of course this isn't likely worth the cost to BMW to implement...but something all us enthusiasts would love to see!
Yep, but BMW needs to cut costs not spend more, so this won't happen any time soon. It is not in any shape or form of interest. It would just create unnecessary hassle and impact on the production. I would prefer them to offer Individual colors on M2's over having a camera look at someone's car on the line.

MR
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 03:34 AM   #78
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Very cool video. I've always wanted to see my car being made, either in Munich or Spartanburg.

Again, Shmee... isn't that Anakin Skywalker's mom?
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 10:33 AM   #79
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Very cool video. I've always wanted to see my car being made, either in Munich or Spartanburg.

Again, Shmee... isn't that Anakin Skywalker's mom?
Nope that is Shmi!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shmi_Skywalker_Lars

MR
Appreciate 1
bri10425884.50
      04-22-2021, 03:17 PM   #80
r3dbimmer89
Major
Rep
Drives: P-Car

Quote:

MR
All fair points but I still think we could get something going like Porsche's does now with all new custom ordered 911's. Customers get up loaded photos of their car coming down the assembly line in the MyPorsche App (Albeit, it can be glitchy at times but it is something).

As well, I have toured most of the big German plants as well since I spend a fair amount of time in Germany for work purposes (pre-COVID) and there are always general plant tours going on and if there is something special coming down the line, they just don't take you in that area. There is always a way to make us feel special enough if they wanted to
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
chicagofan0019057.50
snareman9041.50
Sedan_Clan24973.00
      04-25-2021, 06:03 AM   #81
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dbimmer89 View Post
Quote:

MR
All fair points but I still think we could get something going like Porsche's does now with all new custom ordered 911's. Customers get up loaded photos of their car coming down the assembly line in the MyPorsche App (Albeit, it can be glitchy at times but it is something).

As well, I have toured most of the big German plants as well since I spend a fair amount of time in Germany for work purposes (pre-COVID) and there are always general plant tours going on and if there is something special coming down the line, they just don't take you in that area. There is always a way to make us feel special enough if they wanted to
that's a beautiful car

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2021, 06:30 AM   #82
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dbimmer89 View Post
Quote:

MR

That's pretty damn cool.
Appreciate 0