G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

06-02-2023, 10:46 PM   #67
Type M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24 M4CX On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajboston66 View Post
Just joined the club last week. I lucked out on a newly arrived car that happened to become available at a dealer in RI.

Here are a few basic iPhone shots from the dealer (before car was prepped/detailed for delivery). Car is now off for a full xpel stealth PPF wrap as this will be a year round daily driver in Boston.

Aside from Frozen White exterior this one has the extended leather interior in Fjord Blue/Black. I was skeptical about the blue as it always appears too bright to me in photos but IRL it’s a lot more toned down and works nicely with the Frozen white. Blue calipers on the M compound brakes tie in nicely too.
Congrats! Awesome spec!
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2023, 03:02 PM   #68
Frosty_M4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 G82 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
2015 Audi S5  [0.00]
Love to see some of your builds as I wait for mine to come from the factory.
Man has it been a stressful last couple weeks deciding if this color is for me.

First off, just want to say that I love this paint and in person it looks 10x better. I currently have a full black metallic car and it is a nightmare to keep clean (looks amazing when it is though).

I daily the crap out of it and plan to daily the M4 as well. I like to drive my cars the way they are meant to be driven.
I live in Florida so all we really see is rain and some rocks on the highway as i'm sure all states have. I have the ability to take regular roads instead of highways when I need to commute if needed.

I just went to see a frozen white g83 that was getting Xpel Stealth PPF to see how the color looks in person with the stealth on it. I did notice the color/hue gets dulled down a bit with the stealth PPF. Would hate to spend $4k on a paint just to cover it up and get rid of the true color.

Basically, i'm having this huge dilemma of whether a full front Xpel Stealth PPF will match the rest of the car. (Hood, bumper, fenders). The quote for a full PPF is over $8k and i've already broken the bank buying the M4.

I'm almost leaning towards ceramic coating the car, properly cleaning it and driving the shit out of it with no PPF if the Xpel Stealth doesn't match.

I know all about Dr Beasley's for maintenance and paint care. As I wait for the car to finish production this has been driving me crazy. Does anyone here have any experience or advice with the Stealth PPF? Any advice would be appreciated so I can stop overthinking this all.

Thank you for listening to my rant
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 04:13 PM   #69
RF100
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty_M4 View Post
Love to see some of your builds as I wait for mine to come from the factory.
Man has it been a stressful last couple weeks deciding if this color is for me.

First off, just want to say that I love this paint and in person it looks 10x better. I currently have a full black metallic car and it is a nightmare to keep clean (looks amazing when it is though).

I daily the crap out of it and plan to daily the M4 as well. I like to drive my cars the way they are meant to be driven.
I live in Florida so all we really see is rain and some rocks on the highway as i'm sure all states have. I have the ability to take regular roads instead of highways when I need to commute if needed.

I just went to see a frozen white g83 that was getting Xpel Stealth PPF to see how the color looks in person with the stealth on it. I did notice the color/hue gets dulled down a bit with the stealth PPF. Would hate to spend $4k on a paint just to cover it up and get rid of the true color.

Basically, i'm having this huge dilemma of whether a full front Xpel Stealth PPF will match the rest of the car. (Hood, bumper, fenders). The quote for a full PPF is over $8k and i've already broken the bank buying the M4.

I'm almost leaning towards ceramic coating the car, properly cleaning it and driving the shit out of it with no PPF if the Xpel Stealth doesn't match.

I know all about Dr Beasley's for maintenance and paint care. As I wait for the car to finish production this has been driving me crazy. Does anyone here have any experience or advice with the Stealth PPF? Any advice would be [...]
I don't have frozen white, I have frozen black and I had the same concern as you did. I think i can help offer some input. I went and got full STEK PPF with a ceramic coat as well. I attached a before/after picture in the same light, same camera, same angle so you can see the effects off the PPF (top is before). I will be honest, it changed the color/sheen slightly. Not necessarily made it worse but it did change. So it's the trade off of a slight color change for the protection / peace of mind of PPF. I also had a buddy who hooked me up with a great deal on the full body PPF / ceramic coat for $5000 total.

I'll be totally honest, for $8,000+ I wouldn't have done it. I would've just said screw it and enjoyed the car and taken the best care I could have and not sweat and rock chips/scratches. But either way I don't think there's a bad decision. If rock chips / scratches really bother you though, I would definitely get PPF as you will be too stressed when you get them and can't fix them. I had a rock scratch after my first drive and that convinced me to do it. But no matter what people tell you, the PPF will change it a bit and the factory frozen paint has its own uniqueness for sure.

Hopefully this helps you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Frosty_M4150.00
CJ4211550.00
      11-07-2023, 10:08 AM   #70
F90Joe
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5c

Cool

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 06:07 AM   #71
R44 Performance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Part of the process%E2%80%A6

Very Clean!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 10:43 AM   #72
Kev.k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Amarok Highline

Thinking of making an offer on a frozen white car.

Would worry with Manchester weather but it’s wrapped in satin expel ultimate transparent ppf.

So the ad says anyway.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 08:27 AM   #73
utsteve98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

I have an order on the FBW in place. I currently don’t have the exterior carbon fiber spec’d. Yes, I think we all agree the CF in the front air inlets looks better than the honeycomb thingy. However, in several videos of the color, it seems like the black mirrors, diffuser, and mirror caps contrast quite well and IMO better with this color than the CF pieces. Without seeing either combination in person, it’s hard to make a final call. For those that do have either of these, your thoughts on one combo over the other? Im especially interested in those that had the opportunity to see both combos in person and would like your comparison thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:10 PM   #74
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.k View Post
Thinking of making an offer on a frozen white car.

Would worry with Manchester weather but it’s wrapped in satin expel ultimate transparent ppf.

So the ad says anyway.
It will be fine.

Appreciate 0