G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

05-24-2021, 03:22 AM   #67
mbanck
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 320ci, BMW F34 330dx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
Wow so basically full electrical component warranty being denied because someone turned off the puddle lights? (I went a few threads deep there)
Can you be more specific so we don't have to go through that thread again? Last time I read it, it was about the thread starter changing the FA - that's something else than some puny bimmercode coding.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 07:41 AM   #68
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
....you forgot the drugs. What about the drugs?!?
Fuck it!! Just have unprotected sex while on drugs in the backseat of that unsafe car at the track!!!
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24980.50
3some!15.00
      05-24-2021, 08:50 AM   #69
Ciber
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
I don't get you? He wants to know how to turn off his sensors? I told him how to do it. I didn't tell him it's a good idea. He's a big boy
Well, if you know is a bad advice why don't you say it? I mean, I appreciate the effort but you should tell me if is not ok. I give advices in here too, but I disclose if something might not be good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
And he just pointed out it was bad advice to give to the owner of a Gxx xdrive car...

Bad advice is bad advice, regardless who you give it to or if you follow your own advice or not.
Can you guys enlighten me what is the issue or what is negative about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
TPMS is not required in Canada so you should be able to code it off. Canadian cars use wheel speed sensors to calculate rotational differential to detect a flat. At least that's how all BMWs I know of have been setup for as long as I can remember.
That's what I have on The X1.
maybe my X4 has the same, not sure yet.
But my 2021 M340i (Canadian Performance Edition) has that TPMS (as per my Service advisor). I have replaced the RFT as soon as the car arrived and pick it up with new Michelin PS4 that I bought for it. But since I brought it home it bugs me non stop with "inflate tires). Not to mention it did not calibrate the system, I needed to put the dimensions manually. Plus the door jam says 38 and the computer suggests 49 PSI? I am confused.
Do you know what can be done?
I will gladly just throw the TPMS in the garbage and go without it. I will recheck on Monday to see if I have TPMS for sure.
All I got from this is that your dealer screwed up.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 09:28 AM   #70
jonahk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Porsche Macan  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
Wow so basically full electrical component warranty being denied because someone turned off the puddle lights? (I went a few threads deep there)
Can you be more specific so we don't have to go through that thread again? Last time I read it, it was about the thread starter changing the FA - that's something else than some puny bimmercode coding.
Don't have the link handy but that thread references a few others. The one that got me was a guy who made a change to iDrive, and the dealer voided his warranty for an issue related to the backup camera.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 06:49 AM   #71
Ilyam5
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
That was awesome. 5000-7200 rpms is so sweet on the S58 and he really uses that top end in the taller gears. Video makes me super excited for xDrive with all that power. Just power through!
I would go even further and say - for RWD on street tires - Competition model has too much power and torque. He constantly fights oversteer and can not apply full throttle on exit. R comps might help but looks like

- x drive is the way to go on Comp Model
- manual with it significant reduction in torque is better suited for RWD
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 04:31 PM   #72
IcewaterPete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT

Great video! Just makes me want to get in the car and go...
Appreciate 0