05-25-2021, 05:00 PM   #47
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshark View Post
Ok. I might be slow, but your grill looks very different than the pictures I see on the website. Am I miss using something? Granted I have only seen one M4 in person, it had the huge grill. And I have yet to see an M3 in person...
He posted multiple cars. His new M3 has the large grille.
Appreciate 1
CanuckM665.50
      05-25-2021, 05:00 PM   #48
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshark View Post
Ok. I might be slow, but your grill looks very different than the pictures I see on the website. Am I miss using something? Granted I have only seen one M4 in person, it had the huge grill. And I have yet to see an M3 in person...
He posted multiple cars. His new M3 has the large grille.
Just realizing that haha
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25019.00
CanuckM665.50
      05-25-2021, 05:45 PM   #49
TEGRITY
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialogical View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEGRITY View Post
Congrats, beautiful combo!

Although, I do not agree that the interior quality is better. Yes, it does look updated and fresh but the quality of materials and the symmetry was better in F8x. But, if we are comparing with competitors, then I would agree. Even Audis have been going downhill these days with their interior quality, when BMW seems to have maintained their standards.

IMO, it's more about the tech and looks rather than the underlying quality itself with interiors these days and there's nothing wrong with approach, I suppose.
I won't argue questions of taste but your claim that the materials are higher quality is suspect.
I am sort of trying to say the same thing. Just because it looks refreshed and new doesn't mean it's better quality was my point.
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2021, 06:48 PM   #50
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegrity View Post
congrats, beautiful combo!

Although, i do not agree that the interior quality is better. Yes, it does look updated and fresh but the quality of materials and the symmetry was better in f8x. But, if we are comparing with competitors, then i would agree. Even audis have been going downhill these days with their interior quality, when bmw seems to have maintained their standards.

Imo, it's more about the tech and looks rather than the underlying quality itself with interiors these days and there's nothing wrong with approach, i suppose.
i won't argue questions of taste but your claim that the materials are higher quality is suspect.
real sus 👀
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2021, 08:53 PM   #51
geddylee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7, 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Just drove a couple of competitors (RS5, Alfa Quadrifoglio). I agree wholeheartedly with your last line. The tech, build quality, and handling of the G8x is simply first rate. This latest gen puts this car way closer to the 911 than an M3’s ever been. That makes it a remarkable value.
Curious as to your thoughts on the RS5 as I am considering one but have not driven the G80 or Alfa.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 10:22 AM   #52
Moonbags
Tourist
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite M340xi

Tanzanite Blue II has got to be my all-time favorite non-white-or-black car color.
Appreciate 1
CanuckM665.50
      05-26-2021, 11:31 AM   #53
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbags View Post
Tanzanite Blue II has got to be my all-time favorite non-white-or-black car color.
...which is why I had a TB 2015 M4 with Silverstone interior for about a year, complete with CCBs...and now my 2021 M4 with Silverstone interior with CCBs is on the ship as we speak.

Obviously I agree
Appreciate 1
CanuckM665.50
      05-26-2021, 10:49 PM   #54
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by geddylee View Post
Curious as to your thoughts on the RS5 as I am considering one but have not driven the G80 or Alfa.
Ironically, it's the RS5 that drives like a pumped up M340i. The M340i drives quite well, so that's actually complimentary.

Like the M340i, the RS5 driving experience is optimized much more for daily driving pleasure and "medium" spirited driving than the M4 is. The car takes off from stoplights exceptionally well. It's effortless; no need for launch mode to extract excellent performance. The steering is pleasantly light and comfortable and also conveys a feeling of effortlessness. While the M4 will absolutely take you around corners faster and with more chassis composure, the RS5 is a bit more pleasant to point when you're going 6/10ths. The M4 has heavier steering even on Comfort, and in comparison to the Audi, is more of a chore to steer at low speeds.

Driving M3/4s for years, many times I've experienced the relief of taking a few days off from the high-strung M and driving a comfy, torquey, easy-to-operate standard 3/4-series loaner for a couple of days while my car's in for service. I don't think I'd experience that with the also comfy, also torquey, also easy-to-operate RS5. On the other hand, the Audi gives up a meaningful amount of measurable performance. It doesn't quite have the front end grip, the high-end power, and the superb chassis stability of the G8x. Its 'excitement peaks' are lower than the M's. There's less to learn and master since it's designed to make its party tricks super accessible to you for everyday use. Ultimately, the G8x is a more special car - it rarely takes more than 3 days for me to want to give back the loaner and get back in the M.

Drive both and really consider what you truly want out of your next car.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25019.00
PLF693766.00
Ilyam5893.00
      05-27-2021, 07:08 AM   #55
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

@02M3ForMe

I really like how you described your RS5 driving experience, you seem to have a similar vision and experience of day to day driving to mine. I did test drive an RS5 once and had the same feeling about it.

Wondering if you have experience driving a C63/S ? Asking because my M3 order feels like it's going to not go trough with no allocation and I have the opportunity to a 2020 used GLC63S (suv format in Canada) or maybe a C63S that I could lease or buy while waiting for the LCI M3.

I have owned my M2 for nearly 33 months and tracked it 5+ times every summer wich as always been a blast but I stored it every winter and did not particularly enjoy using it on the street because of the crashy suspension, I like it when I push it to 8-9/10ths on track but find it a bit boring on the street and I don't have the roads around here to push it's handling.

I want a car I will enjoy everyday summer and winter and that I can still take to the track to have some fun even if I have to do some concession on track performance.
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 08:37 AM   #56
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
@02M3ForMe

I really like how you described your RS5 driving experience, you seem to have a similar vision and experience of day to day driving to mine. I did test drive an RS5 once and had the same feeling about it.

Wondering if you have experience driving a C63/S ? Asking because my M3 order feels like it's going to not go trough with no allocation and I have the opportunity to a 2020 used GLC63S (suv format in Canada) or maybe a C63S that I could lease or buy while waiting for the LCI M3.

I have owned my M2 for nearly 33 months and tracked it 5+ times every summer wich as always been a blast but I stored it every winter and did not particularly enjoy using it on the street because of the crashy suspension, I like it when I push it to 8-9/10ths on track but find it a bit boring on the street and I don't have the roads around here to push it's handling.

I want a car I will enjoy everyday summer and winter and that I can still take to the track to have some fun even if I have to do some concession on track performance.
Are you waiting for the m3 xdrive or rwd for all year use.

I went from an F80 to F87 comp to Model Y but trying to determine if I should get another m2 or new M3 for occasional all year driving.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 09:59 AM   #57
PLF69
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
Quote:
@02M3ForMe

Are you waiting for the m3 xdrive or rwd for all year use.

I went from an F80 to F87 comp to Model Y but trying to determine if I should get another m2 or new M3 for occasional all year driving.
For me it's M3 6MT RWD with buckets, other models don't interest me much.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 01:06 PM   #58
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckM View Post
I finally picked up my new G80 today after ordering on March 6th!

The spec:

6 speed manual
Tanzanite Blue II on Full Kyalami Orange
Premium Pack, Black 826Ms
Shadowline Headlights
CF interior trim and Full Leather.
Wow, congrats! And yeah - that's EXACTLY the spec I would get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckM View Post
What I'm not so hot on?
2. Clutch pedal engagement feels weird to me. ...
I recommend the Ultimate Clutch Pedal. Have one in my F87. The throw was WAY too long.
Now the throw is nearly identical to my S2000, but with softer pedal action.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 06:05 AM   #59
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
@02M3ForMe

Yes, I’ve test driven the C63 S Coupe multiple times in an attempt to justify buying one. Prior to the G8x, it was one of the cars that I loved the idea of owning; I enjoy its looks and the idea of a powerful AMG V8 and was up for a change after owning several M3/M4s. In reality, the car has too much luxury cruiser DNA expressed for me. It’s fast, but not fast enough to make up for deficiencies when doing anything more sporting than blasting down a straight highway.

The C63 S doesn’t let you forget that it’s well over 4,000 pounds. In comparison to the F80, the car does not inspire confidence in corners and, with its slower reflexes and softer handling characteristics, it makes it clear that the backroads aren’t where the car is happiest by any means. In this respect, the delta between the C63 S and G8x is vast. At this point, it’s a dated product and not a credible performance alternative to the new M cars. I rate the RS5 ahead of it.
Appreciate 2
PLF693766.00
Sedan_Clan25019.00
      05-28-2021, 06:15 AM   #60
PLF69
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Quote:
@02M3ForMe

Yes, I’ve test driven the C63 S Coupe multiple times in an attempt to justify buying one. Prior to the G8x, it was one of the cars that I loved the idea of owning; I enjoy its looks and the idea of a powerful AMG V8 and was up for a change after owning several M3/M4s. In reality, the car has too much luxury cruiser DNA expressed for me. It’s fast, but not fast enough to make up for deficiencies when doing anything more sporting than blasting down a straight highway.

The C63 S doesn’t let you forget that it’s well over 4,000 pounds. In comparison to the F80, the car does not inspire confidence in corners and, with its slower reflexes and softer handling characteristics, it makes it clear that the backroads aren’t where the car is happiest by any means. In this respect, the delta between the C63 S and G8x is vast. At this point, it’s a dated product and not a credible performance alternative to the new M cars. I rate the RS5 ahead of it.
I did go test drive the 2020 GLC63S yesterday ! Here is what stood out:

- Great engine, beautiful power dilevery
- Intoxicating sound, you always want to push the pedal
- Very emotional transmission

- More rattles, clunks and squeeks than my 100k mile 2014 Q5
- Inconsistent quality, come buttons and material feel space grade and other cheaper than a Kia
- Very comfortable at cruising the highway, falls apart on twisty broken roads.

I used the same roads I had test driven the G82 M4 and that thing felt rock solid and very confidence inpriring in comparison so the AMG product.

I guess my first idea was the best and I will be sticking to my G80 order, I stopped by the dealer and after a long explanation of all the ordering process and showing me all emails they had with production planners I am confident I will get my car in a reasonable timeframe.

BMW really set the bar high with this one, I have a hard time imagining myself rowing my own gears locked in those bucket seats everywhere around town discovering all the roads once again. Can't wait !!
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4261.50
      05-28-2021, 10:32 PM   #61
pookiemalibu
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Although, I do not agree that the interior quality is better. Yes, it does look updated and fresh but the quality of materials and the symmetry was better in F8x. But, if we are comparing with competitors, then I would agree. Even Audis have been going downhill these days with their interior quality, when BMW seems to have maintained their standards.

IMO, it's more about the tech and looks rather than the underlying quality itself with interiors these days and there's nothing wrong with approach, I suppose.
I won't argue questions of taste but your claim that the materials aren't higher quality is suspect.
Indeed. The interior quality of the G8X is impressive. In fact, it was the interior that led the charge with regards to me ordering the car. What I mean(t) by that is, the quality of the leather, the carbon fiber buckets, etc. is phenomenal. Spending time in a G8X and then hopping back into my F8X had me feeling like the F8X was subpar (…and it wasn't!!!!). The G8X was just that much of a step forward that it made an awesome car feel less awesome to me. Granted, while I did decide to buy a Porsche Carrera S instead, it's not because the G8X doesn't appeal to me…….because it does. The Porsche has always been my dream car and things worked out in a way that made it attainable……finally. Absent that opportunity I would be in a G82.

O.P…..lovely car. Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy the hell out of it!!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I won't argue questions of taste but your claim that the materials aren't higher quality is suspect.
Indeed. The interior quality of the G8X is impressive. In fact, it was the interior that led the charge with regards to me ordering the car. What I mean(t) by that is, the quality of the leather, the carbon fiber buckets, etc. is phenomenal. Spending time in a G8X and then hopping back into my F8X had me feeling like the F8X was subpar (…and it wasn't!!!!). The G8X was just that much of a step forward that it made an awesome car feel less awesome to me. Granted, while I did decide to buy a Porsche Carrera S instead, it's not because the G8X doesn't appeal to me…….because it does. The Porsche has always been my dream car and things worked out in a way that made it attainable……finally. Absent that opportunity I would be in a G82.

Do you mind sharing your financing experience with Porsche? I've heard Porsche Financial is hard to deal with and their interest rates are sky high. Certainly encourages lofty down payments or paying cash...Feel free to PM
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 11:13 PM   #62
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiemalibu View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you mind sharing your financing experience with Porsche? I've heard Porsche Financial is hard to deal with and their interest rates are sky high. Certainly encourages lofty down payments or paying cash...Feel free to PM
I'll shoot you a P/M.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 12:29 AM   #63
m34m
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Most of the narrative about this car has been about it's looks and most recently about positive reviews. It's seems nobody is too concerned about it's size, weight, or the fact that a BMW M3 Competition cannot be spec'd with a manual or dual clutch transmission. Yes yes I know the ZF is "brilliant". Strange how it wasn't so brilliant in the M5, X3M, or M340i I drove. I'm sure it's different here with netter "tuning".
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 08:51 AM   #64
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Congrats and great review.
      07-25-2021, 05:28 PM   #65
CanuckM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: cars

Name:  217577987_536280204455295_1240621700835456018_n.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  662.4 KB

I just drove the car this weekend for the second or third time since delivery. I have not performed the break-in service just yet.

What an enjoyable experience. Goal in August is to rack on the mileage.

I added bms 13/15 front and rear spacers. Stance is much more pronounced now and the car looks like it squats.

I will however will have to ppf the lower panels, I can hear the rocks being thrown on the lower side skirts.

More pics to come.
Appreciate 3
02M3ForMe4261.50
Sedan_Clan25019.00
Scorp!on1511.50
      07-25-2021, 06:20 PM   #66
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Car looks great.

You can still have quite a bit of fun during break-in taking 25mph corners at 65mph or more.
Appreciate 1
CanuckM665.50