BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-31-2022, 10:41 PM   #1
gs1403
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 6MT

Delivered: 2023 G82 Competition

Today was the culmination of exactly seven months of waiting for this car. One look at it and the misery of waiting for an allocation, sweating price and rate increases, and worries about anything and everything that could go wrong all evaporated. After months of only seeing this build on a configurator, words cannot describe just how stunning it is in person. It's been said 1000x here already but I'll say it again. The subtleties of what make this car look so good do not translate in pictures. Anybody hesitating about ordering this car or color sight unseen, don't think. Just do.

I went with somewhat of an oddball build, with RWD Comp, CCBs and Carbon Exterior, but no Carbon Buckets or Parking Assistance Package. I had doubts about the CCBs given the high price of entry, but seeing them in person, especially how they complement the gold flakes in the Dravit, I'd order them ten times over again. It started to rain on the drive home and I found the car remarkably composed and refined, much more so than the F82 I traded. At the same time, it's almost stupidly easy to get into triple digit speeds, even in sixth or seventh gear.

I have to hand it to BMW of Westchester for being a stand-up dealership and doing things the right way. Yes, the wait was painful and yes, there may have been a hiccup or two along the way through little fault of the dealership. At the end of the day however, they were professional and made the best of this terrible car and rate market. I shopped at least 30 dealerships in my search for this car and I have absolutely no doubt that I made the right choice in going with them. From my trade to working out the deal on the new car, they were extremely fair, straightforward and honest - much more than you can expect from most dealerships. Hit up Al Gonzalez there, great guy and an enthusiast.

A timeline for those interested:

3/30 - Order placed with dealership
8/2 - Allocation received
8/4 - Status 150, build locked before two week factory hiatus
9/5 - Exterior body assembly
9/7 - Paint booth, assembly line, quality check
9/8 - Awaiting carrier assignment
9/9 - Dispatched from factory
9/12 - At the port (Zeebrugge)
10/12 - Departed port
10/24 - Arrived at port (NY/NJ)
10/27 - Car at dealersip
10/31 - Delivered

As a final note, thank you to everybody who provided invaluable information and help along the journey.

Some pics. Will update thread with more pictures once I get some proper shoots in.

Anyone here?

2023 G82 M4 Competition / Dravit Grey Ind. / Silverstone/Black Full Merino / Carbon Fiber trim / Bi-color 826M / Executive / M Carbon Ceramic Brakes / Icon Adaptive LED Headlights / M Shadowline Lights / M Carbon Exterior

Last edited by gs1403; 11-01-2022 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 18
M3WithAT687.00
T0RM3NT3642.00
wtwo317971.00
Limegrntaln13475.00
Frawshok100.50
Llarry16040.50
Aalfred2619.00
'Cane8535.50
Jeg_e90m3173.00
GaoKS508.00
Mark Kez2201.50
MVNS41.50
      10-31-2022, 11:37 PM   #2
M3WithAT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1403 View Post
Today was the culmination of exactly seven months of waiting for this car. One look at it and the misery of waiting for an allocation, sweating price and rate increases, and worries about anything and everything that could go wrong all evaporated. After months of only seeing this build on a configurator, words cannot describe just how stunning it is in person. It's been said 1000x here already but I'll say it again. The subtleties of what make this car look so good do not translate in pictures. Anybody hesitating about ordering this car or color sight unseen, don't think. Just do.

I went with somewhat of an oddball build, with RWD Comp, CCBs and Carbon Exterior, but no Carbon Buckets or Parking Assistance Package. I had doubts about the CCBs given the high price of entry, but seeing them in person, especially how they complement the gold flakes in the Dravit, I'd order them ten times over again. It started to rain on the drive home and I found the car remarkably composed and refined, much more so than the F82 I traded. At the same time, it's almost stupidly easy to get into triple digit speeds, even in sixth or seventh gear.

I have to hand it to BMW of Westchester for being a stand-up dealership and doing things the right way. Yes, the wait was painful and yes, there may have been a hiccup or two along the way through little fault of the dealership. At the end of the day however, they were professional and made the best of this terrible car and rate market. I shopped at least 30 dealerships in my search for this car and I have absolutely no doubt that I made the right choice in going with them. From my trade to working out the deal on the new car, they were extremely fair, straightforward and honest - much more than you can expect from most dealerships. Hit up Al Gonzalez there, great guy and an enthusiast.

10/12 - Departed port
10/27 - Car at dealersip
10/31 - Delivered

As a final note, thank you to everybody who provided invaluable information and help along the journey.

Some pics. Will update thread with more pictures once I get some proper shoots in.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...15f01284_h.jpg[/img]

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...16dc61cc_h.jpg[/img]

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...d7bfc082_h.jpg[/img]

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...878d0fe2_h.jpg[/img]

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...3fc2399c_h.jpg[/img]

Anyone here?

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...4b97113d_h.jpg[/img]
Congratulations, beautiful build! I bet seeing the car on-site made the entire 7 months wait worth it. Enjoy Amigo!
gs14031392.00
      10-31-2022, 11:52 PM   #3
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 G80X

Congrats on the new ride OP! You did the build right with Dravit and CCBs. It's your car so as long as it makes you happy that's all that matters. That British Racing Green ain't too shabby either…

I just picked up my car this past Saturday after a 10 month wait and 100% agree with your thoughts on seeing the build live compared to seeing it on the configurator. In addition, as you mentioned the anxiety from checking status countless times a day before getting an allocation and throughout the build/shipping process has just up and vanished, like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders. I kind of miss it tbh lol :
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13475.00
gs14031392.00
      11-01-2022, 12:40 AM   #4
forumlurker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: almost every day

beautiful spec!

those CCBs
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13475.00
gs14031392.00
      11-01-2022, 02:43 AM   #5
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Congrats! Gorgeous build! Super happy for you... I remember us both sharing the misery of waiting for our allocations I think you nearly threw in the towel once, glad you stuck with it. I bet it feels so surreal to finally take delivery of the car!

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13475.00
gs14031392.00
      11-01-2022, 05:01 AM   #6
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Congrats OP. I was a little taken back, when I scrolled down to see the first pic, as I thought I was looking into the mirror. This is the first Dravit G82, I have seen, besides mine, with CCBs. And it's amazing. Congrats.

We're twinning. In case you're wondering what she looks like, all dressed in OEM carbon. front lip is RSC, the OEM one is in route. Lowered on BMW M Performance HAS.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
gs14031392.00
Psychos1s523.50
MVNS41.50
      11-01-2022, 05:22 AM   #7
biglilsteve
Master Chief
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 CX

How on earth did you move from allocation received to status 150 so quickly?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 11:56 AM   #8
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Congrats !!! Your car looks stunning !!! Im glad you got ur car and enjoying it. We were like 2 days apart from Allocation and being at port. Great to see that you already have ur car in hand. Mine is on a boat now and prob be at the VDC on 11/10. Cant wait to get my hands on it. Enjoy ur car and pl post more pics !!!
Appreciate 1
gs14031392.00
      11-01-2022, 08:21 PM   #9
gs1403
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WithAT View Post
Congratulations, beautiful build! I bet seeing the car on-site made the entire 7 months wait worth it. Enjoy Amigo!
Absolutely did. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwoll View Post
Congrats on the new ride OP! You did the build right with Dravit and CCBs. It's your car so as long as it makes you happy that's all that matters. That British Racing Green ain't too shabby either…

I just picked up my car this past Saturday after a 10 month wait and 100% agree with your thoughts on seeing the build live compared to seeing it on the configurator. In addition, as you mentioned the anxiety from checking status countless times a day before getting an allocation and throughout the build/shipping process has just up and vanished, like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders. I kind of miss it tbh lol :
Won't lie, the anticipation is definitely part of the fun. Congrats and enjoy your car in good health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Congrats! Gorgeous build! Super happy for you... I remember us both sharing the misery of waiting for our allocations I think you nearly threw in the towel once, glad you stuck with it. I bet it feels so surreal to finally take delivery of the car!
Thanks man. Lol yes, you remember I was one missed allocation drop close to canceling my order. Thinking back, really appreciate that we had our little support group. Definitely is surreal seeing the car in person for the first time. Hope you get yours quickly with no delays - the wait is absolutely worth it.
2023 G82 M4 Competition / Dravit Grey Ind. / Silverstone/Black Full Merino / Carbon Fiber trim / Bi-color 826M / Executive / M Carbon Ceramic Brakes / Icon Adaptive LED Headlights / M Shadowline Lights / M Carbon Exterior
Appreciate 1
wtwo317971.00
      11-01-2022, 08:27 PM   #10
gs1403
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Congrats OP. I was a little taken back, when I scrolled down to see the first pic, as I thought I was looking into the mirror. This is the first Dravit G82, I have seen, besides mine, with CCBs. And it's amazing. Congrats.

We're twinning. In case you're wondering what she looks like, all dressed in OEM carbon. front lip is RSC, the OEM one is in route. Lowered on BMW M Performance HAS.
Appreciate it! We actually talked about this in the past. Your car is the reason I convinced myself to stick with Dravit and CCBs. You probably have no idea how many times I went through the gallery of your car in anticipation of mine lol. The drop along with the OE+ stuff really perfects and completes the look of your car, but unfortunately not really a practical choice up here in the Northeast.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      11-01-2022, 08:36 PM   #11
gs1403
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglilsteve View Post
How on earth did you move from allocation received to status 150 so quickly?
I think it was because the allocation dropped right before the two-week factory hiatus. It took me and my CA by surprise, and it was a good thing he confirmed and updated my build the day the allocation dropped. I received another allocation the same day but the dealer did not tell me until it hit 150 two days later. I had to cancel with them as I decided to go with the first dealer but that car got built to my ordered spec as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalfred View Post
Congrats !!! Your car looks stunning !!! Im glad you got ur car and enjoying it. We were like 2 days apart from Allocation and being at port. Great to see that you already have ur car in hand. Mine is on a boat now and prob be at the VDC on 11/10. Cant wait to get my hands on it. Enjoy ur car and pl post more pics !!!
Will do and thank you fellow week 36er! Waiting for the boat was the hard part. Once it's in the States, everything should move pretty quickly. You should be seeing your car pretty soon and the wait will definitely be worth it.
Appreciate 1
Aalfred2619.00
      11-02-2022, 03:38 AM   #12
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post

Appreciate it! We actually talked about this in the past. Your car is the reason I convinced myself to stick with Dravit and CCBs. You probably have no idea how many times I went through the gallery of your car in anticipation of mine lol. The drop along with the OE+ stuff really perfects and completes the look of your car, but unfortunately not really a practical choice up here in the Northeast.
Haha! I do remember that! Glad I had some pics that could help. We got a stalker! I do try to change them from time to time, when I remember.

And you're right. The north east is rough for my configuration.

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 05:09 AM   #13
GaoKS
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 Raptor

What a dope ass spec. Enjoy in good health!

BMW Past Rides: 2023 G80 Comp, 2023 G80 xDrive, 2021 M3 Comp, 2020 M340i, 2019 540i, 2016 M4, 2016 535i, 2008 545i
Appreciate 1
gs14031392.00
      11-02-2022, 06:44 AM   #14
Mark Kez
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible

Quote:

10/12 - Departed port
10/27 - Car at dealersip
10/31 - Delivered

Anyone here?

Very nice ride!! And you are correct, worth the wait!!
Appreciate 1
gs14031392.00