Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-28-2022, 07:25 PM   #1
Zezze
Registered
Brazil
Rep
Drives: SMB G80 M3C

Hi,

I'm pairing my G80 M3C with a cat back exhaust system and I'm wondering if anyone has used the Leib engineering OPF deleter and has any instructions or photos of the installation just to help with it.

The exhaust is supposed to arrive in 4 weeks and will be installed by some experienced friends but I would like to help by providing the most information I can.

I'm sorry if this a dumb question…

Thank you for reading!
Have a nice day!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 02:50 AM   #2
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

I have it installed and it was no big deal after we figured out where the sensors are. The instructions stated they were in the engine bay but that's the case with F series.

The sensors are under the heat shielding just posterior to the opfs. They will be very accessible after you remove the factory exhaust. Check shmee150's remus video. They show the location very briefly.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 09:11 AM   #3
Zezze
Registered
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
I have it installed and it was no big deal after we figured out where the sensors are. The instructions stated they were in the engine bay but that's the case with F series.

The sensors are under the heat shielding just posterior to the opfs. They will be very accessible after you remove the factory exhaust. Check shmee150's remus video. They show the location very briefly.
I've just watched the video and It was very helpful.

May I ask If you have you had any CEL or engine warnings with the deleter ?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 09:28 AM   #4
V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezze View Post
I've just watched the video and It was very helpful.

May I ask If you have you had any CEL or engine warnings with the deleter ?

Thanks!
Do you have OPF in Brazil???? I thought not!

So...I bought a pair of OPF deleter cables from Manhart and.......I think they come from Leib itself. I'll install as soon as the car will arrive (maybe in rwo/three weeks) as the first mod is put the OPFs in the rubbish case.

I'll tell you if they work or not within the month.

As far as the price....yes...I agree with whom that say that it's a simple cable that doesn't worth the rpice requested, but....now I know it. It's a simple electric "resistance" in the end.

BMW G80 M3 Comp.xDrive 2022 + Jaguar F-Pace SVR v8 2022 + BMW F20 M140i RWD 2017
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 10:03 AM   #5
Zezze
Registered
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
Do you have OPF in Brazil???? I thought not!

So...I bought a pair of OPF deleter cables from Manhart and.......I think they come from Leib itself. I'll install as soon as the car will arrive (maybe in rwo/three weeks) as the first mod is put the OPFs in the rubbish case.

I'll tell you if they work or not within the month.

As far as the price....yes...I agree with whom that say that it's a simple cable that doesn't worth the rpice requested, but....now I know it. It's a simple electric "resistance" in the end.
I read in some national site that it had but I just checked to make sure and It doesn't really have the OPF filters as in the shmee150's video or Joe Achilles's video at Milltek, just another container...

This means I don't need the OPF Deleter right ? Here are some photos I was able to take.

I'm feeling really dumb right now, thanks for the heads up!
Attached Images

Last edited by Zezze; 03-01-2022 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 12:24 PM   #6
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezze View Post
I read in some national site that it had but I just checked to make sure and It doesn't really have the OPF filters as in the shmee150's video or Joe Achilles's video at Milltek, just another container...

This means I don't need the OPF Deleter right ? Here are some photos I was able to take.

I'm feeling really dumb right now, thanks for the heads up!
There is no opf in your exhaust. So no need spending hundreds over a cheap cable.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 06:22 PM   #7
KylianHamilton
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, G80 M3C, Tesla M3

Garage List
Does the opf-deleter cables need to fit on the exhaust or not? Or will any exhaust system fit?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 02:22 AM   #8
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

The deleter connects to the opf sensor (which lies beneath the heatshield), between oem connections. It doesn't connect directly to the exhaust. Just like valve controllers sit between oem cables and the actuators.

But despite using this, the metallic connections that physically connect to the pipe to let the opf sensor read pressure, still needs to be screwed in.

It means if you get a non-eu spec midpipe or catback, you will need weld-on bungs to connect the metal hoses.
Apologies if I can't explain it properly.
I have a couple of threads about this when I was installing the vt midpipe.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 03:11 AM   #9
KylianHamilton
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The deleter connects to the opf sensor (which lies beneath the heatshield), between oem connections. It doesn't connect directly to the exhaust. Just like valve controllers sit between oem cables and the actuators.

But despite using this, the metallic connections that physically connect to the pipe to let the opf sensor read pressure, still needs to be screwed in.

It means if you get a non-eu spec midpipe or catback, you will need weld-on bungs to connect the metal hoses.
Apologies if I can't explain it properly.
I have a couple of threads about this when I was installing the vt midpipe.
Thanks for explaining, this OPF-nonsense is making my choices really difficult. Gotta check with each company if their exhaust has the Bungs. Hope I'll get around on ordering one soon. How's the VT midpipe? Any other exhaust mods done?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 09:17 AM   #10
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylianHamilton View Post
Thanks for explaining, this OPF-nonsense is making my choices really difficult. Gotta check with each company if their exhaust has the Bungs. Hope I'll get around on ordering one soon. How's the VT midpipe? Any other exhaust mods done?
No worries. Man this opf has been a real pain the ass for us in Europe. We have to keep in mind that if we like any non-eu exhaust/midpipe, we are effectively losing warranty and having additional costs of ordering and welding fittings, etc. Unless, we femtoevo and remap and lose the whole power train warranty instead .

The VT midpipe, apart from the pain of installing, has been brilliant. The sound is (almost) exactly what i want. I think it needs catless or 200 cell downpipes to really come alive. I did combine it with Remus race rear section but didnt like it. Too loud and triggering alarms all over the place. Also, just ambient noise and no real engine noise.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 09:20 AM   #11
KylianHamilton
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
No worries. Man this opf has been a real pain the ass for us in Europe. We have to keep in mind that if we like any non-eu exhaust/midpipe, we are effectively losing warranty and having additional costs of ordering and welding fittings, etc. Unless, we femtoevo and remap and lose the whole power train warranty instead .

The VT midpipe, apart from the pain of installing, has been brilliant. The sound is (almost) exactly what i want. I think it needs catless or 200 cell downpipes to really come alive. I did combine it with Remus race rear section but didnt like it. Too loud and triggering alarms all over the place. Also, just ambient noise and no real engine noise.
I don't know if you've seen the InkedCustoms single midpipe but I plan on getting that one. Did the remus add-on really make it that much louder? I wanna go for loud but won't go catless (warranty and the hassle to switch it out for tests). Have you sold the remus axle back already?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 10:41 AM   #12
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I don't know if you've seen the InkedCustoms single midpipe but I plan on getting that one. Did the remus add-on really make it that much louder? I wanna go for loud but won't go catless (warranty and the hassle to switch it out for tests). Have you sold the remus axle back already?
I was almost going to let you know about the InkedCustoms because that one looks like the VT midpipe. The connections are there for the opf sensors as well, so plug and play for us. Also, it has a flex section that would make installation easier. Not sure how much its costs though.

The remus+VT was very loud, especially the cold start-up. Despite that, I would have loved to keep the setup but, that baseline low pitch growling sound, was just there at baseline, and didn't change much when you put your foot down. It also, sort of, drowned the lovely VT midpipe high pitch sound. And, it sounded the same, whether the valves were open or closed.

I also removed the VT midpipe and only had remus opf back with oem midpipes. Sounded civilized but still the high revs were not exciting or visceral. Not trying to dismiss the remus as an option, just giving my opinion. I did get my car to an exhaust shop to see if it was blowing but seemed it was perfectly fitted. I have put it up on ebay now.
Appreciate 0