G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

04-21-2021, 09:44 AM   #45
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Did he say that run was on 98 octane? Thats gotta be good for at least a few xtra hp, no?
98 RON is comparable to 93ish in the US.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 10:21 AM   #46
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josehb View Post
Oh so you know who I was referring to I could have given a better review that that guy from Canada.

Totally disagree, did you see this video, why you think he waited until 2000 kilometers and the software update keep looking thru out this forum and you will find that a few who have tested this car with only a few miles claim that is not even faster or just as fast as the M340 and claim that the car feels more aggressive after the 1200 mile service . I traded my2021 M340 for my current G80 and I can tell you that in the highway from about 60 to 100 mph it not does not feel any faster than the M340.
Yeah, he was full of bullcrap in his "review". Don't know his name, have to recheck the review threads here.

They waited to go on to the dyno after the break-in because, maybe, just maybe, it's not a great Idea to go on a Dyno BEFORE the break-in service ?
You know, to not harm the car which these guys paid 100 grand. Just an idea.

Just wait after your break in period, you won't feel a difference.

And maybe you should also check out how exactly and where you feel the big difference from the G80 to the M340i, only 60-100 is not the reference. altough it is factually quicker in this segment.

*edit*
found the thread.
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1808961

oh wonder, he removed the video from youtube. lol....

Last edited by Scorp!on; 04-21-2021 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: addition
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #47
josehb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3C Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Yeah, he was full of bullcrap in his "review". Don't know his name, have to recheck the review threads here.

They waited to go on to the dyno after the break-in because, maybe, just maybe, it's not a great Idea to go on a Dyno BEFORE the break-in service ?

And maybe you should also check out how exactly and where you feel the big difference from the G80 to the M340i, only 60-100 is not the reference. altough it is factually quicker in this segment.

*edit*
found the thread.

Yes, he removed it. I also search for it and could not found it, I only have 430 miles on my so maybe next month I'll take it in for the break in service and after that I already have a Track day scheduled,
in June can't wait. I give an update after the service.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 03:47 PM   #48
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post

*edit*
found the thread.

Yes, he removed it. I also search for it and could not found it, I only have 430 miles on my so maybe next month I'll take it in for the break in service and after that I already have a Track day scheduled,
in June can't wait. I give an update after the service.
Please show in the manual where it says reduced power output until first service is completed.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 02:07 PM   #49
josehb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Please show in the manual where it says reduced power output until first service is completed.
Is not in the manual, is something the customer does not have to know as it would encourage then to test the engine beyond what it should be during this period , is BMW protecting their product and customers that are irresponsible during this period.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 03:13 PM   #50
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Is not in the manual, is something the customer does not have to know as it would encourage then to test the engine beyond what it should be during this period , is BMW protecting their product and customers that are irresponsible during this period.
there are several videos showing how people made freaking donuts on over 6k rpm just right after they picked up the car.

I'm sorry but you definetely get the full Power from the first second...it's up to the owner to take care of the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 04:10 PM   #51
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
BMW would be in a world of hurt if a regular M3 owner was involved in a botched overtake accident due to restricted running in power mode not delivering what he expected. They would therefore definitely include a warning in the manual, even in the cluster if what you say is true.

My S55 engined car warns me about reduced power when I start it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 07:46 PM   #52
josehb
Private First Class
Rep

The manual does say to keep RPM below 5500 during the break in period.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 01:44 PM   #53
PeregrineFalcon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: vw cc

Appreciate 0