Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Adding my contribution
1000M’s
I got Yokohama Advan Sport V107 Star tires
285/30/ZR20 front
295/25/ZR21 rear
Built in March 2023, west coast VDC (assuming that’s where the wheels are swapped out)
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13433.50
      11-06-2023, 10:57 PM   #24
omerahmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Adding my contribution
1000M’s
I got Yokohama Advan Sport V107 Star tires
285/30/ZR20 front
295/25/ZR21 rear
Built in March 2023, west coast VDC (assuming that’s where the wheels are swapped out)
Are the Yokohamas any good? Thinking of ordering the 1000M's but there are no PS4S star for the rear 295's.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13433.50
      11-06-2023, 11:00 PM   #25
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerahmer View Post
Are the Yokohamas any good? Thinking of ordering the 1000M's but there are no PS4S star for the rear 295's.
No issues on this end but honestly I have not taken the car to it’s limit to really know. I’ve done some drifting and the tires held up great but no track or canyon runs.

They are star spec though so that has to account for something
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13433.50
      11-07-2023, 12:38 AM   #26
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
I was worried about them when I got them, but, I was surprised that they were amazing in the wet. I got stuck in Walnut Creek, when it wasn't supposed to rain, and I figured this was my only chance in the wet, because I didn't want to drive the car in the rain, as it was, but, since I got stuck in it, I tried a launch at the light, totally expecting it to get sideways, but hook. Nope, it just went. No spinning, no drama.

I drove home from Walnut Creek to Sac, in it, also expecting them to not do well in the wet, I couldn't get them to slip, at all.

I just took them off the car about a month ago. Ill be selling them, eventually. Right now, theyre just collecting dust. I have a few thousand highway miles on the tires, and expected them to be wearing a little, nope, all 4 tires still have the center mold lines down the middle of the tread.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M4Tejas780.50
      12-10-2023, 06:19 PM   #27
omerahmer
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I was worried about them when I got them, but, I was surprised that they were amazing in the wet. I got stuck in Walnut Creek, when it wasn't supposed to rain, and I figured this was my only chance in the wet, because I didn't want to drive the car in the rain, as it was, but, since I got stuck in it, I tried a launch at the light, totally expecting it to get sideways, but hook. Nope, it just went. No spinning, no drama.

I drove home from Walnut Creek to Sac, in it, also expecting them to not do well in the wet, I couldn't get them to slip, at all.

I just took them off the car about a month ago. Ill be selling them, eventually. Right now, theyre just collecting dust. I have a few thousand highway miles on the tires, and expected them to be wearing a little, nope, all 4 tires still have the center mold lines down the middle of the tread.
Good to know, but how are they in the dry? For spirited driving, etc.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13433.50
      12-10-2023, 06:27 PM   #28
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Good to know, but how are they in the dry? For spirited driving, etc.
I think they’re great. I think the thing to keep in mind is, they’re BMW Star Marked. Which in BMWs eyes, it doesn’t matter what manufacturer produces the tire, they want all of their tires to perform the same on the specific model.

BMW works with each of the tire manufacturers to put out a consistent product, based on how they want the car to perform. Getting an off the shelf tire in the same model, the tire is designed for overall performance, while the Star marked tire, is designed on how BMW wants the car to perform with that tire.

Here’s an example of how BMW works with manufacturers to get the most they can out of the tire for its design. And a video explaining how it works. In the picture with the Star spec tire, the Black Carbon +++ is lifted straight from the Sport Cup 2. So, the tire is a PS4S/ Cup 2 hybrid.

https://youtu.be/COA630Juf_U?si=ZObagyRXXTSNXgaq
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1473.00
M4Tejas780.50
      12-10-2023, 10:03 PM   #29
omerahmer
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I think they’re great. I think the thing to keep in mind is, they’re BMW Star Marked. Which in BMWs eyes, it doesn’t matter what manufacturer produces the tire, they want all of their tires to perform the same on the specific model.

BMW works with each of the tire manufacturers to put out a consistent product, based on how they want the car to perform. Getting an off the shelf tire in the same model, the tire is designed for overall performance, while the Star marked tire, is designed on how BMW wants the car to perform with that tire.

Here’s an example of how BMW works with manufacturers to get the most they can out of the tire for its design. And a video explaining how it works. In the picture with the Star spec tire, the Black Carbon +++ is lifted straight from the Sport Cup 2. So, the tire is a PS4S/ Cup 2 hybrid.

https://youtu.be/COA630Juf_U?si=ZObagyRXXTSNXgaq
Thank you for this information. I plan to order a G80 LCI in Dravit Grey, like yours, but in like 2 years lol. I am in love with the 1000M wheels, so it's good to know that BMW isn't screwing around with tires.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13433.50