BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-14-2022, 08:41 AM   #1
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

"Chrome Trick Extension" now on the chrome extension store...

Took forever to get published but the extension is now on the chrome store:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...gcjajoeodfpfon

I'm not sure what else there is to add to the extension but if anyone has any feature requests or change suggestions just let me know. Changes have to be manually reviewed though and will take some time to make it to the store.
Appreciate 6
Eris496219.50
s58544.00
Gfit2716.00
wtwo317971.00
      11-14-2022, 11:01 AM   #2
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Do the step dots being off center bother anyone else?

Might add a fix for this to the extension

Appreciate 1
aldenleaf350.00
      11-14-2022, 11:27 AM   #3
sljblk4est
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4C RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
Do the step dots being off center bother anyone else?

Might add a fix for this to the extension

So how do you get the extension to work? I click on it and nothing happens.
I have added it to my chrome extensions. And it is showing up. Pinned it to Chrome task bar. Does it need to be loaded or unpacked or ??

Here is the error that I am getting: Uncaught (in promise) Error: Cannot access a chrome:// URL

Last edited by sljblk4est; 11-14-2022 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: Added error message rec'd
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 01:00 PM   #4
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljblk4est View Post
So how do you get the extension to work? I click on it and nothing happens.
I have added it to my chrome extensions. And it is showing up. Pinned it to Chrome task bar. Does it need to be loaded or unpacked or ??

Here is the error that I am getting: Uncaught (in promise) Error: Cannot access a chrome:// URL
Not entirely sure, kind of seems like a permission issue.

Can you take a screenshot of what the page looks like?

Also if you go chrome://extensions/ it might show an error log on the chrome extension next to the details and remove button.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 01:07 PM   #5
biglilsteve
Master Chief
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 CX

Works like a charm. I have two versions - one "beta" version with just status code and production date, as well as the Chrome Store version. Both installed at the same time, both usable interchangeably without reloading the page.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2022, 01:17 PM   #6
smitpatel5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3Comp Xdrive (G80)

Works like a charm! Great job making this!! Quick question? Do you have to click the little extension logo in the top right? Or can it auto populate/ be active when the sites loaded? No big deal at all but when I load the site it's normal then have to go and click the extension in top right of chrome which again after I pinned it is legit a matter of 0.64 seconds 😂 not sure if I'm using it wrong?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 01:29 PM   #7
sljblk4est
Private
Rep

Garage List
I agree that it might be a permissions issue, but I'm not sure how to resolve that.
There is no screen to take a shot of... nothing happens...
The error message that showed up is what I posted above.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 01:33 PM   #8
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitpatel5 View Post
Works like a charm! Great job making this!! Quick question? Do you have to click the little extension logo in the top right? Or can it auto populate/ be active when the sites loaded? No big deal at all but when I load the site it's normal then have to go and click the extension in top right of chrome which again after I pinned it is legit a matter of 0.64 seconds 😂 not sure if I'm using it wrong?
So the page actually loads before the data for the car is done loading. That's why I made it so the button click is required.

I could probably setup a listener for the data to be done loading and then have it auto populate the data from the extension. Would be something I'd have to take a closer look at when I get some free time.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 01:34 PM   #9
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljblk4est View Post
I agree that it might be a permissions issue, but I'm not sure how to resolve that.
There is no screen to take a shot of... nothing happens...
The error message that showed up is what I posted above.
Your car loads with the basic information though, right? Just wanted a screenshot to make sure you were trying to use it on the right page and there's nothing else funky going on.

You could also try deleting the extension and re-adding.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 01:36 PM   #10
smitpatel5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3Comp Xdrive (G80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
Quote:
So the page actually loads before the data for the car is done loading. That's why I made it so the button click is required.

I could probably setup a listener for the data to be done loading and then have it auto populate the data from the extension. Would be something I'd have to take a closer look at when I get some free time.
Hahah no worries legit don't bother it's not required at all! Makes sense! Even it's current function is crazy awesome. Email bmw and get paid for this lmao legit business case of better customer experience, minimal implementation resources for them, and less strain on the resources (freeing up genius) hmmmm now how much to sell it to them for? 1 2023 g80 and we'll call it even 😅
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 01:38 PM   #11
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Hahah no worries legit don't bother it's not required at all! Makes sense! Even it's current function is crazy awesome. Email bmw and get paid for this lmao legit business case of better customer experience, minimal implementation resources for them, and less strain on the resources (freeing up genius) hmmmm now how much to sell it to them for? 1 2023 g80 and we'll call it even 😅
Trust me the amount of times I refresh the page it would be nice haha

Yeah they must be running a skeleton crew on the mygarage web app. Would love to get a job there and help them out... or as you suggested I'll take a free M3.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2022, 01:48 PM   #12
sljblk4est
Private
Rep

Garage List
All is good now. I cleared the cache.
I have 3 vehicles in my garage, only 2 of which are mine. I had initially added a prod number my CA gave me. But, it was the wrong Prod Number. I do not have a button or option or I would delete that vehicle
Appreciate 0